British Colonial Hilton Nassau

deecruzer

Has anyone ever purchased a day pass for the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau from bahamasexcursions.com? Is it possible to purchase one from the hotel itself when we arrive? Thanks for the help.

They are available at the front desk. No need to be guessing whether the weather will be great, or other conditions are right. Just head thru the front door to the check in desk.

Read alot about the Hilton. Can anyone tell me how you get there? It will just be my daughter and I and I am not sure if it's safe to venture out on our own. Any help?

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html

I found this link on a different post. It's a walking tour of Nassau from the cruise dock. It has the Hilton located on it. At the bottom it has a link to a walking tour map. I printed it our for our cruise. I also Google mapped it, and you can see a real version of what it looks like. Kind of cool!

I found this link on a different post. It's a walking tour of Nassau from the cruise dock. It has the Hilton located on it. At the bottom it has a link to a walking tour map. I printed it our for our cruise. I also Google mapped it, and you can see a real version of what it looks like. Kind of cool!

I did this walking tour last year...it was easy to follow and an interesting walk. I skipped the Hilton as it didn't think that that I needed to see a Hotel on the walking tour. Thanks for reminding me about this, I think I'll visit the Hilton this time on our visit.

You come out of the fenced-in cruise port, go one block away, and turn right and follow the curves of the road. Hilton comes up on your right. You get a great view of the ships in port from the beach. Though it rained when we were there last time, we sat on the beach of the Hilton under a thatched roof for a bit. Very nice pool and bar area too.

I just spoke to front desk at BCH,they told me passes for children are 5 dollars.Can anyone confirm that they have experienced this?

We were there in June and we paid $10 for my 5 year old nephew. Adults were $40 with lunch vouchers. No lunch vouchers for the kids.

You can't miss the Hilton viewing it from the cruise ship. It is the hotel right next to Senor Frogs (you definitely can't miss its sign). The Hilton is safe to walk to from the cruise ship, although some of the vendors can be a pain.

The hotel just emailed me that it was $20 per adult and half price for kids. (12 and under)

This price includes access to the beach and pool, a lounge chair and a towel.

I emailed them last night and had this in the inbox this morning. Guess maybe it depends on who answers the email:rolleyes:

Good morning Rhonda,

We do offer a day pass at a cost of $40.00 per person. This would allow you access to the beach, pool, use of a lounge chair, food and a beach towel. For children 5 years and under it is half price. If you have any further inquiries please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/nassau/esales

TAKE A TOUR OF OUR HOTEL: http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/nassau/esales

Dwayne Turnquest

Group Sales Manager

British Colonial Hilton

Nassau, Bahamas

Phone:(242) 322.3301

Direct:(242) 302.9032

Fax:(242) -302-9011

So it appears that Adults are $40 with food and $20 dollars without, and kids are just $10 with no food option. Does anyone know how far the walk is from the ship to the hilton? or what the other transportation options are?

Thanks

The hilton is about 4-5 short blocks from the cruiseship. Walk along the wharf, then make a left at Senor Frogs and follow the building around to the front entrance.

You really should have a back up plan if you are visiting within the next few months. With the current dredging of the harbour, it's unlikely the harbour waters will be clean enough to enjoy for several months to come.

Best to take a look from the ship when you get in and determine whether or not the beach is open and people are in the water. It's easy to see from the cruiseship.

Have a back up.. just in case.

Thanks Scubagirl. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question as I am not familiar with the island. Is the Sheraton hotel affectd by the dredging of the harbor? Can you walk there/ how far is it? or else how do you get there?

Thanks again

Thanks Scubagirl. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question as I am not familiar with the island. Is the Sheraton hotel affectd by the dredging of the harbor? Can you walk there/ how far is it? or else how do you get there?

Thanks again

No, the Sheraton should not be affected .. it's located about 5 miles away from the dredging. The dredging is in a protected harbour. We are hoping that it doesn't leech too far from the basin.

You can either take a cab or a jitney to the Sheraton . The #10 jitney from downtown will get you there for $1.25 pp.

The hilton is about 4-5 short blocks from the cruiseship. Walk along the wharf, then make a left at Senor Frogs and follow the building around to the front entrance.

You really should have a back up plan if you are visiting within the next few months. With the current dredging of the harbour, it's unlikely the harbour waters will be clean enough to enjoy for several months to come.

Best to take a look from the ship when you get in and determine whether or not the beach is open and people are in the water. It's easy to see from the cruiseship.

Have a back up.. just in case.

So they have finally started dredging Scubagirrl?

So it appears that Adults are $40 with food and $20 dollars without, and kids are just $10 with no food option. Does anyone know how far the walk is from the ship to the hilton? or what the other transportation options are?

Thanks

Did they put both options on your email? They only put the $40 option on mine.

So they have finally started dredging Scubagirrl?

Yes, I haven't checked it out myself, but we've already heard that there's been an environmental "accident" off Arawak Cay and the back fill has poured into the Sanders Beach area, which is located just at the beginning of Cable Beach.

So far, the Resorts have not been affected.

Hilton and the surrounding beaches are not usable at the moment.

Archived