Can you stand another Venice qustion???

sallylynne

We arrive at airport at 5PM in November, so I am thinking it will be dark. Should we spend first night at Crown Plaza by airport, then go to St Mark's hotel (Anastasia) the next morning when we can see where we're going? We have 2 more nights there before boarding the Summit....or just brave the darkness and get to Anastasia that first night???? Thanks for any advice.

Oh no...not another Venice question! :rolleyes:

I'd be going straight to my hotel in Venice. I wouldn't want to be checking in only to have to check out the next morning to travel to the next hotel. 5pm is not really that late and you'll have time to explore Venice that evening and not be bothered with moving the following day.

If you're concerned about finding your hotel, you might want to consider a water taxi from the airport. I'm sure it can get you very close to your hotel. Water taxis are quite expensive however...isn't everything though?

Lew

OK...thanks everyone! I'll cancel Crown Plaza & add another night to Hotel Anastasia!

Be sure to go to the Cafe Florian on Piazza San Marco at least once for an after dinner drink and dessert. It will set you back a few, but well worth it to listen to the orchestra playing under the stars until the wee hours.

Be sure to go to the Cafe Florian on Piazza San Marco at least once for an after dinner drink and dessert.

Great suggestion! This is a must do for us whenever we're in Venice.

Lew

Be sure to go to the Cafe Florian on Piazza San Marco at least once for an after dinner drink and dessert. It will set you back a few, but well worth it to listen to the orchestra playing under the stars until the wee hours.

It is more than a Few! :eek:

Still, it is something that is part of the Venice tradition although I prefer to listen from the fringes for a while and then spend my Euros in any of the many places away from San Marco.:D

Cheers

Consider this when making your plans. It's a bit of a hike from the airport to the water to catch water transportation. Be prepared to lug your luggage. There are porters who will transport for a fee. Private water taxi will set you back a few euros.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never seen "porters" at the San Marco vaporetto landings, but I wasn't looking for them.

Yes there are. You are looking at one. I always tell DW that when we go to Venice she can only take what she can maneuver on her own. Of course I always wind up lugging hers and mine. Never even get a tip. :cool:

We arrive at airport at 5PM in November, so I am thinking it will be dark. Should we spend first night at Crown Plaza by airport, then go to St Mark's hotel (Anastasia) the next morning when we can see where we're going? We have 2 more nights there before boarding the Summit....or just brave the darkness and get to Anastasia that first night???? Thanks for any advice.

Go ahead and go to Venice. The place is absolutely alive at night. We wandered the streets, ate dinner at a great trattoria on the Grand Canal near the Rialto Bridge, wandered the shops, had gelato. It was great. We did not head back to the ship until almost mignight...

It is more than a Few! :eek:

Still, it is something that is part of the Venice tradition although I prefer to listen from the fringes for a while and then spend my Euros in any of the many places away from San Marco.:D

Cheers

You are right on that!! It's $8 just to sit down and listen to orchestra!! Then you get to order!!!! It's definately a "splurge" but one I don't regret.:D

Archived