SALE: Carnival 4 Day TRIPLE PLAY

falkcor

does this sale entice you to book?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. does this sale entice you to book?

• yes
    • maybe
    • no
    • definitely not - smoke and mirrors

here's the 'fine print' for anybody looking for it:

^The company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

* Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Cash back offer is non-transferable. Cash back is provided as a refundable onboard credit to your Sail & Sign account: For select sailings thru September 4th, 2009 sailings (i) $50 per person up to a maximum of $100 per stateroom on select 3 - 4 day sailings (ii) up to $75 per person up to a maximum of $150 per stateroom on select 5 day sailings; or (iii) up to $120 per person up to a maximum of $240 per stateroom on select 6, 7 or 8 day sailings. For select sailings between September 5th, 2009 and December 31, 2009 sailings (i) $50 per person up to a maximum of $100 per stateroom on select 3 - 4 day sailings (ii) up to $75 per person up to a maximum of $150 per stateroom on select 5 day sailings; or (iii) up to $100 per person up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom on select 7-8 day sailings. If your Sail & Sign account has a cash balance at the end of the cruise after all authorized purchases have been applied to the account, any remaining unused portion of the cash back onboard credit will be delivered in check form to your stateroom on the morning of debarkation with your final Sail & Sign statement.

Cash back offer is capacity controlled and combinable with best available upgrades only. Offer not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Best available stateroom upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Ocean view to Ocean view and Balcony to balcony). Limited ocean view upgrades may be available on select ships. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Reduced rates are available on select sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Blackout dates may apply. Valid on individual and group bookings made between 07/29/09-08/01/09. Group bookings are restricted to berth, does not support amenities, and standard T/Cs apply. Promotion is applicable to select ships and departures thru 12/31/09. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Cash back may not be applied to cruise fare or government taxes and fees. Please request fare code O3P. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

so here i think i see the first time this sale registers by searching via a normal manner... a second cash back option (24) appears:

11-29-09-valor.jpg

this is for 11/29/09 valor...

509 doesn't look so hot vs. 349 past guest and senior...

BUT, if it IS 200 obc per stateroom on this 7 night cruise, 509 vs. 429, plus the 'free' upgrades, could be equitable...

any other experience where this works out?

Interesting

My cruise is $30 pp more than what I booked for last week.

Nov 27 Imagination

I paid ES 199.00 pp for a 4 A i got one of those Port hole for the price of a inside.

The sale price is 229.00 hmmmmm

Also wouldn't that be considered a holiday sailing?

I think I should be happy with my rate.

Why are there never any sales like this that include leaving out of Galveston.

Because Galveston cruises are always booked full. So we do not get any good cheap sales.

Come on Carnival, give us a break and another ship or 2. We will take another 1 while waiting for the beautiful Magic to get here...:D

Texans have proved we will fill them...;)

Because Galveston cruises are always booked full. So we do not get any good cheap sales.

Come on Carnival, give us a break and another ship or 2. We will take another 1 while waiting for the beautiful Magic to get here...:D

My LA friends booked the Conquest on the last triple play, they have a extended balcony in Sept for $1600, which includes $200 OBC. I guess it was a good deal, but they could probably have booked another balcony cheaper. ... but Galveston was included on the last triple play.

:lol: our suite, now on sale, costs more than when we booked it.

I stand corrected. I just checked the Carnival website again and our cabin had dropped $50/pp so I just called and had the price adjusted. :D

It was cheaper for me to book the Holiday's last sailing with the ES rate than with the current promotion. I ended up with a 6B oceanview for $219pp for a 5-night cruise. It would have been $100 more pp under the promotion even with the OBC.

Dave

I already booked, I could have booked for over $100 cheaper and gotten an aft-extended balcony.

I booked too late to book early saver too.

Any chance I could still call and get the aft-extended balcony for free?

I understood that have not even made a decision where the Magic is going to be docked.

You pay extra cash for an on board credit.

Not much of a sale, 3 to 4 day, yes. 7 to 8 day not much of a sale.

I talked with Carnival all week while checking the price on their website.

Not one person could quote me a price cheaper than what was posted on line. You may as well book on line. Carnival use to give you a better price if you called them.

I had several sites I checked as well where I was getting better pricing in the past. Most we're 200.00 higher than carnival.

I'm finding better prices on other cruise lines other than Carnival ???

Not good !

If you book the early saver for 2010 you save ,buts thats in Dec Sept etc.

I don't like to plan that far ahead :confused: Especially around Hurricane Season

Archived