Upgrade Fairy Does Exist!!!

Ok so I called and talked to a lady at the normal RCCL Travel number - not C&A. I told her that I'd like to take advantage of the price reduction that is now shown on RCI's website. She said "We'll I don't think you're going to want to do that because you have just been upgraded to a Junior Suite".

I said NO WAY - you just made my day!!!

I guess the Upgrade Fairy is real after all!! WooHoo!!!!

This is for the 4 night Bahamas on the Majesty on 9/7.

Now I'm even more excited; however, my 4 year old daughter is going to be upset since she was looking forward to sleeping in the "top bed" (pullman). She'll enjoy the balcony.

:D:D:D:D:D

Ok so I called and talked to a lady at the normal RCCL Travel number - not C&A. I told her that I'd like to take advantage of the price reduction that is now shown on RCI's website. She said "We'll I don't think you're going to want to do that because you have just been upgraded to a Junior Suite".

Now I'm even more excited; however, my 4 year old daughter is going to be upset since she was looking forward to sleeping in the "top bed" (pullman). She'll enjoy the balcony.

Congrats! Were u going from Inside to JS?

Very nice!!! The JS's on the Majesty are actually pretty sweet (no pun intended) Its a ship that was around when a junior suite was still actually treated, well, as a suite. Enjoy, its a great ship, well maintained and a great crew!!

Congratulations !

A question - were you booked in an actual room, or a guaranteed room level?

Enjoy your trip.

I was booked in Room 6548 which is an OceanView Category F1. The Majesty for this date didn't have any "Balcony/Suite Guaranteed Rooms.

/quote]

Congrats on the upgrade! :o:o:o We too are on that sailing and I contacted the C&A for a reservation issue, I mentioned as D+ members that if upgrades were being considered we would be interested since we have the same cabin B2B and wouldn't mind changing rooms.

Here is the response that I recieved back:

"Unfortunately, only Diamond Plus members who have earned a minimum of 75 completed cruise credits are eligible for upgrades on three and four

night sailings."

So I guess that there really is an upgrade fairy since RCCL does not

upgrade! LOL :D:D:D

"Unfortunately, only Diamond Plus members who have earned a minimum of 75 completed cruise credits are eligible for upgrades on three and four

night sailings."

So I guess that there really is an upgrade fairy since RCCL does not

upgrade! LOL :D:D:D

Interesting. You know what I would do? I would send them a link back to this thread and show them something that "doesn't exist". ;)

Of course, I guess they didn't lie, they didn't upgrade a Diamond Plus when they upgraded Lil Davy (I'm assuming :) )

Interesting. You know what I would do? I would send them a link back to this thread and show them something that "doesn't exist". ;)

Of course, I guess they didn't lie, they didn't upgrade a Diamond Plus when they upgraded Lil Davy (I'm assuming :) )

Well, I don't know someone elses status but I never expect to get something for nothing anyway. I do know as much as I enjoy traveling RCCL, I've been tossing the idea around about trying Princess Cruise Lines. They have just about the identical itinerary to the Mexican Riviera as the Mariner of the Seas. Their Mini Suite is pricing out at $250.00 pp less than Mariners' JS next April. This may just be the push for me to try them instead. :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know someone elses status but I never expect to get something for nothing anyway. I do know as much as I enjoy traveling RCCL, I've been tossing the idea around about trying Princess Cruise Lines. They have just about the identical itinerary to the Mexican Riviera as the Mariner of the Seas. Their Mini Suite is pricing out at $250.00 pp less than Mariners' JS next April. This may just be the push for me to try them instead. :rolleyes:

Good point ;)

Just tonight even I looked at Princess. I got an email for 7 day cruises for $399 (Mex Riviera, Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec dates) :eek:

They have a repo cruise - 8 days - leaving NYC for $449

I have never seen an upgrade either. My upgrade fairy is dead or severly injured. ;)

4 year olds love breakfast on the balcony. We took our DGD on a cruise last year. She wakes up 6:30 every day ready to eat. We ordered room service every day and she love it.

DW also took some bubbles and DGD loved the way they sailed from the balcony.

Those two things will make her forget about the "bunk beds."

Have a great cruise.

Well the Upgrade Fairy struck again. I had my Sister-in-law call to try and take advantage of the original price drop. RCCL said they couldn't honor the price drop but they could upgrade THEM to a Junior Suite. My Sister-in-law has only been on one RCCL cruise before and wasn't even a C&A member. I think we've gotten real lucky.

Well the Upgrade Fairy struck again. I had my Sister-in-law call to try and take advantage of the original price drop. RCCL said they couldn't honor the price drop but they could upgrade THEM to a Junior Suite. My Sister-in-law has only been on one RCCL cruise before and wasn't even a C&A member. I think we've gotten real lucky.

Now you have me wondering, are you truly receiving "upgrades" or has the current price of the JS reached what you paid for your OV?

If the current price of the JS is more than you paid for your OV, then that is AWESOME and congrats to both you and your SIL!!!!! :D

Check the price for "Category W" which is the Suite Guarantee.

Now you have me wondering, are you truly receiving "upgrades" or has the current price of the JS reached what you paid for your OV?

If the current price of the JS is more than you paid for your OV, then that is AWESOME and congrats to both you and your SIL!!!!! :D

Check the price for "Category W" which is the Suite Guarantee.

Yes, these are real upgrades. On this cruise, there are no Suite or Balcony Guarantees. I checked on this before I booked or OV staterooms. I didn't want to pony up the $$$ for the JS. I also checked online, and the JS rate for us 3 was $1800 (tax included) and our OV was only $1150 (tax included). I'd say thats a good upgrade. Same goes for the SIL too.

Yes, these are real upgrades. On this cruise, there are no Suite or Balcony Guarantees. I checked on this before I booked or OV staterooms. I didn't want to pony up the $$$ for the JS. I also checked online, and the JS rate for us 3 was $1800 (tax included) and our OV was only $1150 (tax included). I'd say thats a good upgrade. Same goes for the SIL too.

Yep, you're right, I just checked. There is a Special Residency Rate for the JS for Illinois (I went by your location info). Taken from the RCCL web site....

Special Pricing

Residency Rate

1st or 2nd Guest Stateroom $699.00

Total *$1,398.00 USD

But it is more than the $1,150 that you paid for the OV.

So you received a bonafide upgrade. That is awesome! Congrats! :D:D:D May the upgrade fairy always shine on you. :)

Archived