Libby Riddles or Mount Roberts Tramway

Scubagal1

If given a choice, which would you pick? We have another excursion planned in Juneau so we don't have time for both the Libby Riddles talk and the Mount Roberts Tramway. It's our first Alaska cruise. Thanks in advance!

Personally I would choose Libby Riddles. Her presentation was a real highlight for our family. Now I have not done the Mount Roberts Tramway as it has always been to foggy and overcast on all of our Juneau stops to make it worthwhile, so I can't really compare fairly, but I would have been sad to miss the talk by Libby Riddles. She is a fascinating woman and has led an amazing life.

First of all if you plan to do the Mt. Roberts Tram do not buy your tickets until you are ready to ride. They don't run out of tickets and there is no price break for buying on your ship.

However, I would prefer to hear Libby! She is absolutely wonderful.

Did both on July 2. I would vote for Libby. The tram is way overpriced for just a ride to the top of the mountain and back. Even on a clear day, it was good, but not worth $29.

Did both on July 2. I would vote for Libby. The tram is way overpriced for just a ride to the top of the mountain and back. Even on a clear day, it was good, but not worth $29.

Did you buy your tram ticket from the cruiseline? I paid $27 on July 14th. Did go up twice that day - once a little after 8 AM - hiked around up on the top - it was very beautiful - and hardly any people up there. Went back around 1:30 - but it was crowded at the top and didn't stay very long. The ticket is good for all day, so if the weather is good, do it the first thing off the ship and the last thing before you leave.

I have seen Libby's presentation 5 or 6 times - I love her talk! She is one of those people who is so down to earth and so impressive. She appeals to kids and seniors and everyone in-between.

I think Mount Robert's Tram is over-rated IMO.

If you do miss Libby Riddles - her presentation is usually (always?) shown on tv the following day.

If you do go to see Libby - she is often available before the talk (and after) to speak to individually. She often is on ships towards the end of the stop and does have to get off the ship before it sails. She does try to talk to as many people after and to autograph books.

Archived