Fort Lauderdale: Renaissance vs. Hilton Marina?

elycelynne

If I do decide to do Priceline, from what I've read it appears that the 4-star choices are either the Renaissance or the Hilton Marina. While it seems the majority of those who bid end up with the Renaissance, there are a few who have gotten the Hilton Marina. So I'm wondering if the Hilton Marina is a step down from the Renaissance? It seems everyone loves the Renaissance but are either neutral or negative about the Hilton. If I did end up using Priceline and ended up at the Hilton, would I be disappointed?

the Ren is fine (don't eat there, bad food, overpriced and lousy service)...they redid it a couple years ago. Rooms are not bad..not huge not tiny.

The rooms at the Hilton seem to be on the smaller side, and i would not expect a great view on a PL room at either place...(that said, you never know. I once PAID for a room someplace-and I had high status in the guest rewards program, and the hotel was going to upgrade the guy who got it on PL for 80 bucks, but not me as part of my stay was being paid with points....guess who won that battle! yeah, me!:D)

The Ren is closer to "stuff" but the hilton isn't bad, and there is a water taxi stop there....or you can go to the street and get the sun trolley.( But you might have to walk up to near the Ren as IIRC the hilton is on a side street that parallels 17th-hard to explain)

www.suntrolley.com

www.watertaxi.com

either would be fine though

Archived