Full payment & fuel charge

Orator

....according to the new contracts NO you are not protected and legally they can add them right up to the cruise itself BUT right now it doesn't look as thought the lines are planing on implementing further charges at THIS time.

So budget for them just in case and if you don't have to pay them then you can spend them on drinks.......

When is your trip? If I remember correctly it was the price of light sweet crude on the day of option for the quarter ending just before the quarter of your trip. So if you were scheduled to leave in February it would be based on the price of December option day. I have been told that while it is above the price they don't at this time intend to invoke it. If they do I don't think it will matter if you are paid in advance or not.

We are taking BtB Alaska cruises in September.On our 9/4 trip no fuel surcharge and our 9/11 after full payment has a fuel surcharge of $140.00 added to our final bill.

Interesting. The last announcement made by Celebrity concerning fuel charge was on June 11th. It simply said that they have the right to reinstate charge at no more than $10.00 per first two passengers if Texas crude goes to $65.00. Did I miss a more recent announcement or is one about to come?

Archived