Do Cabins have Irons?

TerriSea

:confused:I cannot stand the thought of retrieving wrinkled lumps of clothing from my suitcases! Will I be able to press my clothes in the cabin with an iron? If not, how do people deal with this?:confused:

Do the cabins have hair dryers?

Yes, generally two. There is a wall-mounted dryer in the bathroom that is adequate for my balding pate. Then, there is a handheld in most staterooms that you can use at the dressing table/desk.

It used to be that the handheld hair dryer was a perk for concierge (category A) and above, but recently, folks have been reporting a handheld in every cabin. If you do not have one, try speaking to your room steward.

It used to be that the handheld hair dryer was a perk for concierge (category A) and above, but recently, folks have been reporting a handheld in every cabin. If you do not have one, try speaking to your room steward.

Yes, one now in every cabin. Thank goodness, or I actually would have had to spend some time in the miniscule bathroom!

:confused:I cannot stand the thought of retrieving wrinkled lumps of clothing from my suitcases! Will I be able to press my clothes in the cabin with an iron? If not, how do people deal with this?:confused:

I only travel with clothes that don't need ironing. Tilley has wonderful clothes especially made for travel. But even within our daily wardrobe there are many items that are easy care and perfect for cruising.

http://www.tilley.com/home.asp

No irons or woods, the golf bag is empty, we use ours as a dirty clothes hamper....

Love Tilley Silks collection!!

Off to the sale next week to see what I don't need ;)

Lyn

Well said Lyn. :p

I love all their clothes. Endurables really are! I have 3 pairs that are approx. 20 years old and I wear them regularly.

DH will be in Toronto on business the first day of their sale and I thought of tagging along to shop but I think I should stay away from Tilley.:( Last time we stopped in Don Mills on our way to the cottage and I bought one of everything. :D

Well said Lyn. :p

DH will be in Toronto on business the first day of their sale and I thought of tagging along to shop but I think I should stay away from Tilley.:( Last time we stopped in Don Mills on our way to the cottage and I bought one of everything. :D

Yes a dangerous place :D

I have out grown my Zip offs so may get another pair if the price is right

Lyn

Yes a dangerous place :D

I have out grown my Zip offs so may get another pair if the price is right

Lyn

Even though they are guaranteed for life, the Different Drummer fabrics are not as durable as the Endurables. I returned my Nahinni zip-offs after 2 years and they replaced them for free with a larger size. :D I also have the matching zip off coat and love it. Zip off the bottom and it makes a pretty pant suit.

Even though they are guaranteed for life, the Different Drummer fabrics are not as durable as the Endurables.

ours are the heavier Adventure cloth ones no problems so far ;)

DH had to get his hat replaced (his fault) but they gave him a new one free

Lyn

ours are the heavier Adventure cloth ones no problems so far ;)

DH had to get his hat replaced (his fault) but they gave him a new one free

Lyn

DH's hat developed a bit of rust around the grommets after 25 years of washings. Of course they also replaced it. :D

Our Tilley hats have never been eaten by elephants, not even once. :p

For those not familiar with this famous Tilley legend:

The best story in the museum is about an item that is represented only by a photograph - about the elephant keeper whose Tilley hat has been snatched off his head and eaten, three separate times, by an elephant. A day or two later, he rescues the hat from the manure pile, washes it, and puts it back on his head. So far, he has refused to send it back for warranty replacement - he sez it still works fine. We consider this store/museum a must-see when in the Toronto area. Their catalog is a lot of fun, even if you never buy anything.

Archived