CC observation

I am one who dislikes Royal Caribbean's breakfasts. Yes, there is a lot of choice, but they are all rather plain and unimaginative. My wife and I love going out for breakfast or brunch on weekends (on land) and there are so many places near us that have very creative, innovative menu options. I would love to see Royal put a specialty restaurant on some of their ships that features gourmet breakfasts/brunches. I am definitely willing to shell out some extra cash for 2-3 nice breakfasts during my cruise. Also, the poor quality coffee in the main dining room and Windjammer also detracts from the overall breakfast experience and ambiance.

Celebrity's breakfast buffet was much better in terms of having some more creative options aside from the typical fare. They have a dim sum area with selections such as steamed pork buns and dumplings. They have breakfast pizzas and breakfast quesadillas. They have made on the spot waffles that have much more flavor than the waffles on Royal. They also have specials each day such as banana bread french toast or what not, that are often quite good and definitely spice things up. The coffee sadly was even worse though on Celebrity. :mad:

Right On,Gonzo

:cj

I find the breakfast selections at the buffet to be fine. If you want more selection, go to the MDR. The coffee is terrible, on all of the ships, unless you pay extra at Seattle's Best (?) or have access to the cappucino machine in the CL.

The problem with the dining room at breakfast is it takes so long. I've never been able to get breakfast in under 45 minutes, even if I tell them I'm in a hurry. I like to get off the ship early either on my own or with an excursion so the dining room isn't an option except for sea days. If I eat in WJ, I can grab some fruit and be done in 20 minutes or less.

I agree and I find that after one pass through with the toast and pastries, the assistant waiters seem to disappear and one could wait forever to get seconds. The last time that I tried the "civilized" dining room for breakfast, I ordered oatmeal and indicated to the waiter that I would subsequently queuing up to get a waffle from the waffle station that had been set up in the MDR. After waiting nearly twenty minutes for my hot cereal to arrive I finally gave up and went and ordered my waffle. Only as I was returning to my table with the waffle, did the oatmeal finally make an appearance. Not my idea of the type of service I have been told to expect and certainly quite inferior to the service we receive in the main dining room in the evening. In the Windjammer I get a wider variety of breakfast items and I can eat at whatever pace suits my wishes - quickly or leisurely, and the wait staff are very prompt at providing refills on my morning juice and coffee.:)

I did enjoy the waffle station on Celebrity and some of the items offered but I also found the cafeteria line setup that they use far more irritating and less efficient than the food stations that are featured in RCI's Windjammer. Celebrity's buffet restaurant set up was, IMHO, only slightly better than that offered by Princess.

Maybe we could just let them sign Panera Bread for the special breakfast restaurant onboard and let's get rid of Johnny Rockets! ;)

OK yall you got me to thinking about what other selections we would like to have for breakfast and here is some of our favorites from the Panera Bread site: :D

Baked Egg Soufflés

Available mornings only, while they last!

Turkey Sausage & Potato Turkey sausage, potatoes, chopped bell peppers, aged cheddar & Neufchatel cheeses, garnished with roasted red pepper strips. Spinach & Artichoke Spinach, Romano cheese, red peppers and artichoke hearts, lightly flavored with a hint of garlic & a dash of Tabasco®. Four Cheese Made with white cheddar, Romano, Parmesan and Neufchatel cheeses. Spinach & Bacon Spinach, cheddar cheese and bacon, enlivened with a dash of Tabasco®, a hint of garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice. Scones

Cinnamon Chip Made with flour, butter & brown sugar, studded with cinnamon chips, topped with cinnamon & sugar. Orange Made with flour, butter, brown sugar & orange peel, topped with orange icing. Wild Blueberry Overfilled with plump wild blueberries and cream. Specialty Pastries

Bear Claw Made with an almond filling, drizzled with icing & sliced almonds. Pastry Ring A fluted ring, baked with one fruit filling & our special-recipe cheese filling. French Croissant Our special croissant dough, baked in the traditional crescent shape. Sweet Rolls

Pecan Roll Our sweet dough with cinnamon-sugar filling, topped with caramel & pecans. Cobblestone Our Cinnamon Raisin bread dough mixed with chunks of apples and spices, topped with streusel and white icing. Let's not forget the bagels

Signature Bagels

Cinnamon Swirl & Raisin NEW! Our sourdough bagel sweetened with cinnamon chips, brown sugar & raisins swirled throughout. Asiago Cheese Chunks of Asiago cheese baked right in, with even more Asiago on top. Cinnamon Crunch Cinnamon and vanilla chips flavor the dough, topped with a sweet, crunchy shell of cinnamon & sugar. Dutch Apple & Raisin Chunks of apples, cinnamon, molasses & raisins baked inside, topped with sweet streusel. Blueberry Made with a mix of wild & cultured blueberries. Chocolate Chip Flavored with semisweet chocolate chips. French Toast Made with sweet maple-flavored & cinnamon chips.Freshly Baked Bagels

Everything Topped with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, toasted onion & kosher salt. Sesame Topped with nutty sesame seeds. Plain Lightly flavored with brown sugar and molasses. Whole Grain Made from whole spelt flour, millet, flaxseed & other wheat flours, sweetened with honey & topped with rolled oats.Flavorful Spreads

Cream Cheese Plain • Reduced-Fat Plain

Flavored Reduced Fat Cream Cheese:

Hazelnut • Honey Walnut • Raspberry

Sun-Dried Tomato • Veggie

Remember you did bring up the subject and now lets hope RCI is reading this post........well I may just drop them a hint!

OK, so I stand corrected, there is a multitude of other things that can be offered. My stomach is growling, I'll be back in a little while.

I am one who dislikes Royal Caribbean's breakfasts. Yes, there is a lot of choice, but they are all rather plain and unimaginative. My wife and I love going out for breakfast or brunch on weekends (on land) and there are so many places near us that have very creative, innovative menu options. I would love to see Royal put a specialty restaurant on some of their ships that features gourmet breakfasts/brunches. I am definitely willing to shell out some extra cash for 2-3 nice breakfasts during my cruise. Also, the poor quality coffee in the main dining room and Windjammer also detracts from the overall breakfast experience and ambiance.

Celebrity's breakfast buffet was much better in terms of having some more creative options aside from the typical fare. They have a dim sum area with selections such as steamed pork buns and dumplings. They have breakfast pizzas and breakfast quesadillas. They have made on the spot waffles that have much more flavor than the waffles on Royal. They also have specials each day such as banana bread french toast or what not, that are often quite good and definitely spice things up. The coffee sadly was even worse though on Celebrity. :mad:

Surely these are more lunch items than breakfast?? I agree the coffee is bad.

OK, so I stand corrected, there is a multitude of other things that can be offered. My stomach is growling, I'll be back in a little while.

Yep, I thought you might see it a little differently if i just drew word pictures.........sorry I didn't have any actual pictures to go along with the description..........

Like I said, it would be soooooo much easier if they would just let Panera's give them a few alternate breakfast food ideas.........or just maybe Mr. Fain or Mr. Goldstein or one of their staff might just read this post and get an "light bulb turning on" moment......:p

I'm really not fussy about breakfast but once you've had Panera's for a nice quick breakfast everything else goes "grey"............:eek:

Have a nice day......;)

Maybe we could just let them sign Panera Bread for the special breakfast restaurant onboard and let's get rid of Johnny Rockets! ;)

OK yall you got me to thinking about what other selections we would like to have for breakfast and here is some of our favorites from the Panera Bread site: :D

Baked Egg Soufflés

Available mornings only, while they last!

Turkey Sausage & Potato Turkey sausage, potatoes, chopped bell peppers, aged cheddar & Neufchatel cheeses, garnished with roasted red pepper strips. Spinach & Artichoke Spinach, Romano cheese, red peppers and artichoke hearts, lightly flavored with a hint of garlic & a dash of Tabasco®. Four Cheese Made with white cheddar, Romano, Parmesan and Neufchatel cheeses. Spinach & Bacon Spinach, cheddar cheese and bacon, enlivened with a dash of Tabasco®, a hint of garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice. Scones

Cinnamon Chip Made with flour, butter & brown sugar, studded with cinnamon chips, topped with cinnamon & sugar. Orange Made with flour, butter, brown sugar & orange peel, topped with orange icing. Wild Blueberry Overfilled with plump wild blueberries and cream. Specialty Pastries

Bear Claw Made with an almond filling, drizzled with icing & sliced almonds. Pastry Ring A fluted ring, baked with one fruit filling & our special-recipe cheese filling. French Croissant Our special croissant dough, baked in the traditional crescent shape. Sweet Rolls

Pecan Roll Our sweet dough with cinnamon-sugar filling, topped with caramel & pecans. Cobblestone Our Cinnamon Raisin bread dough mixed with chunks of apples and spices, topped with streusel and white icing. Let's not forget the bagels

Signature Bagels

Cinnamon Swirl & Raisin NEW! Our sourdough bagel sweetened with cinnamon chips, brown sugar & raisins swirled throughout. Asiago Cheese Chunks of Asiago cheese baked right in, with even more Asiago on top. Cinnamon Crunch Cinnamon and vanilla chips flavor the dough, topped with a sweet, crunchy shell of cinnamon & sugar. Dutch Apple & Raisin Chunks of apples, cinnamon, molasses & raisins baked inside, topped with sweet streusel. Blueberry Made with a mix of wild & cultured blueberries. Chocolate Chip Flavored with semisweet chocolate chips. French Toast Made with sweet maple-flavored & cinnamon chips.Freshly Baked Bagels

Everything Topped with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, toasted onion & kosher salt. Sesame Topped with nutty sesame seeds. Plain Lightly flavored with brown sugar and molasses. Whole Grain Made from whole spelt flour, millet, flaxseed & other wheat flours, sweetened with honey & topped with rolled oats.Flavorful Spreads

Cream Cheese Plain • Reduced-Fat Plain

Flavored Reduced Fat Cream Cheese:

Hazelnut • Honey Walnut • Raspberry

Sun-Dried Tomato • Veggie

Remember you did bring up the subject and now lets hope RCI is reading this post........well I may just drop them a hint!

Sorry that lot does nothing for me, too many sweet sickly things for a breakfast. They sound more like deserts!

Call me a weirdo, but breakfast is my favorite meal on a ship! It is so much more varied and interesting than I get at home. I love the fresh fruit and fresh corned beef hash. Many RCI ships also have beans for breakfast. I love that, but I surely will not open a can of beans at home as part of breakfast.

That said, I agree with the poster above who said they would rather have a Paneras than a Johnny Rockets. Count me in. I would enthusiastically support that.

Yes, they have the same offerings every day, but you can have a difference choice each day. At least that's what I do. At home I'm more likely to eat the same banana, cereal and coffee every day.

I am in full agreement with the above.

On the otherhand, these boards give those who are always upset over what people are wearing in the MDR something else to complain about!;)

Sorry that lot does nothing for me, too many sweet sickly things for a breakfast. They sound more like deserts!

Well I did put the Baked Egg Soufflés frist since we do eat them first and then go with one of the tasty/pastry's.....we usually split one of the bear claws or cinnamon rolls or the wonderful Cinnamon Crunch Bagels :)........I didn't say YOU had to eat them - I said they would be nice to have a selection.......:D

Panera's I hear ya calling my name.....

Archived