Had Fun until I was Denied my onboard credit!!

westcruzer

I understand what the website says however it does not mention the welcome back discount anywhere either..... I didn't even know about the welcome back discount until she told me about it....The Welcome back was not an OBC. Plus when I ask specifically if this is in addition to the cash back I was told the day I booked and every day since (even Yesterday after the cruise) she still says the same thing.

But the one thing learned here is get everything in writing!!

I know, I was just pointing out that the website says they it "is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Combinable with Fun Select rates only"

and that the 'welcome back' would probably fall under the 'other discount or offer"

I believe you understood that you could get both, I just think perhaps there was 'some kind of miscommuincation' (trying to be PC for all involved) ;)

I hope you were not intentionally mislead.

Let's face it, one mistake was made here...Trusting Carnival to own up to their mistake and making it right. If their representative makes a promise the company should back it up, if they want to retrain or terminate the offending employee that is up to them, otherwise pay up what was promised.

Op, you could of had this all settled before your cruise had you bothered looking on line for your obc before you left.

So how do you find this online? I am supposed to get $240 per cabin from a carnival promo, but when I look at my reservations online, I see no mention of any OBC. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place. Please advise. This is clearly stated on my receipt from my TA. Should it also be noted somewhere on my cruise documents? I sail in one month.

wow that makes me feel real good.....Hope it made you feel good.

My comment wasn't meant to be mean. If you have read a lot of CC threads you would see that people who have low post numbers are generally thought of as trolls. I truly hope you get your OBC. I wasn't calling you a troll. But, think whatever you want. Good Luck to you!!!!! :eek:

So how do you find this online? I am supposed to get $240 per cabin from a carnival promo, but when I look at my reservations online, I see no mention of any OBC. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place. Please advise. This is clearly stated on my receipt from my TA. Should it also be noted somewhere on my cruise documents? I sail in one month.

It should be on page 6 of your edocs.

Since you booked thru a TA you cant see into your booking, or you could also see it there.

You can only see it on your edocs.

How do you know? You don't even know what kind of OBC the OP is referring to, do you? (Sorry if I missed that) And, there is absolutely no information posted about the welcome back credit, at least on carnival.com.

Iv seen it posted on Carnival. ... but dont have the link, but here is a link saying its being discontinued.

https://www.bookccl.com/pdf/DiscontinuationOfWelcomeHomeProgram.pdf

Based on what the other person posted, it does seem clear that the web site says it was not combinable. If I was getting one thing from a sales person in India, and another from the official web site. I think I would go with the web site.

Did I miss something? Where does it say the PVP is from India????

If your edocuments are available, print them out or view them online. The OBC my TA promised does appear on one of the pages. I don't recall seeing OBCs reflected anywhere else--on any cruiseline for that matter.

-Lori

Let's face it, one mistake was made here...Trusting Carnival to own up to their mistake and making it right. If their representative makes a promise the company should back it up, if they want to retrain or terminate the offending employee that is up to them, otherwise pay up what was promised.

According to the OP, remember there are 3 sides to every story and we are only getting one. I never pass judgement on these he said/she said threads.

"Trust ... but verify.";)

Good luck, OP. And let us know how it shakes out.

Sad to say this but when dealing with any cruiseline your quote should read:

Never trust . . . . . . always verify.

OBC is not always visible online. I got email confirmations that I had received an OBC credit and kept checking my docs - nothing showed up. When I called my PVP, I was told that it probably wouldn't show up online, and that it would appear onboard.

So onboard I went to check my OBC, and finally found that some of it was there, but $100 was missing.

So I ended up on the phone with Guest Relations. However, they fixed the problem very quickly, and my credit card was reimbursed $100. I was able to give them the dates that I received my emails, and thankfully, they were able to see it in their system that they still owed me $100, so it was painless. I would have been much more upset if I had to run around trying to get it sorted out, and if in the end they wouldn't honour it.

3 and $63

I'm definitely seen that mistakes do happen with Carnival. I'm just lucky they've worked out alright.

I learned OVER 60 years ago, Believe NONE of what you hear and only half of what you read. Today much of what you read needs deep discounting, but if it is not in writing in your hand, IT DOES NOT, WILL NOT, AND HAS NOT EVER EXISTED.

I hope I don't have the same problem next month. I also recieved the $50.00 promo and did the cash back which is $150.00. I did print out the docs that state that I am to recieve the OBC so I hope they don't try that with me. I will definetly keep an eye on it when I get on board. OP thanks for the heads up on this.

If your edocuments are available, print them out or view them online. The OBC my TA promised does appear on one of the pages. I don't recall seeing OBCs reflected anywhere else--on any cruiseline for that matter.

-Lori

It is there. It is just hard to find. Try checking in modify booking. It took me a while to find it.

My comment wasn't meant to be mean. If you have read a lot of CC threads you would see that people who have low post numbers are generally thought of as trolls. I truly hope you get your OBC. I wasn't calling you a troll. But, think whatever you want. Good Luck to you!!!!! :eek:

Sorry I am obviously new to the board and kinda took it a little personal....Thanks for letting me know.

On my last cruise on the Carnival Liberty my OBC was on my e-docs. I also spoke to someone when I obtained the OBC & asked for an immediate e-mail stating the amount of OBC.

I also have a CC cruise on the Dream booked and no where in writing do I see the $100 OBC or the Welcome Back OBC, just the balance owed and when. It is a 2010 cruise so I won't have docs for sometime to come. I don't like to take anyone's word for anything.

I received the Welcome Back $50 credit on my upcoming Fantasy cruise, and my online docs also show the $50 pp CashBack OBC. I have emailed my PVP to verify that I WILL get this OBC, and I will bring his email with me on our cruise in case I run into problems. I am hoping this was an isolated incident, and I'm sorry for the stress the OP went through with all this.

excellent lesson learn d..deal directly with CCL..any deal s you get...get it in writing..i had my agent print my OBC and any other entitlements on

the receipt..

so many time s ive read where CCL said they could nt resolve a problem and it had to be handled thru the booking TA..

Page 6 of your cruise docs.

For my upcoming Triumph cruise I was given the $50 welcome back credit. It was taken off the top, price of the cruise, not as OBC. I booked the cruise ES. I think that is what should have happened to you. I do not understand why Carnival is making is so hard for people to get what they are intitled too. It actually takes very little good customer service to make people happy. But it only takes one bad customer service person to lose a customer. Hope it all works out for you. Good Luck

I also received $ 50 welcome back credit as a decution from the price NOT OBC. I booked with Cash Back option and now have OCB $ 200. I also received additional $50 OBC for being stockholder ( cruise is 5 nights)

Archived