Barcelona-Booking Hotel May 2010--Having Trouble

Maineac

I'm trying to book a hotel room online for May 2010.

The 3 hotels I'm interested in say their are no rooms available for those dates.

Does anyone know if some hotels don't take bookings to far in advance?

Thanks

We booked our hotel directly through their site for Oct 2010. It was with the Hotel Continental. The only caviat was that they 'might' increase the price a couple of Euros between now and then. The other 2 couples cruising with us have also booked their rooms with no problem through the hotel site. Now, should we cancel between now and then, we have to send something in WRITING, ie, I'm not certain an email will suffice. I'll deal with it if the need arises.

We started looking way in advance and too were told no rooms available. I freaked! However, figured out later that indeed they just hadn't opened the booking process for a date that far out. I eamiled hotels directly to get the best info and rates. BCN hotels have some pretty easy cancelation policies. We actually had a hotel booked early, but later when specials popped up at other hotels, were able to lock in a better hotel with breakfast and taxes than we had...for about 75$ less per night.

Start reseraching hotels now and narrow it down to 2 or 3. Then start comparing rates at those as you get closer to your date. You should get a nice rate as you aren't going in June-Aug during peak summer time.

The 3 hotels I'm interested in say their are no rooms available for those dates.

Thanks

This is the site that we have used for Barcelona http://www.barcelonahotels.es/ . We are staying at the Hotel Granvia that we booked on 1/11/09 for arrival on 8/29/09. When we tried to book online directly with the hotel it was sold out for our requested dates, but we were able to book the dates we wanted with barcelonahotels.es. After we received the confirmation, I emailed the hotel directly and requested and received a confirmation from them just to double check. This is always good practice when you do not book directly with the hotel.

Thanks

Howdy,

We have a cruise next May out of Barcelona and we booked via email with Hotel Continental in June for both a pre and post cruise stay without any problems. In fact, we have already booked most of our private shore excursions already via email.

Which cruise are you going on?

We'll be on the Brilliance leaving on May 3rd with a group of twelve Cruise Critic members we just met on a Hawaiian cruise last May.

Good luck with your bookings.

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful indeed.

bigdoglerm, we'll be doing a B2B cruise on Silversea's new ship, Spirit.

It starts on Barcelona on May 20th and ends in Venice......I'm counting the minutes.

This is the site that we have used for Barcelona http://www.barcelonahotels.es/ . We are staying at the Hotel Granvia that we booked on 1/11/09 for arrival on 8/29/09. When we tried to book online directly with the hotel it was sold out for our requested dates, but we were able to book the dates we wanted with barcelonahotels.es. .

Always go to the hotels' web sites to check for special pricing before booking on a 3rd party site. The special pricing will not always be available to you on booking sites like venere or the one mentioned above. Also make sure you can cancel if using a 3rd party site. As things open up you might find a better hotel for the money.

Email the reservation desk at each hotel directly and you can get accurate info re being "sold out". In Europe, many hotels state that until they open the booking for dates 10 months out.

Cancellation policy with Barcelonahotels.es is 24hrs, for our hotel in Venice booked through venere 3 days.

Make sure you check the rates on your hotel dates at the hotel sites now. Altho most specials have come and gone for the late summer and early fall dates that were advertised in the spring, you still might see a lower cost and can ask for an adjustment. Havae a great time. We are off on Sept 5!

Make sure you check the rates on your hotel dates at the hotel sites now. Altho most specials have come and gone for the late summer and early fall dates that were advertised in the spring, you still might see a lower cost and can ask for an adjustment. Havae a great time. We are off on Sept 5!

When we booked back in January it was near impossible to get a decent hotel in Barcelona as there is an International cardiology conference in the city during the dates we wanted (8/29-9/1/09). And Venice wasn’t much easier (9/13-9/15/09). We got the last rooms at both places. But we are happy that we were able to book 3 nights in Barcelona and 2 nights in Venice at highly rated places for our budget of 750Euros.

• 1 month later...
This is the site that we have used for Barcelona http://www.barcelonahotels.es/ . We are staying at the Hotel Granvia that we booked on 1/11/09 for arrival on 8/29/09. When we tried to book online directly with the hotel it was sold out for our requested dates, but we were able to book the dates we wanted with barcelonahotels.es. After we received the confirmation, I emailed the hotel directly and requested and received a confirmation from them just to double check. This is always good practice when you do not book directly with the hotel.

Hi Mike and Linda:) How was your stay? I have a good friend who has stayed

at Hotel Granvia before and she recommended it to me. I booked

a room there today for Sept 2010.:)...room was available 11 months

out! Got a good price too:D

Hi Mike and Linda:) How was your stay? I have a good friend who has stayed

at Hotel Granvia before and she recommended it to me. I booked

a room there today for Sept 2010.:)...room was available 11 months

out! Got a good price too:D

We really enjoyed our stay at the Granvia. Very large room with marble bath and good A/C. Excellent location about 5 min walk to P. Catalunya and the start of La Rambla. Very safe neighborhood. Be sure to include breakfast with your room. It was a very nice full buffet. Well worth the price.

Thanks

I would just try to book via email.

Thanks

Try this site: www.barcelonahotels.es . This is where we booked our stay at the Hotel Granvia. They were able to confirm our rooms even though the hotel site showed that they were not available. Another good site for European hotels is www.venere.com .

We really enjoyed our stay at the Granvia. Very large room with marble bath and good A/C. Excellent location about 5 min walk to P. Catalunya and the start of La Rambla. Very safe neighborhood. Be sure to include breakfast with your room. It was a very nice full buffet. Well worth the price.

Glad you enjoyed the hotel:)

As for the breakfast, I decided to just book the room. Will find

a coffee and head to the ship;)

Archived