Wine Other Than Packages

Hello Dear Cruisers...

I sailed the Inaugural Season on the Majesty and not since sadly....so I found this place and am back!!! Seeing and hearing y'alls pics and tales are making me wish for the easy times of sitting in the WJ for breakfast. I reallllly miss that.

After much research, I have not found much about wine available for purchase if I don't get a package. I didn't care for the selections in there and was hoping other wines were available. Is there a winelist on their site or does anyone have one I could see?

I want to thank you all very much, as cruising is going to be a breeze with the insight and wonderful community aspect here. I will be meeting up with some of you I'm sure at some point.

Zoo

Welcome to CC, Zoo! And welcome back to the wonderful world of cruising! Ships have changed a bit since the 'Majesty'! :D

Wine for purchase can be viewed on Royal Caribbean's website. Go to 'Deals & Gifts' and click on 'Shop Gifts & Gear' on the drop down menu. Then click on 'Gifts & Gear Aboard', and then 'Wine Cellar'.

Hint: If you have a bottle of wine delivered to your stateroom and you take it to the Main Dining Room (I've just learned), there is a $12.00 corkage fee charged. :eek: You can choose to have the wine that you order delivered to the MDR (rather than your stateroom) if you prefer to drink it with dinner, then no corkage fee.

Welcome back to the wonderful world of cruising. If your last cruise was during Majesty's inaugural sailing, you have lots of catching up to do....:D

DH and I enjoy our wine very much. However, neither of us have been too impressed with the wine packages offered on the ships. We do, however, seem to find what we like off of the "a la carte" menu. It might not be the most economical way to buy our wine onboard, but at least we're assured that we're drinking what we really enjoy.

Karen

Welcome to CC, Zoo! And welcome back to the wonderful world of cruising! Ships have changed a bit since the 'Majesty'! :D

Wine for purchase can be viewed on Royal Caribbean's website. Go to 'Deals & Gifts' and click on 'Shop Gifts & Gear' on the drop down menu. Then click on 'Gifts & Gear Aboard', and then 'Wine Cellar'.

Hint: If you have a bottle of wine delivered to your stateroom and you take it to the Main Dining Room (I've just learned), there is a $12.00 corkage fee charged. :eek: You can choose to have the wine that you order delivered to the MDR (rather than your stateroom) if you prefer to drink it with dinner, then no corkage fee.

True.

But you can just wait until you are on board.

You can order a bottle in the Main Dining Room DURING dinner. What you do not finish, they will keep for you there until the next night. OR you can ask to have it re-corked and you can take it back to your cabin with you. You can also purchase a bottle in the dining room and JUST take it out with you.

Either way, RC will add 15% gratuity to the cost of the bottle.

Hi

I take it if you order one of the wine packages then you can use it when you eat in one of the specialty resturants?

Kind Regards

Andy:)

Absolutely. :) You can even have an open bottle sent from MDR to specialty restaurant and vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Was able to see the wine list......is there a better wine list at Portofino? A really good bottle of Cabernet makes the meal and I'm a bit disappointed with the wine list. I had heard that there were two different wine lists and that you could order from Portofino's. Is that true and if so...does anyone have the wine list.

• 1 month later...

Unless there has been another cut back, the wines at the specialty restaurants are different than what is available in the MDR. Also, the wine selection is far superioron in the Vintages Wine Bar, on those ships that have that venue.

I have purchased a bottle in Vintages, had them open it for a taste and then re-corked it to take to the MDR. No corkage fee is charged.

Yes, Vintages Wine Bar has a much better wine list. So if wine is important to you, I suggest you sail on either a Freedom class ship or the Navigator or Mariner. Those are the ships with Vintages. I am guessing that Oasis class will also have a Vintages.

The Portofino and Chops wine lists (also posted on my Webshots, but the lists are outdated) are subsets of the full list, so if you don't like anything on the main list, you won't like theirs, either.

I agree with mpbmark - Vintages (on ships with one, which would be a couple of the Voyager class ships and the Freedom class), you can find wines that aren't sold elsewhere on the ship, and they tend to have a more eclectic offering.

On Mariner, they have "California-ized" the list, so a lot of the more interesting wines we had in the Caribbean are no longer offered. I don't know if that's fleet wide or just Mariner, though.

Archived