Ecstasy - do the rooms have enough outlets, or do I NEED a power strip?

scrapulous

There is one outlet. We plug in a electric alarm clock, so that leaves one open place left to plug things into like he hair dryer or whatever.

If you cant manage with the one outlet, which is by the desk area, then yes, you can bring a power strip.

I always bring a power strip. Hair dryer, curling iron, phone/camera chargers, walkie talkies, iphone/ipod charger :) It doesn't take up much room in the suitcase, I would advise you take one.

I want to pack light, but I will have a few things to plug in daily, like my cell charger, camera battery charger, dh's laptop to download my photos.

Thanks!

I carried one of those small adapters that turns one outlet into three. It was plenty. Everything doesn't have to charge ALL the time. We had with us a blowdryer, curling iron, two cell phones, 2 MP3 players, two electronic books and a small DVD player. Always had plenty of juice.

A short extension cord with 3 outlets on the end is also a possibility.

And weighs next to nothing. One of those 6 outlet power strips can weigh a lot.

We get our 3-outlet cords at Target for about a dollar.

Or you can get this:

STD1_BZ103050-TVL.jpg

I have this Belkin travel surge protector, it works great. I have seen it at Best Buy and at Target.

I just leave mine in my suitcase now. I've used it in hotels too. Mine has a little nightlite on top so comes in handy for the bathroom outlet. I bought mine at The Dollar Tree or 99 cents store. Also sometimes on the older ships the outlet is kind of set in, between the edge of the counter and the mirror so the bigger adapter plugs on the "toys" don't fit to well.:)

We used a power strip on the Holiday when I had to plug in my own hair dryer; however, last week on the Legend we forgot to pack our power strip and bought one on the way down and I ended up never even using it. Since I didn't have to plug in a hair dryer as it was in the drawer and already had power, the one outlet was enough. I never needed to use my flat iron, the camera charger or the iPhone charger all at once.

Next time I am probably leaving my power strip, Post-Its and highlighters (packed those twice and haven't used either item either time) behind. :)

• 1 month later...
The Belkin charger with USB connections is great for charging MP3 players and other electronic devices.

I have a question about the Belkin charger with USB connections.

I have this mini portable speaker that will run 5 hours and then needs to be charged for 2 hours via a USB port.

So will this Belkin work for charging this speaker? How long is the cord (if there is one). I saw something at the Wal-Mart website that cost $14.88 but no cord but I could live with that.

Any other suggestions as how to get this mini speaker charged via a USB connection?

Archived