Help With Alcohol Question... How to Keep expense down??

Would it be cheaper to just buy like 2 bottles of wine through the RC website? Will these bottles be stored in my room? Also, how can I walk around drink the wine I purchased in my room without being stopped by anyone?

Im just trying to figure out how to keep the prices down after I just saw that the drink of the day costs 6.95 wowwwww for one drink:eek:

Please help!

You can take the wine to your room---but 2 bottles is only 8 glasses!

A beer runs about $3 or so. A regular cocktail is in the $5.50 range, and it packs a punch! Much stronger the the drink of the day.

Actually, the bar prices are about what they are in any bar on land!

You can pre-order bottles of wine through Gifts & Gear at the Royal Caribbean website. Order as many as you want - there is no limit (as far as I know!). The cost savings here is two-fold, you pay much less than you would for a glass in a bar, and you also do not pay the gratuity (that's 15% right there!).

I usually will order 2 or 3 bottles and have them delivered throughout the cruise. You'll get a corkscrew and glasses with the bottle(s), and you can carry glasses around the ship. :)

Would it be cheaper to just buy like 2 bottles of wine through the RC website? Will these bottles be stored in my room? Also, how can I walk around drink the wine I purchased in my room without being stopped by anyone?

Im just trying to figure out how to keep the prices down after I just saw that the drink of the day costs 6.95 wowwwww for one drink:eek:

Please help!

WOW. Where do you live that your reaction to $6.95 for a drink is

"wowwwww for one drink:eek:"!?!??!??!?!?!?

That is NOT expensive.

But if you find that expensive, the only real answer to your question is "DON'T DRINK."

You can pre-order bottles of wine through Gifts & Gear at the Royal Caribbean website. Order as many as you want - there is no limit (as far as I know!). The cost savings here is two-fold, you pay much less than you would for a glass in a bar, and you also do not pay the gratuity (that's 15% right there!).

I usually will order 2 or 3 bottles and have them delivered throughout the cruise. You'll get a corkscrew and glasses with the bottle(s), and you can carry glasses around the ship. :)

Thats great!!!

Thank you everyone for all of your responses!:)

So just one more question before I order a couple of bottles.... who do I tell that I want a bottle delivered to my room? Front desk or something?

Sorry- this is my 1st time going on a cruise lol

Please help!

The only way to keep the prices down would be to drink less alcohol. The juice, tea, and coffee is free.

Thats great!!!

Thank you everyone for all of your responses!:)

So just one more question before I order a couple of bottles.... who do I tell that I want a bottle delivered to my room? Front desk or something?

Sorry- this is my 1st time going on a cruise lol

When you fill in the order form online, you will have the opportunity to check either "deliver to my cabin" or "deliver to the dining room."

Check "deliver to my cabin". :)

WOW. Where do you live that your reaction to $6.95 for a drink is

"wowwwww for one drink:eek:"!?!??!??!?!?!?

That is NOT expensive.

But if you find that expensive, the only real answer to your question is "DON'T DRINK."

Ewwww you dont have to be so rude! I live in NY and normally drinks are around $4.50- $5.00 b/c I normally get wine. My question was asking how to bring the price down... I wasn't asking for rude remarks.

When you fill in the order form online, you will have the opportunity to check either "deliver to my cabin" or "deliver to the dining room."

Check "deliver to my cabin". :)

Oh okay thank you! Sorry, I thought you were being one of those people on here who jump on others for their questions.

That's great to know, I really appreciate your help!! :)

In our experience the wine list has more options if you wait until you are on board to purchase a package.

Domestic beer is actually around $4 - $6 per bottle/can.

###

Yep...Michelob Ultra is about $5.25 each in an aluminum bottle. :)

Oh okay thank you! Sorry, I thought you were being one of those people on here who jump on others for their questions.

That's great to know, I really appreciate your help!! :)

I wasn't being rude, but I was being astonished.

You live in the NYC region, and find that expensive? I would think that a glass of wine in your area would run $7 - $9.

But if you stick to bottles of cheap wine, your alcohol dollar will go the farthest, alcohol-wise.

As for carrying it around, just fill your glass in your cabin, and carry that with you.

I wasn't being rude, but I was being astonished.

You live in the NYC region, and find that expensive? I would think that a glass of wine in your area would run $7 - $9.

But if you stick to bottles of cheap wine, your alcohol dollar will go the farthest, alcohol-wise.

As for carrying it around, just fill your glass in your cabin, and carry that with you.

Yea I realized you didnt mean it like that after, sorry about that :)

I live on Long Island so it's much cheaper than the city... forget it- in NYC its crazyyyyy expensive which is why I choose not to go party there lol

Yayyyy thats so great that they provide you with glasses so that you can walk around with your wine! I didnt want to be sneaking around lol;)

Yea I realized you didnt mean it like that after, sorry about that :)

I live on Long Island so it's much cheaper than the city... forget it- in NYC its crazyyyyy expensive which is why I choose not to go party there lol

Yayyyy thats so great that they provide you with glasses so that you can walk around with your wine! I didnt want to be sneaking around lol;)

Long Island has some of the highest prices around, not as high as the city but still very high. A decent wine by the glass is 7-8$. And much higher for a really nice wine.

Long Island has some of the highest prices around, not as high as the city but still very high. A decent wine by the glass is 7-8$. And much higher for a really nice wine.

It depends on where you go. Bars around me aren't that expensive, but if you go to the bars by the Hamptons you better believe you are going to pay a pretty penny lol!! I dont drink that high end stuff... for $8 I'd rather get a shot of something and just get tipsy quickly ;)

You should come to Wisconsin. It's very cheap here!!! :)

That would def. be nice :)

Do you guys want to know what I used to drink in college?? BOXED WINe!!!! LOL!!! Then, I would fill them up in a water bottle, put it in my purse when we went to the bars.... THEN I would order only 1 drink and just keep refilling my own glass with my "water bottle" that had wine in it;)

It depends on where you go. Bars around me aren't that expensive, but if you go to the bars by the Hamptons you better believe you are going to pay a pretty penny lol!! I dont drink that high end stuff... for $8 I'd rather get a shot of something and just get tipsy quickly ;)

Nope, no where near the Hamptons, the price I quoted were from nice mid range local places,not in any tourist areas.

Archived