Perfect Solution, IMO..... $5.45

sail7seas

I just came home from Staples. Needed some odds and ends and while there, I browsed around to see if there was any product I thought would be suitable to use as baggage tags for upcoming cruises.

I found perfect item IMO

They are Avery Shipping Tags (4 3/4 " x 2 3/8"). You've seen them I'm sure. Color of Manilla file folders with reinforced hole and string tag attached. Perfect to write name and cabin number and ship name if you wish. I probably will attach with zip tie vs the string but these tags suit me just fine.

And the price was 100 tags for $5.45.

I just came home from Staples. Needed some odds and ends and while there, I browsed around to see if there was any product I thought would be suitable to use as baggage tags for upcoming cruises.

I found perfect item IMO

They are Avery Shipping Tags (4 3/4 " x 2 3/8"). You've seen them I'm sure. Color of Manilla file folders with reinforced hole and string tag attached. Perfect to write name and cabin number and ship name if you wish. I probably will attach with zip tie vs the string but these tags suit me just fine.

Now THAT is a GREAT IDEA!!! Hubby will be stopping at Staples tonight on his way from work!!!

Joanie

Seems to me that other office supply stores, or even Discount stores, would have something similar for purchase. This is a good idea! I'd probably put my ID info on both sides if I were tying the tag on luggage as opposed to taping it on something like a case of wine, etc.

I found perfect item IMO

Thanks Sail, this is a great idea. I don't have a Staples that close to me but we do have some other stores downtown that appear to have them. I like this idea....and it's no extra work:)....so it's the best solution I've heard so far.

Seems to me that other office supply stores, or even Discount stores, would have something similar for purchase. This is a good idea! I'd probably put my ID info on both sides if I were tying the tag on luggage as opposed to taping it on something like a case of wine, etc.

Last week I checked Office Max -- nothing lcose to what sail described.

I think that it is sad that we are even talking about buying our own luggage tags. I would think that HAL would love the free advertising that they receive from seeing those tags on the luggage at the baggage claim area or checking into hotels. Many a time we have been stopped and asked how we liked HAL from other people seeing the tags.

I found perfect item IMO

Great idea. Hmmmmm. 100 tags. I'd need 2 for my luggage next May. I have enough for 50 cruises!!! I better call my TA... LOL

We use mailing tags as luggage tags all the time. They are particularly useful if we are going a few days early. We put the address and phone number of the Hotel on the tag, along with contact information for the Cruise. We've had delayed luggage, but never lost luggage - it comes to our Hotel

Great idea, s7s. I just printed ours out and by folding them I think we're going to be o.k. But we're driving to the port, so that makes a big difference. I just may stop by Staples tomorrow and get some. Even with folding the printed ones, they don't seem sturdy enough. Thanks!:)

The idea of all that folding and regular letter weight paper didn't appeal to me much.

We saw the new tags in use when we boarded Maadsam and it couldn't be easier but many here were disturbed to have to wait until they get to the dock to tag their bags. This is such a simple, inexpensive solution I think it 'solves the problem'. No need to print out anything.

Take a pen and one of these tags and you're all set.

(I wouldn't use a sharpie just in case it rains. :eek:)

My DH has dozens of these labels in his shop. He uses them to ID various (mysterious) cans when the labels go duff. Paint cans, insect spray, weed killer, etc. Very handy!

I use them also when sending bags of things to charity to mark which charity and sometimes brief contents.

I booked a cruise earlier this week and while speaking with the Hal rep I mentioned that I would miss having the luggage tags. He suggested I go to Staples and buy some of the hang tags Sail mentioned.

I think I'll make my own Hal personalized tag and laminate it.

Archived