If you're visited by the upgrade fairy to GS...

JazzieB

If you're visited by the upgrade fairy to GS/OS from a JS and you've pre-paid your JS rate tips do they bill you for the extras or just give you the envelope and hope you fill it correctly? Or as as you've been upgraded by RCCL do they pay it themselves?!

Not that we've been upgraded I was just curious :D

Hmmm...I would think you'd pay the GS (suite) rate for tips...after all, you're your getting the "suite" service!

If you're going the Pre-paid route, then they will most likely bill you the suite rate. If you pay in cash, then I guess it's up to you!

Hello all, I’ve been learning lots on this forum for several weeks, gathering all the great information this website has to offer.

We’re booked on the FOS in April in a GS. I was not aware that there was a different “Tip Rate” for these types of suites. Granted, we are getting a different kind of service. Can anyone give me any additional inform about the Tip Rate for a GS?

Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Dcoy

Below is the information right off of RCL web page. Hope this helps.

Onboard Extras

Print This Page

Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?

A: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Note: These gratuities apply to guests of all ages.

Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Notice to Guests: Gratuities may be shared with other crew members depending on the particular service requirement.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.

Added to your onboard SeaPass account.

Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

Suite attendant:$5.75 USD a day per guest

Stateroom attendant:$3.50 USD a day per guest

Dining Room Waiter:$3.50 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter:$2.00 USD a day per guest

Headwaiter:$.75 USD a day per guest

For a GS and up you'll pay the $5.75 a day instead of the $3.50 a day!

Susan :)

Thanks Susan & aquanut, this actually helped me out. I was budgeting to pay both tips, the Suite & Stateroom Attendants. Seeing that we're tipping so many different people in the dinning room, I made the wrong assumption.

Again, thats for the info and saving me money.

Dcoy

I thought JS, OS and RS gratutity were the same...it's when you are in a regular room that they are 3.50...but perhaps I'm wrong.

No. JS pays standard stateroom gratuities. GS and above pay suite rates.

Well I guess I have had some pretty happy cabin attendants in the past. Since having our daughter 5 years ago we have been staying in Junior Suites and have always paid the 5.75 because I thought we were supposed to. :p Oh well, they deserve it. Our cruise in 2 1/2 months we have a Grand Suite because we have 2 children now and already knew that we had to pay the extra tip for staying in a suite.

Congrats on the upgrade to GS!:)

I wish we had been upgraded :D

No we're in a JS, I was just curious because we've paid our tips as part of our booking but I then read on the boards about people being upgraded to a GS and found out when they checked in at the port.

Maybe they only upgrade people who haven't prepaid so that they know they will pay all their tips in cash at the end of the trip :)

PS I'd happily pay all extra tips if there's a fairy flying by!!!!!

Do they upgrade people often? And how are people picked?

Yes, they upgrade pretty often and you never know how people are picked. That upgrade fairy is a fickle creature. We got ours by booking a suite guarantee. Good luck. :D It's so exciting when you realize you've been sprinkled with fairy dust!!!

Archived