Where to eat B-fast day of departure?

Cruizeguru

Flying in early on a Monday to Miami International Airport before our cruise departure. Like arriving 0830 :eek: early.

So was wandering if anyone could help with a local place for breakfast somewhere with some flair or style......somewhere that the servings are big and its cheap.....a locals kinda place!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.:D

There's a hotel located inside the airport that should have a good breakfast. Otherwise you're looking at a $20+ cab ride to get downtown ($30+ for South Beach), and another $10-15 to get to POM. Only other option is to take the free airport shuttle to a hotel near the airport, have breakfast, and then shuttle back to MIA, or just cab it to POM from the hotel - your luggage is going to be the problem wherever you go.

Good luck!:)

IN the airport a local Cuban rest' which has several Miami locations ALSO operates

look on the directory for La Carretta ......

were I in your position, that's what I'd do . . .

(is it good? check out the number of LOCALS - pilots, counter folks, bag handlers - in the line ....)

Considering you are lugging luggage with you, I would stay in the airport. There are some nice restaurants. Then head to the port at 10:30. If you want to leave the ship to check out Miami after you have checked in, take a cab to the S. Beach area and walk the streets and have a little lunch at one of the many outdoor restaurants there.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a nice, little restaurant right at the cruise terminal that my wife and I ate at last year before getting in line. It's directly across from the terminal. We dropped off our luggage, then walked over to this place. It was good and inexpensive.

:cool:Bill

I agree, I'd stay in the airport. 8:30 am is not early, it's awesome! By the time you collect your luggage, you will be looking at closer to 9 am, anyway (if you're on time). You can head over to the POM by 10:30, after having a bite to eat in the airport and freshening up there. Hopefully you'll be onboard before noon and enjoying the Windjammer buffet!

Have a fun cruise! Your sig makes it look like you are really looking forward to this one! :D

I agree, I'd stay in the airport. 8:30 am is not early, it's awesome! By the time you collect your luggage, you will be looking at closer to 9 am, anyway (if you're on time). You can head over to the POM by 10:30, after having a bite to eat in the airport and freshening up there. Hopefully you'll be onboard before noon and enjoying the Windjammer buffet!

Have a fun cruise! Your sig makes it look like you are really looking forward to this one! :D

Thanks for the info, however we are thinking its best to wait till we get on the ship cause we get in at 0830 and by the time we get to the port and what not they might be loading although i will check it out cause since we are not checking luggage and we are not going to the liquor store anymore (we decided to stimulate RCCL economy by buying drinks on-board) we might have some time for a bagel.

Thanks for the info, however we are thinking its best to wait till we get on the ship cause we get in at 0830 and by the time we get to the port and what not they might be loading although i will check it out cause since we are not checking luggage and we are not going to the liquor store anymore (we decided to stimulate RCCL economy by buying drinks on-board) we might have some time for a bagel.

No... if you go directly to the port, you will not be able to board. Too early. You'll end up just sitting in the waiting area. boring Stop in the airport and relax, pick up some coffee and a snack. You'll be able to have some buffet probably starting around 11:45. Your room won't be ready then so be prepared to caarry your carry on around with you until your room opens.

Langley is right. Catch your cab to the port not sooner than 10:30.

^ Completely agree with you, eandj.

...we get in at 0830 and by the time we get to the port and what not they might be loading...

No. They will not be loading. Please do not go over so early; it's not necessary and they will not be ready for you. It's less than a 30 minute cab ride from the airport to the Port of Miami. I know you're excited, but you simply can't go that early. :)

There's a nice, little restaurant right at the cruise terminal that my wife and I ate at last year before getting in line. It's directly across from the terminal. We dropped off our luggage, then walked over to this place. It was good and inexpensive.

where the heck was that restraunt?..we did nt see anything :confused:

id just get something to hold you over till you get the buffet:D

No... if you go directly to the port, you will not be able to board. Too early. You'll end up just sitting in the waiting area. boring Stop in the airport and relax, pick up some coffee and a snack. You'll be able to have some buffet probably starting around 11:45. Your room won't be ready then so be prepared to caarry your carry on around with you until your room opens.

Langley is right. Catch your cab to the port not sooner than 10:30.

^ Completely agree with you, eandj.

No. They will not be loading. Please do not go over so early; it's not necessary and they will not be ready for you. It's less than a 30 minute cab ride from the airport to the Port of Miami. I know you're excited, but you simply can't go that early. :)

Uh guys I'm not trying to be ungrateful/arrogant but look at the number of cruises i've taken 5 since Oct 05 this is number 6 and number 7 is in September. I know we cant show up at 0900. We shoot for 1100 normally as to get on the ship and have lunch, as I stated in my post we are going to play it loose and see what happens.

where the heck was that restraunt?..we did nt see anything :confused:

id just get something to hold you over till you get the buffet:D

It looks like a mobile home and sits directly in front of the Carnival terminal that's closest to RCL's terminal! The food is home-cooked and great! We had omelets, with toast, coffee and tea!

And, no....you will NOT be able to board ship that early! Unless you like waiting for hours with hundreds of other passengers, I wouldn't get there until around 10:30 at the earliest.

IN the airport a local Cuban rest' which has several Miami locations ALSO operates

look on the directory for La Carretta ......

were I in your position, that's what I'd do . . .

(is it good? check out the number of LOCALS - pilots, counter folks, bag handlers - in the line ....)

We've been to several La Carretta's is SE FL. Always got a decent meal there. I've noticed the one in MIA, but have always been in a rush. With all the locals/employees there, it can't hurt. After sipping a couple espressos, you may kill enough time to make the port. I like to be at the port between 11:30-12:00. So if you flight gets in at 8:30, you have a good two hours to kill then get your bags and grab a cab.

Have fun/

Just got back from Miami and the trip was great!! The Little Cantina place is a non descript trailer across from Norwegian's berth at the cruise terminal. It has all home cooked style food and an all u can eat Filipino buffett. The food was excellent and the price was acceptable. The really nice part was TSA/ICE officers were eating there also which made me feel more comfortable about the quality of the food and the safety of the area.

After b-fast of pancakes and sausage with home fries we made our way to the RCCL berth. We were maybe 100th in line and were checked-in and sitting in the Schooner bar by 1045 having an adult beverage!!

Archived