What about Malaga???

Dem920

Anyone done this shore excurision with kids (NCL)? I have heard that it is a sight not to be missed, but as a nine hour shore excursion, it might be too much for them. First there's the two hour commute, presumably on a big, comfy bus so we would be ok, but then how is the tour itself? Will the kids really enjoy it? Will they be forced to follow rigid guidelines and not be able to run off any steam? I don't want to book it and ruin it for everyone else on the tour, let alone have a terrible day myself. Please, suggestions and advice from experienced travellers needed! Oh yes, the boys are 3, 5, and 7 - generally good travellers, but not if they can't get out and run a bit between long stretches in the car/bus.

Anyone done this shore excurision with kids (NCL)? I have heard that it is a sight not to be missed, but as a nine hour shore excursion, it might be too much for them. First there's the two hour commute, presumably on a big, comfy bus so we would be ok, but then how is the tour itself? Will the kids really enjoy it? Will they be forced to follow rigid guidelines and not be able to run off any steam? I don't want to book it and ruin it for everyone else on the tour, let alone have a terrible day myself. Please, suggestions and advice from experienced travellers needed! Oh yes, the boys are 3, 5, and 7 - generally good travellers, but not if they can't get out and run a bit between long stretches in the car/bus.

Though I love Alhambra, I don't think your kids will enjoy it. They are still too young. IMHO, it's better to wait until they are older.

I will suggest that you do Malaga, Ronda (watch out for the cliffs though) or Gibraltar. You can either take an excursion or rent a car and DIY.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the great photos and commentary. We will be in Malaga in October and wonder if you can walk from the ship to the lighthouse? or do you have to use public transport from the cruise terminal?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how easy it is to go to Aqualand in Torremolinos from Malaga ? I know there are bus and train connections but was looking for someone who has done this journey.

We have visited Malaga many times so have seen all the usual attractions.

Archived