Solarium on the Mariner

Hi all,

I keep reading about the heavenly Solarium area for adults only. I am sailing on the Mariner of the Seas in late September of the first time and wondered if that particular area is on that ship. It would be nice to have an adults only section to go to occassionally to get away from the kiddies.

Thanks!

Drina

Hi all,

I keep reading about the heavenly Solarium area for adults only. I am sailing on the Mariner of the Seas in late September of the first time and wondered if that particular area is on that ship. It would be nice to have an adults only section to go to occassionally to get away from the kiddies.

Thanks!

Drina

Royal Caribbean's website is a treasure trove of information about cruising on Royal Caribbean ships, including Deck Plans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=11&shipCode=MA&shipProfile=1083&sailDate=1090809&hasNavigation=false

shp_ma_deck11_rc2_dpl.gif

It's wonderful but very crowded. We hard a hard time finding chairs, table, etc. MK

I was on Mariner last October and found the same thing - very crowded in the solarium. I'd rather be in the shade (I burn very easily even with SPF 70 :eek:). We were able to find loungers most of the time in the covered area by the main pool. There weren't too many kids so the atmosphere there was not too noisy. A couple of times during the pool games I went back to the cabin and sat on the balcony. I love balcony for early mornings and evenings after the shows. Its so peaceful.

I LOVE the open solarium on the Voyager class ships! On the Radiance class, they keep the roof closed--no tanning! A big disappointment!

I love the solarium's on the Vision and Radiance class ships. Sunshine without the tanning, or an outdoors feeling even when it is raining. :D On bad weather days, there is no outdoorsy place to relax unless you go outside of the Promenade deck. A solarium is supposed to be closed, IMO.

Dictionary: so·lar·i·um (sō-lâr'ē-əm, sə-)

n., pl. -i·a (-ē-ə) or -i·ums.

A room, gallery, or glassed-in porch exposed to the sun.

Like other pool areas, folks "keep" their chairs all day.

M

If they're in them or near them (as in "in the pool" or "getting a drink") then fine. Otherwise, the same "no saving chairs" rules apply--and I have no problem grabbing a lounge that is truly unoccupied. If someone comes back into the Solarium an hour later and says it's "theirs, I say, "No, it's mine now because I am in it."

beachchick

I agree with beachchick. Many times people in the Solarium just leave the towels they've used laying on the lounger. They aren't really saving it, they just didn't toss the towel when they left. We've removed towels and used a loungers for hours and no one came back. If they did come back, they didn't say anything because they knew they had been gone for a long time.............or, perhaps, DH scares them!!! :eek: :D (big guy, kinda unfriendly looking, could stare a hole through you if he wanted, quiets noisy children in restaurants with a single look).

Archived