Where do you hide your contraband in the room?

YFancyface

I've read that if the wrong steward see's your alcohol it will be confiscated. So just wondering, where do you hide yours?

Oh, and I do know that the best way not to get caught is to not bring any. Plus, it's against the rules! It's not for me... its for my, uhhh... friend.... ;)

Never really think the cabin stewards cared one way or the other...but as a general rule, in my balcony, I put it in the oddly shaped cupboard area on the far side of the fridge. :D

I would also put specialty glassware there, as well, if I wanted to make a drink, like a Cosmopolitan, later using the correct glass. I figure that is one way to ensure I am ordering my share of booze on the ship...gotta get the bar glassware setup! ~LOL~

I've read that if the wrong steward see's your alcohol it will be confiscated.

The only time I have ever heard of this would be if:

• The person drinking alcohol was under age 18
  • The person was drinking and causing a disturbance

That said, we usually keep the smuggled liquor in a drawer, or in the case of the little rumrunners, in the safe. The steward is not going to go rifle through your belongings. They don't have time, for one thing.

We just returned today from the Conquest (great trip...review in progress). Nine bottles of wine accidentally got packed in our luggage. It sat on the counter under our TV. We came in every night and found a big bucket of ice ready for the next bottle.

Do you really think that someone who works for your tips is going to turn you in?

Exactly. However, we no longer TIP the steward ahead of time for keeping our ice bucket filled. DH keeps his good stuff in the night stand, and the bottles of wine under the bed in a suitcase, and we bring it out as needed. Been on many cruises and never had a problem. Tip at the end IMHO.

I've read that if the wrong steward see's your alcohol it will be confiscated. So just wondering, where do you hide yours?

Oh, and I do know that the best way not to get caught is to not bring any. Plus, it's against the rules! It's not for me... its for my, uhhh... friend.... ;)

You have been misinformed.

I generally put it all in the safe and leave my jewelery/cash laying around....lol

Don't worry, no ones gonna turn you in. On a slightly different note on the Triumph in May they did not give out the liquor purchased on board until around 9pm. On cruises in 2008 and in Jan. the liquor was in the cabin around noonish so you could partake. Just a note. Oh and you can buy full bottles thru Bon Voyage prior to going and it will be in your cabin... around $40 a bottle - full quart. A little expensive at first but when you count the drinks out of it versus the drink bought at the bar... much cheaper.

The booze is the first thing that I unpack. It goes right on the counter. By the time I come back to the cabin the little folding ice chest that I also bring is filled with ice. I think the the OP was very much mis-informed.

Never had a problem on Carnival.....but can't say that about NCL

I've read that if the wrong steward sees your alcohol it will be confiscated.

So just wondering, where do you hide yours?

I hide mine in the lowest bottom-est drawer.

He has no idea where that is, or how to open it. HA! :D

I mean...it's not like he works that room 24/7/365 or nuthin.

Archived