booking a cruise on a ship

Probably not better than the Group rate/amenities your TA "may" have.

However , book it ! Get the Onboard offer .If your TA booked you on this cruise ,your TA will get credit for the Onboard Booking . When you return , your TA can see if he/she can get you a better deal while you still get the benefit of the Onboard Booking .

When I was a TA , I was always able to "better the deal" that was booked onboard. It's a win/win/win, for you , the TA and PCL.

Probably not better than the Group rate/amenities your TA "may" have.

However , book it ! Get the Onboard offer .If your TA booked you on this cruise ,your TA will get credit for the Onboard Booking . When you return , your TA can see if he/she can get you a better deal while you still get the benefit of the Onboard Booking .

When I was a TA , I was always able to "better the deal" that was booked onboard. It's a win/win/win, for you , the TA and PCL.

hello MCC so if i understand what you are saying, I am going on the Grand 2/14 and i whant to go on the Emerald 11/28/10 wait to book the Emerald till i get on the grand and see if thay have any special deal.

hello MCC so if i understand what you are saying' date=' I am going on the Grand 2/14 and i whant to go on the Emerald 11/28/10 wait to book the Emerald till i get on the grand and see if thay have any special deal.

Hello,

We’re sailing away….

Are you sailing on the Grand Princess 2/12/2010? If so, come and join our roll call. We have a pretty good size group for being 6-1/2 months away from sailing. Click on link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=820560&page=7

-Gordon

hello MCC so if i understand what you are saying' date=' I am going on the Grand 2/14 and i whant to go on the Emerald 11/28/10 wait to book the Emerald till i get on the grand and see if thay have any special deal.[/quote']

If you have an FCC you can book it now directly with Princess and secure the cabin you want. If the prices go down you will get the reduction. You can monitor your own booking until you want to turn it over to a TA. You have nothing to lose by booking it now.

If you don't have an FCC, I would wait until the Grand cruise.

does princes offer you the best price if you book on a ship { is it better than group fair which your TA might have?

Not even close. In our experience we just buy some future cruise credits only. I have not seen better deals then I can get through my TA.

We have never booked onboard, and seeing the way some future cruise people treat passengers we won't. ;)

Not even close. In our experience we just buy some future cruise credits only. I have not seen better deals then I can get through my TA.

We have never booked onboard, and seeing the way some future cruise people treat passengers we won't. ;)

Hello COLO who do you us gmwg@juno.com thanks

I found a cruise and the cabin I want for a trip in 2011, We will be on the Ruby this march, If I book this cruise, could I rebook on the ship this march to get the OBC and retain my cabin ? it's one of the aft balcony's that is why I am anxious to book now to save that cabin ?

I found a cruise and the cabin I want for a trip in 2011, We will be on the Ruby this march, If I book this cruise, could I rebook on the ship this march to get the OBC and retain my cabin ? it's one of the aft balcony's that is why I am anxious to book now to save that cabin ?

If you book now your deposit will be 20%. While on board yes, you can cancel this cruise and then rebook it using an FCC. Your original deposit will be returned to you unless you tell them to keep it. However, there is a chance that you can lose this cabin and/or the pricing can be different. March is a long way off (as is a 2011 cruise), so the fares can still go up as well as down.

We do what Colo Cruiser does. Y ou put down $100.00 per person which will serve as full deposit on any future cruise for the next 4 years. This gets you a cruise credit amount dependent on how long the cruise is for. You can cancel antime you want if you want your $100.00 back.

To answer we're sailing away :

Go on your Feb 2010 cruise , book your Nov 2010 using Onboard Booking ..

Nov 28 , 2010 sailing falls into that "soft season" between Thanksgiving & the Holidays. Rates should still be very low in Feb, and sometimes even lower closer to sailing.

If your a squimish about waiting , then I would book your Nov. 2010 now .

Then cancel it if the Onboard deal is better (it should be )

Bookings are 100% refundable up until final payment due date. Just beware of any TA that charges a Cancelation Fee when the cruiseline does not charge one.

Archived