Bringing a 9 month old on the Legend

You're one of the "glass is half full types" around here so if anyone can roll with it it'd be you girl.

Thank you...it's my intention to do just that.

I'm sailing with a lot of family members :eek: Kids may not be what I am going to want to avoid LMAO!! :p;)

I'm bringing a notebook....intend also to take copious notes to write a novel review afterwards. :)

Yeah last week of June.

I guess it's the same amount of time in school, just the dates are different. We have a holiday for Labor day but school has already been in session for a couple of weeks. Students get out either right before Memorial day or that week. Crazy. I know I am speaking about American holidays...

Hi There - thank you for your tips! I received only a few helpful tips and pretty much people telling me NOT to bring my child. Anyway - what bus tour did you take in Grand Cayman? That is the sort of excursion we'd be up for? Would the bus have let us bring a car set? THANKS so much!

No problem! Unfortunately, it seems these days you ask a simple question and your whole thread gets hijacked into something else entirely when all you wanted was some help! That said...We did the Discover Cayman tour (booked through CCL...I'm willing to pay the higher price if I know they boat will wait for me)!

We loooooved that tour! Even DS, who really didn't know what was going on, had a good time. He loved looking at the turtles and mostly slept when we were on the bus and on the boat going out to stingrays (we brought our own lifejacket for him to wear while on the boat and didn't take him in the water). I'm sure they would let you bring a carseat but here are the two drawbacks: 1) You'd have to pay for a ticket for your child since they would be taking up a seat...we only had to pay for DH & I since I held our son in the carrier. 2) You'd have to lug that seat everywhere! We ended up doing stingrays first and we had to take our stroller on the boat and couldn't leave it in the bus so remember that as well.

Another option might be the Jolley Roger Trolley tour....just sit in a trolley as it goes around Grand Cayman. Not sure where it goes but you might want to look into that. And of course, you could always just walk around the port area and take your child in a stroller....there are tons of shops, Margaritaville, Hard Rock, etc. If you had any other questions just let me know I'm happy to help....also check out the family cruising board for other suggestions and tips. Cruisinmama is very helpful!

A little harsh in your delivery. That said, it stands to reason that kids should be potty trained if they are to be allowed in the pools. But, I do not think it is selfish of the original poster to bring their child on a cruise with them---there is something called a "family vacation". I have no children, and I do prefer to cruise without unruly, misbehaved children around. However, clearly, I believe that there is very little that a 9-month-old could do to negatively impact my cruise.

I wasn't going to say anything but its really been eating at me. I can't understand how having kids is dumb. It may not be the thing for you, but for those of us who have the joy of being a parent I've found it to be the most rewarding and wonderful experience of my life. No, I don't think its for everyone but to criticize those who do have children and characterize them as "dumb"....well that's just plain ignorant.

Too bad your parents were dumb enough eh? :rolleyes:

Took the words right outta my mouth!

I'm surprised that someone who CAN'T STAND KIDS would take so many Carnival cruises???? All of the cruises we've taken on Carnival have been loaded with kids. I would think Celebrity or Holland America would be more suitable.

I usually cruise in August or September, and in February. Limited kids on board, just how I like it!

I have no advice to give since I don't have kids, but I just want to say that I will be on your sailing and I, for one, actually enjoy seeing well-behaved kids in a public setting.

The kid who was crying in a movie theatre (which the parent got up with the child and left -- and we're not going into whether or not the parent should have taken them there) did not disturb me anywhere near as much as the person who decided to answer their phone and yell into it because the person on the other end apparently couldn't hear because of the loudness in the movie theatre. For about 5 minutes.

Point being, is that some parents and their children are much more considerate than some adults I've come across (anywhere, on any vacation -- as I've not cruised before, before anyone decides to point that out), whether it be because they're drunk, or just feel entitled to something more.

Have a great time. I'm sure every time I see a little baby/toddler, I'm going to wonder if that's the one I read about on cc.

Enjoy your cruise! Our kids were 3 & 5 when they went on their first crusie and it was fun. I have traveled lots with them as infants and I loved my "ERGO" brand baby carrier...look into it...it is pricey but something that makes life so easy...Katy is 2 now and still likes to ride in it!

We have been cruising with my dd since she was 7 months old. This will be her 7th cruise and she is almost 4. We find it to be the best vacation for young children. You can do as much or little as you want. Everything is nearby, food 24/7, cooking and cleaning all week etc. We eat in the dining room and have only had to leave twice in 7 cruises. We don't allow her to interupt others. If she's fussy, we wouldn't bring her to the dining room/ show. Everyone always comments how well- behaved she is. We bring grandparents along to help. We don't bring the carseat but many do since we usually just walk around the ports or take a shuttle to the beach. We always take the stroller, for naps on the go! We participate in the camp carnival family activities and under two babysitting from 12-2 on sea days and nightly from 10p-3am although most nights we just turn in early since she gets up pretty early. Now she is old enough for camp but she doesn't like to be away from us in a strange place so she doesn't use it very often. Have a great cruise. If you plan well and go with the flow. It will be a great vacation. We work full- time so cruises are time to spend as a family, babies and all.

I have no advice to give since I don't have kids, but I just want to say that I will be on your sailing and I, for one, actually enjoy seeing well-behaved kids in a public setting.

The kid who was crying in a movie theatre (which the parent got up with the child and left -- and we're not going into whether or not the parent should have taken them there) did not disturb me anywhere near as much as the person who decided to answer their phone and yell into it because the person on the other end apparently couldn't hear because of the loudness in the movie theatre. For about 5 minutes.

Point being, is that some parents and their children are much more considerate than some adults I've come across (anywhere, on any vacation -- as I've not cruised before, before anyone decides to point that out), whether it be because they're drunk, or just feel entitled to something more.

Have a great time. I'm sure every time I see a little baby/toddler, I'm going to wonder if that's the one I read about on cc.

Hopefully we'll be the couple with the well-behaved 9 month old!

My only gripe about babies would be those ignorant parents who want to put them in pools...NO swimmies allowed....the pools on board are NOT chlorinated

on Imagination I saw an ignorant dad all angry who was made to get out of a hot tub with his NAKED baby (less than a year old)....LOL>> I am so glad security booted him out

many many threads on here about the little yellow ducky you can buy and fill with water, or small blow up pools

I would rather see that than an un potty trained baby or tot in a pool

and for heavens sake NO hot tubs....they are not safe for little ones, the heat is too much

happy cruising!

Use some common sense people. A cruise is not the place for a 9 month old baby unless it's a private cruise, and you are the only one on the ship.

I believe if it's you that wishes to control who you sail with, it should be you that takes the private cruise.

Why or how could anyone hate children:confused:

totally agree. It is the one thing we all have in common... we were all once children. Maybe different childhoods but no one got to be here today that wasn't a child yesterday.

OMG that hurt my feelings so bad! LOL

Just because I hate kids it makes me a criminal? GEEZ. Alot of people feel the same way I do bro. I am not alone with these feelings.

There is nothing like the love of a child. Maybe you should try it.

There is nothing like the love of a child. Maybe you should try it.

I'd feel sorry for his kid (CarnivalCruiseLover). He is quite insensitive. A joker who thinks a Carnival Cruise is no place for a child less than 5 hasn't a clue. Camp Carnival is for what ages? 2-11. Methinks someone is on the wrong cruise line. :rolleyes:

Hi ColleenandDanny. I have cruised twice with my toddler and we will again in November on the Legend with her and her new little sister who will be 11 mo. We have always used the kids pool towards the top of the ship. If you go to http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE&icid=CC_Carnival Legend_260 and check out the deck plan for the Legend, the kids pool is on the 11th Floor Sports Deck. Just a little pool a couple feet high to splash around in. People with kids deserve a vacation too, maybe more than others!

If your child still rides in an infant carrier/stroller, its nice to have. You can look through the tours on Carnival and some have an icon with a bottle letting you know if it is baby friendly. And others will say must be over a certain age.

Have fun!

Hi ColleenandDanny. I have cruised twice with my toddler and we will again in November on the Legend with her and her new little sister who will be 11 mo. We have always used the kids pool towards the top of the ship. If you go to http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE&icid=CC_Carnival Legend_260 and check out the deck plan for the Legend, the kids pool is on the 11th Floor Sports Deck. Just a little pool a couple feet high to splash around in. People with kids deserve a vacation too, maybe more than others!

If your child still rides in an infant carrier/stroller, its nice to have. You can look through the tours on Carnival and some have an icon with a bottle letting you know if it is baby friendly. And others will say must be over a certain age.

Have fun!

Uhhhhh....is your kid potty trained?? I really hope you are NOT putting a kid in the pool with other little kids if they are not potty trained...

you could make the other kids sick..

No one deserves to get sick because an ignorant parent insists their kids should "swim" in pools in swimmies. The pools are salt water....they are NOT chlorinated...they are NOT the same as the heavily chlorinated pool you might have back home

See I don't hate kids...but I don't want to see an 11 month old baby in any pool

are you aware you could make kids sick that way?? Oh....my...please tell me this is NOT so....NO 11 month old baby should be in a Carnival pool

I really hope Carnival enforces this ....and I personally think that any one who ignores the rule should be fined...and if their kid craps in the pool Carnival should CHARGE THE PARENTS THE FEES TO CLEAN THE POOL

there are gazillion posts about bringing a little blow up pool...or a ducky pool...please do NOT put an 11 month old in a salt water pool

My child is potty trained. The baby will be in swim diapers (kids pool only). And the kids pool gets drained/cleaned more because of the health factors and since it is hardly bigger than a blow up pool.

I thought I lived in a bubble. Good grief.

Swim diapers, or ANY diapers, are not allowed. Sorry to burst your bubble.

My child is potty trained. The baby will be in swim diapers (kids pool only). And the kids pool gets drained/cleaned more because of the health factors and since it is hardly bigger than a blow up pool.

Here is straight from the Carnival website:

Use of the pools :

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.

So those kiddie pools are really made for the 3-5 yo. A 2yo in swimmies are not ALLOWED.

Good grief...maybe you didn't read the rules...NO swim diapers ...NO..none

"drained">> what good does that do??

you can bring a blow up pool and let your kid use that

read the rules NO swimmies. Period

Archived