The cruise is not official until ???

the cruise begins for me as I get out of the car and grab my luggage. Since we live in florida most of the time we drive to the port. So it begins when we part the car and walk towards the ship.

From the time we actually book the cruise. The anticipation and waiting is actually kinda fun, all the planning and purchasing the things you need for the cruise. We also love the first time you see the ship, especially if we are traveling with newbe's. The look on their faces is priceless. When we step on board and I don't have my cell phone or laptop, can't communicate with work lol. Our first of many Miami Vices and Pina Coladas.

Wow, I agree with a lot of the suggestions here, but to me, the cruise begins when I see the ship for the first time. It could be the morning from my hotel window, or as I'm driving up to the terminal. But, when I see that beautiful, magestic ship, the heart starts thumping a little harder.

At first I got thinking that it's when I made my final payment, but that's 75 loooooong days before I cruise, so it's not really that.

A Miami vice is a mix of Strawberry Daquari and Pina Colada Swirled to look kinda like a candy cane.

Well it sounded good until the Pina Colada part - only because I can't eat/drink coconut anything. Thanks for the info!

Nobody has said "after the muster drill"? :eek::rolleyes:

That's exactly what I was going to say......"after the muster drill".......and especially after you get your luggage and get everything unpacked and put away

Then it's.......PARTY TIME!!!!

For us it also starts in phases:

1. Vacation begins when I leave work and head to get my nails/toes done

2. See the ship

3. Get our SeaPass cards and that first bing-bong when you get your picture taken

4. First drink at the pool bar

5. Sail away

I just wish it never came back!!!

For me... I always stop on the gangway for a second between the terminal and the ship and look down at that tiny sliver of water between the dock and the ship... excitedly, I announce to DH, "We're home"... then we head for the nearest bar...

I'm one of those who it hits in stages.

1. When I get in the car or get off the plane.

2. Morning of departure getting everything switched around for the ship.

3. Checking in at the terminal.

4. The bing of the Sea Pass.

5. The first drink.

6. Ships horn as we head out.

I love this thread also!

For me it's a combination of the first sight of the ship ...

I can hear that bing bong sound in my head now ... best sound ever.

Then I love walking across the gangway and entering the Atrium ... there is that certain scent to the ship that you get a blast of ...

So, it's a feast for the senses: sight, sound, smell and then on to the Windjammer for taste!

I'm one of those that has several "moments" as well: :)

* Getting in the car after that last day at work

* Seeing the ship as we approach port (we live very close to Port Canaveral and visit Cocoa Beach often, so we see the ships pretty regularly, but there is nothing like driving in and knowing that finally, that ship is here for *you*)

* Getting my Sea-Pass

* Finishing "business" (muster drill, checking our reservations and table placement)

* Drinking that first Drink of the Day!

Mine has always been the Bing-bong noise when you first check in with your seapass card.

I agree. It is official for me when I cross the threshold into the ship for the first time. I am usually on board by noon, so I am not going to give up 4-5 hours of vacation waiting for sail-away :D

Okay we have all pretty much said that the moment we see the ship it gets out vacay juices flowing and the party has started.

How many of you live near a cruise port and have gone down to see the ship, but know you cant get on, that is excrutiating!!!

Its right there and you cant touch it.

We went to San Pedro a few Sundays ago to check out the area hotels, and I got weepy several times looking at the Mariner and seeing all the passengers getting out of their cars with luggage, and knowing they are going to be living my life for the next 7 days.

Its funny how just the sight of a cruise ship can affect you.

The cruise/vacation officially begins when I can start taking pictures :D! I love, love LOVE taking pics of the ship, pool, food, excursions, and days of the week in the elevator (I try to make this the first pic of the day, then I can organize my photos easier that way!) My DH almost has to wrestle the camera away from me on the last day, that's when I know it's "over" :(.

As soon as my work building is in the rear view mirror, I'm in cruise mode..

I second that. I define ANY vacation as starting the minute I walk out of the office, because from that point forward, I have nothing to think about other than the vacation :-).

I have to agree with D: All of the above.......

But the true moment for me is when the engines are fired up and I feel the rumble of the ship......sends shivers down my spine!!

I know we will soon be on our way......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............:D

I'm also one of the phases people.

1) Once I'm headed to the airport to catch that flight

2) Once I land and collect all my bags, the excitement and the anticipation are in full gear:p

3)When I wake up on embarkation day and see the ship in port

4) When we pull up to the port and I hand off my bags to the porters.

5) After checking in, hearing the first bing as I put the seapass in

6) After that first whiff of the ship, steel drums playing in the background and a pina colada in my hands:D:D:D:D.

Is it December yet?

Archived