RCCL veterans thinking of Celebrity. Two questions:

Lazz

We are 6 time cruise veterans of RCCL. We have also been on Carnival, Disney, & NCL. Our next cruise will be without our now grown child, and we have been thinking of a caribbean cruise on the Solstice next summer for a change of pace. We are tradtional cruisers who like the two seating dinners, etc. We have been on the Freedom with DD and loved the flow rider, ice rink, and so forth, but probably will not use them without our child with us. My first question is if many think this is a good switch, and the second is how one goes about getting our Crown and Anchor society statur switched?

Personally, for those without kids, I think Celebrity is a great choice. An elegant experience without being stuffy. Better food, much better service and never a feeling of being crowded. On our RCI cruises, we always had the feeling of being in a huge crowd. Also, none of the constant announcements that you hear on RCI. And not the long lines you find on ships as large as Freedom.

When we first cruised on X, they just automatically applied our Diamond Plus credits to the Captain's Club. Don't know how they did it, but they did. But you might want to get in touch with the Captain's Club and give them your C&A number.

We are Celebrity fans - and cruised on RCL a few years ago with a family group. I called Crown and Anchor - gave them my Captains Club info, and they took care of the rest. Easy Peasy :cool:

I had the same experience as the earlier posters on this thread getting my status transferred. You can also always double check that it's gone through on the X website after a few days when you log in to captain's club.

I think X is a fantastic line and like it much better than RCCL for reasons listed above... but keep in mind that not only will you not have ice rink, flowrider, rock climbing wall... you will probably have fewer arranged activities in general. We don't really care much for shows, contests, etc. so I'm not the best person to speak to this, and Celebrity offers many things like trivia, lectures, and nightly entertainment-- but the whole vibe will probably be less "high energy" and include somewhat fewer choices-- though I am thinking of M class ships, so perhaps those who have sailed on Solstice class can comment.

Like the OP, we are considering trying Celebrity after many years cruising RCCL, NCL, Princes, HAL, and several others. We are in the "pricing" stage for a cruise on the Connie and have told the TA's to consider Senior & Military discounts. But I never mentioned our past RCCL cruises (nor did I give them my C & A number). Would I get a "credit"- like a past passenger discount- for having sailed with the sister company? If so, I'll recontact those TAs for repricing! I know our Stockholder benefit works for both lines (if we don't get some other OBC LOL).

Thanks!

Like the OP, we are considering trying Celebrity after many years cruising RCCL, NCL, Princes, HAL, and several others. We are in the "pricing" stage for a cruise on the Connie and have told the TA's to consider Senior & Military discounts. But I never mentioned our past RCCL cruises (nor did I give them my C & A number). Would I get a "credit"- like a past passenger discount- for having sailed with the sister company? If so, I'll recontact those TAs for repricing! I know our Stockholder benefit works for both lines (if we don't get some other OBC LOL).

Thanks!

The only thing you can get on Celebrity is a one cabin upgrade, inside to inside or outside to outside, no balconies, suites or anything else. It only amounts to a few dollars and must be done at booking with a Captains Club number...

This is great info! Thanks. Now I would like to ask one more question. I have 6 sailings with RCCL. If I go on a Celebrity for say, 4 sailings, and then go back on a RCCL cruise, will I be given 10 sailing credits?

The simple answer is "No.".

RCCL and Celebrity will honor each others frequent cruisers status. However, the cruise credits are not cumulative for both lines. Since you are already C&A Members, you will be granted comparable status in Celebrity's Captains Clulb. However, your credits with the Captain's Club will start at "0" and add from there. Enjoy Celebrity, we have. Trying RCCL for the first time in 3 weeks.

no-- you have to reach the levels on each line & then the exchange level applies-- we found that out early on when we switched back & forth but then decided to get our credits all on X when we hit Elite, then we got the Diamond on Royal C...

Not sure how it works with X & Azamara...I think they may be interchangeable...

My first question is if many think this is a good switch

In one word: YES!!!!

We LOVE RCCL, but since sailing on Solstice, I think Celebrity is going to be the way we go. Mind you, we still have a few bookings on RCCL to burn through...(Hee-hee)

They have taken the best aspects of both lines and combined them into one stunning ship.

Mike

We've only sailed RCI but have our 1st Celebrity coming up in December on the Equinox. We are so excited to try a new line and especially a new ship. Everything I've read about the Solstice (and the few sailings of the Equinox) it sounds like this will be just what we're looking for. Mind you, we still love RCI and will continue to sail them too but it never hurts to throw another line into the mix.

We transferred our status (Diamond) to Celebrity (Elite) just by giving them our RCI Crown & Anchor number. Easy!

Happy cruising everyone!

My first question is if many think this is a good switch, and the second is how one goes about getting our Crown and Anchor society statur switched?

We'll be cruising with Celebrity for the first time this coming December. We are Diamond Plus cruisers with RCCL.

You do not have to "switch" your status to Celebrity. What you have earned on RCCL will stay with them. You will just have the same equivalent status on Celebrity coming from their "Captain's Club." In our case, we will be Elite.

It never hurts to try something new.:D

Have been on both, as well as Azamara. Of the two you are considering, Celebrity would be our choice, subject to pricing and itinerary. Having said that, our next cruise is RC. And until yesterday, we were doing a fall TA on Voyager of the Seas. Found that Century, leaving Barcelona a day earlier, had dropped prices considerably. Because we like the smaller ship better, we changed. So we only have 1 day in Barcelona, instead of 2--

no-- you have to reach the levels on each line & then the exchange level applies-- we found that out early on when we switched back & forth but then decided to get our credits all on X when we hit Elite, then we got the Diamond on Royal C...

Not sure how it works with X & Azamara...I think they may be interchangeable...

Check out the Celebrity site for all the perks in the Captain's club section. Celebtrity and Azamara are combinable for credits. RCCL is just the same status recognition.

We are long time RCCL cruisers, (12 times) and recently went on our first Celebrity cruise on Solstice. We absolutely loved the Solstice!

One additional component that Celebrity offers is an expanded series of on-board lecturers, with presentations on various topics.

We had a retired NSA government employee who presented a wonderful program about the Russian space program and their long abandoned effort to design and produce a space ship similar to NASA's space shuttle.

The other speaker spoke about the history of the various Carribean islands and the impact on their economy by the production of rum.

Both speakers were very informative and enjoyable to listen to.

Also we much appreciated the lack of most PA announcements, which made for a more relaxing cruise.

Hypo

We are Diamond on RCCL, with others on Holland and NCL. Our first experience with Celebrity was in March 09.

Wonderful, probable one of the best, experience on the sea.\

So much enjoyed we are booked for next spring in the Med with Celebrity.

The rooms are smaller, but as the staff expressed on our check in, they make up for the room size in service. They were telling the absolute truth.

Enjoy.

Archived