Formal wear rental

O2B@Cagain

Does anyone have any comments on renting men's formal wear through the Princess vendor? Do they deliver it to your cabin or do they have a "shop" on board? What if there are fit issues? "Yeah, a 32" waist! I've worn the same size slacks since high school!" :rolleyes:

Also, is there a way to find out when the formal nights are ahead of time?

Does anyone have any comments on renting men's formal wear through the Princess vendor? Do they deliver it to your cabin or do they have a "shop" on board? What if there are fit issues? "Yeah, a 32" waist! I've worn the same size slacks since high school!" :rolleyes:

Also, is there a way to find out when the formal nights are ahead of time?

It is an excellent service and delivered to your cabin.

I have been curious about this as well. We were thinking of using it for our upcoming Christmas cruise. My DH and DS are quite tall (6'7" and 6'5" respectively). Does anyone have experience with renting in tall sizes? I worry that the fit would be right and about the ability to get adjustments once onboard.

Cruiseline Formalwear is the company Princess uses for tuxedo rentals. I have used them twice and have had nothing but good experiences. Check out their web site here.

Be sure to try on your tux soon after you receive it in case a garment needs to be switched out or adjusted. See your cabin steward for any adjustments.

Lew

Why rent when you can buy your own.

Pennys sells a tux of pretty good quality for $129, that is frequently on sale for $99. The shirt/tie/studs/cumerbund set is $30. You can also go to a tux rental shop, where they frequently have used pieces for sale at a reduced price. Also, check out the Goodwill and Salvation Army racks.

Why rent when you can buy your own.

Pennys sells a tux of pretty good quality for $129, that is frequently on sale for $99. The shirt/tie/studs/cumerbund set is $30. You can also go to a tux rental shop, where they frequently have used pieces for sale at a reduced price. Also, check out the Goodwill and Salvation Army racks.

I can't help but laugh. Every time this question is posed, you and I always post the same opposite opinion.

I completely respect your opinion and agree 100% that, if cost is the primary factor, buying a tux and bringing it with you is the way to go.

However, for us, convenience and saving space in luggage is more important. Therefore, we love taking advantage of the rental option.

To the OP, we've rented from Cruiseline Formalwear on all 10 of our Princess cruises and have been quite satisfied each time.

You can either measure yourself or go to a local formalwear store and have them measure you, usually for free (in which case I'll usually tip a few bucks).

You can order online or over the phone (we've done both and found both equally effective.)

As mentioned above, the tux will show up in your room before the first formal night (usually by the end of embarkation day), and after the last formal night your room steward will take it away.

Also as mentioned above, it is highly recommended to try your tux on as soon as possible after it arrives. If there are any problems, your room steward can arrange for alterations or replacement pieces of the outfit. In 10 rentals, only twice have we had problems (very minor each time), and in each instance the issue was resolved within 30 minutes.

It's a convenient and relatively inexpensive way to deal with formal night, and I highly recommend it.

As for finding out when formal night will be on your particular cruise, I recommend going to the roll call section of the board for your ship and itinerary. There will be people there who have traveled your itinerary on your ship who will be able to answer that question for you.

Hope that helped, and have a great cruise! :D

Of course, add in the cost of an additional bag that I get to drop by renting too! And one less bag to get lost and have to carry as well. Its also nice that the tux is freshly pressed so not having to worry about wrinkles is part of the convenience.

I have used cruiseline formalwear on 3 cruises and its worked out very well. As has been said, its in your room when you arrive, so that's one of the first things I do upon embarkation. One time I did have a sizing issue and they were able to correct it that day.

I find the formal nights on 7 night cruises are generally the 2nd night of the cruise and the 2nd to last night of the cruise. But they also like to do it on sea days so people can max out their time up in the spa getting dolled up for the night so that is subject to change.

My husband rented a tux for our upcoming Alaska cruise and while I got an instant confirmation of the receipt of our order, it stated we'd get something else via email as well. My card has been charged, but no additional word. Is this typical? Should I pester them? Better to call or email?

Thanks.

Ann

Archived