The cruise is not official until ???

As I get closer to Retirement and I review the cruises we have been on and those to come I reflect on what is a must thing to do or experience to make the start of the cruise official. For us the common denominator is Sail Away.

When We first started cruising I would stand at the rail Dumb founded doing or saying nothing. Now I wave, whistle until the ship has passed the breakwater and is out in open sea Then and only then at least for me Our cruise has begun:)

If Im flying its when the plane lands safely and I have my luggage, then its party time.

If I am driving to San Pedro we start the morning with Mimosas at home, listen to Cocomo in the car, and then once we have the car parked and are on the escalator to check in, then its party time.

But the minute we book a cruise its countdown time and thats what keeps us running the rat race every day until party time.

Our cruise begins when we step foot on the ship.

Yes, hear the bing-bong of the Sea Pass for the first of many times.

Then head for the Windjammer for the first of many times. :o

Then we feel like we are finally there. :D

The first glimpse of the ship, either from the taxi at the port or the hotel room at 5am!

I love that taxi ride to the port where you see your ship getting closer and closer :D

Mine has always been the Bing-bong noise when you first check in with your seapass card.

What a comforting noise it is....it's like saying "welcome home"

Yup, I'm with you Gator626, after the dredded musterdrill. We also have to agree with Wididi-mom that Cocomo is our favorite cruise song. We alway play it on the way to the airport.

Rollie

The cruise vacation begins for me in phases...

1) Loading the car to drive down to Florida.

2) Seeing the ship from the hotel.

3) Hearing the "bing" from inserting my Sea Pass card into the camera, and of course...

4) Sailaway!

Archived