Move over offers

choochella

Is there any pattern to Princess offering "move over" offers for fully booked cruises? I was always under the impression that they would start making offers to persons that have no airfare to worry about, or people who can drive to the port. (ie, Florida residents for Caribbean, etc)

Has anyone ever been offered a move over who has to fly to the port? Just curious, that's all. I have noticed our October Ruby is now fully waitlisted, so I'm guessing that Princess will start their offerings. We live in the northeast, and need to fly to FLL. Most all of our cruises have been fully booked, and we have never been made an offer.

Is there any pattern to Princess offering "move over" offers for fully booked cruises? I was always under the impression that they would start making offers to persons that have no airfare to worry about, or people who can drive to the port. (ie, Florida residents for Caribbean, etc)

Has anyone ever been offered a move over who has to fly to the port? Just curious, that's all. I have noticed our October Ruby is now fully waitlisted, so I'm guessing that Princess will start their offerings. We live in the northeast, and need to fly to FLL. Most all of our cruises have been fully booked, and we have never been made an offer.

Pretty good thread on this very subject. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1037299

Pretty good thread on this very subject. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1037299

Colo, I saw that thread, and read through it. But, not much was said about where everyone lived. I was just curious whether or not Princess had any type of "standard" that they used when making these offers.

Do you have to let your travel agent know you would be interested in an offer from Princess? Or does Princess just call you direct? Our sailing on the Emerald October 11th is wait listed in all categories also.

We live in LA. We were offered a moveover on our last voyage on the Caribbean Princess out of New York City. We had an inside cabin on Lido deck. We were offered a balcony on a later voyage, refund of our fare, OBC (I don't remember how much) and cash to fix the flights. We couldn't do it because we were meeting folks in NYC and they couldn't change their plans... so make of it what you will as to who they offer a moveover... :)

IMO, I don't think where you live has anything to do with it. It is all in the type of cabin you have and if you have more then 1 and where they may be located. Seems they are usually trying to look for a family to condense into a family suite etc thus freeing up 2 or 3 cabins.

I wonder sometimes how this can be cost effective for the cruiselines when they are making such fantastic offers as fare refunds, large upgrades, free cruises, $2500 OBC per person, etc. for people to change their plans.

It seems as if even if they are putting four people in a cabin where two were originally, they'd still come out behind, even if the extra people were paying full price.

Archived