Frustrations with RC - Majesty of the Seas Saling

Ohhhh...I am just coming here to voice my frustrations and see if anyone else ever ran into this with Royal Caribbean.

I am sailing on the Majesty of the Seas on September 7 and have currently booked an OV room on Deck 6. I noticed today they were having a WOW sale and now a Superior OV room on deck 9 is $40 cheaper than what I paid (the price isn't a factor but having a nicer room is). I called the C&A number and talked with a representative. She stated that since it was a previous booking that the special running today was only for new bookings. I explained to her that I am fully aware of the sale etc.; however, it didn't seem fair that for a lower price I could be getting a nicer room and that at this point I didn't care about the price difference but if I could receive the superior ocean view room for the price I paid for just an OV. She said "NO, because it is not a new booking."

I then hung up and called the reservation number and she said "sure no problem but to call my travel agent to get it fixed." I called my TA and she called royal caribbean who informed them that there is nothing they could do and that in my "online record file" it shows I was informed that I had been told this deal would not work with previous bookings.

I am not upset about the price difference at this point because it is only $40; however,more upset that a nicer room is being offered for a cheaper price and they will not honor this.

Ohh....I may just be trying to find something to complain about...but was wondering if anyone else ran into this and was able to get it resolved or not get it resolved. Thanks a bunch!!

Ohhhh...I am just coming here to voice my frustrations and see if anyone else ever ran into this with Royal Caribbean.

I am sailing on the Majesty of the Seas on September 7 and have currently booked an OV room on Deck 6. I noticed today they were having a WOW sale and now a Superior OV room on deck 9 is $40 cheaper than what I paid (the price isn't a factor but having a nicer room is). I called the C&A number and talked with a representative. She stated that since it was a previous booking that the special running today was only for new bookings. I explained to her that I am fully aware of the sale etc.; however, it didn't seem fair that for a lower price I could be getting a nicer room and that at this point I didn't care about the price difference but if I could receive the superior ocean view room for the price I paid for just an OV. She said "NO, because it is not a new booking."

I then hung up and called the reservation number and she said "sure no problem but to call my travel agent to get it fixed." I called my TA and she called royal caribbean who informed them that there is nothing they could do and that in my "online record file" it shows I was informed that I had been told this deal would not work with previous bookings.

I am not upset about the price difference at this point because it is only $40; however,more upset that a nicer room is being offered for a cheaper price and they will not honor this.

Ohh....I may just be trying to find something to complain about...but was wondering if anyone else ran into this and was able to get it resolved or not get it resolved. Thanks a bunch!!

Yes. Today is Tuesday, which means that "Tuesday WOW Sales" are going on. Happened to me about a month ago when RCL was offering a balcony for the price of an OV, but they refused to budge on the price since it was a Tuesday promo.

Don't get flustered by it. Odds are that the price will continue to fall without any specials being attached to it. Have you checked to see if you qualify for a residency discount??

Yep this happens every Tuesday as the sales events like this are for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY. Don't get frustrated, just keep checking . If they haven't sold what they hoped to today then it they will drop the price or offer senior (do you qualify) resident, military or police so when you are checking the prices make sure you check everything that applies.

I do not qualify for the Senior Discount and I do know that there is a Resident Sale Price for the Balcony; and I know they gave it to someone from the same state as I and from the same sailing. I will just keep calling but I'm scared because of my "file." Stating that I was informed it was for "new bookings only!" Oh my.....

I do not qualify for the Senior Discount and I do know that there is a Resident Sale Price for the Balcony; and I know they gave it to someone from the same state as I and from the same sailing. I will just keep calling but I'm scared because of my "file." Stating that I was informed it was for "new bookings only!" Oh my.....

do you have the balcony that has the residency discount? it has to same exact category. If yes, call and tell them there is residency discount, those are not for new bookings only and they should apply it, don't be afraid.

I currently have the Standard Ocean View Deck 6 - Full Picture Window

Price drop is on both the Superior Ocean View Room - Deck 9 and residency rate for the Junior Suite.

I would love the Junior Suite but cannot afford it even with the price drop; however, the Superior Ocean View is now cheaper than what I paid for just my Standard Ocean View.

I am 25 and boyfriend is 31 and we are residents of IL.

All advice is welcome and MUCH appreciated!!

Keep checking then, you aren't currently eligible for anything they are offering. And stay on top of your TA, I am one and have never been told the bookings was noted with anything denying a promotion or such.

Are the price drops I hear about for a sr rate/residency/military or do they sometimes actually drop the price of the cruises? Our room rate dropped, but I was told that the "standard rate" they are showing on the web site is for new bookings only. Today, they have an additional lower rate showing along with the "standard rate" as a special sale which is also for new bookings only. They don't actually show the "standard rate" on any of their sites. They are all denoted by an * which states new bookings only. So how do you actually know if the price drops after you've booked the cruise? I still can't figure this one out. :confused::confused::confused: Help...

Hey!! I don't know about the standard rate but I booked thru a TA site and got a great deal. However, today I found an even better "wow" sale rate for an even better room. They claim it is for new bookings only; however, I see people on here getting reimbursed or upgrades due to the price drop. I don't see anything on the website about standard rates, but what they are currently on sale for. Hope that helps. Still if anyone knows anything about the price drop and helping me get the price difference or an upgrade to the Superior Ocean View(which is cheaper than what I booked) or JS let me know.

Thanks,

Still frustrated with RCI

Hey!! I don't know about the standard rate but I booked thru a TA site and got a great deal. However, today I found an even better "wow" sale rate for an even better room. They claim it is for new bookings only; however, I see people on here getting reimbursed or upgrades due to the price drop. I don't see anything on the website about standard rates, but what they are currently on sale for. Hope that helps. Still if anyone knows anything about the price drop and helping me get the price difference or an upgrade to the Superior Ocean View(which is cheaper than what I booked) or JS let me know.

Thanks,

Look, you admit that you see that this price is "for new bookings only."

You know that you had previously booked.

You don't qualify.

It's not your TA's fault.

It's not Royal Caribbean's fault.

It's just the way it is.

I assume that you were happy with the price that you paid when you booked the cruise.

You say that you were happy with the price that your TA gave you.

Be happy now, go on your cruise and enjoy yourself, and

LET IT GO.

Every Tuesday RCL has their what is basically a one day sale. You cannot make changes to an existing reservation based on price reductions on Tuedays. However, if there are other specials such as senior rates, residency rates, military rates etc that you would qualify for you can call your TA about them.

I would suggest (as others have) that you check again tomorrow or the day after and see if the rates are still in place. At that time you should qualify for the reduced rate. As the moment you do not qualify for the one day, Tuesday special.

Five people can be in the same category on the same sailing and all be paying different rates. That's just the way of it...........

Thanks,

Perhaps. However, on every single Tuesday you will see a post just like yours....

###

Unfortunately the WOW sales are for new bookings only. It does not seem fair but it is what they do. Sorry.:( I try really hard not to look during the sales that we can not get the discounts for.

I think I read on CC that after final payment if you want to pay for an upgrade that you can. What if we book a cabin for $300 and there is a price drop on a better cabin for $350...would we be able to pay MORE and get the better cabin if it is only for new bookings? If not, how can you find the price that is not just for new bookings?

I think I read on CC that after final payment if you want to pay for an upgrade that you can. What if we book a cabin for $300 and there is a price drop on a better cabin for $350...would we be able to pay MORE and get the better cabin if it is only for new bookings? If not, how can you find the price that is not just for new bookings?

Do not consider any sales on a Tuesday. If you see the price difference on any other day of the week give either your TA or RCL a call and see if you qualify.

Even if you have paid in full you can change your cabin or category. RCL is very good at posting money back to your CC after final payment.

Do not consider any sales on a Tuesday. If you see the price difference on any other day of the week give either your TA or RCL a call and see if you qualify.

Even if you have paid in full you can change your cabin or category. RCL is very good at posting money back to your CC after final payment.

This isn't 100% true. They can extend their Tuesday Sales Event into Wednesday and Thursday or however long they want. Once Tuesday is over, they call it their Happy Hour Sales Event. I know because this is what happened last week. Even though the Sales Price was still in effect after Tuesday - it was still only for new bookings only.

Frenchie - call back and tell them you want to take advantage of the residency rate. This they should give you - unless you have already gotten this.

This isn't 100% true. They can extend their Tuesday Sales Event into Wednesday and Thursday or however long they want. Once Tuesday is over, they call it their Happy Hour Sales Event. I know because this is what happened last week. Even though the Sales Price was still in effect after Tuesday - it was still only for new bookings only.

Frenchie - call back and tell them you want to take advantage of the residency rate. This they should give you - unless you have already gotten this.

Frenchie said she didn't have the correct category that the residency discount was on, so she is not eligible.

For the last two weeks, there has been a Reidency Rate for her Category. I know because I booked my initial cabin on the same deck as Frenchie (yes on the same cruise) with the Residency Rate - then I got upgraded to a J/S!

Yes, you are correct to an extent. If you call again and again (as you did) things tend to happen (as it did for you.) ;)

Yes, you are correct to an extent. If you call again and again (as you did) things tend to happen (as it did for you.) ;)

Yes, but the Upgrade didn't happen because of a call to the reservation hotline. RCI did this on their own without my knowledge. I just found out when I called to take advantage (at least try to) of their Sales prices.

PrincesScuba -

I only came here to vent my frustrations and see if anyone else had felt this way or had advice. I believe your comments are rude and uncalled for. I get "it" and yes I am "fully aware" of the the promotions. However, I do not think one shouold be criticized on these boards for venting and asking others for advice. You gave your advice once and the second time you did it was just plain rude.

PrincesScuba -

I only came here to vent my frustrations and see if anyone else had felt this way or had advice. I believe your comments are rude and uncalled for. I get "it" and yes I am "fully aware" of the the promotions. However, I do not think one shouold be criticized on these boards for venting and asking others for advice. You gave your advice once and the second time you did it was just plain rude.

While PrincesScuba might have sounded a bit abrupt, after a half dozen people told you it was a sale price FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY and you kept insisting that somehow you were wronged by (RCI, your TA, whomever), well, it became a bit hard to take. Sometimes ya gotta put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

While PrincesScuba might have sounded a bit abrupt, after a half dozen people told you it was a sale price FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY and you kept insisting that somehow you were wronged by (RCI, your TA, whomever), well, it became a bit hard to take. Sometimes ya gotta put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked our cruise with this Wow event and got on Deck 8 with adjoining rooms (both OV) for $80 more than one OV and an Inside on a lower deck. It's my understanding that decks 7,8,9 are obstructed views. Isn't the OV you have better? Just curious...

Ang

Archived