Best thing to do in Key West ?

Ykgorbie

I enjoyed touring the Hemingway House and having lunch at Sloppy Joe's. My problem was there was so much to do and see and not enough time in port.

Roz

Have some fun! Drink a little, listen to some music, drink a little more, and if you get a little crazy remember there are web cams around, especially if you have a job that doen't have a sense of humor is a picture gets back to the office. i.e. the teacher that lost her job because she had some fun .

We rented a moped with I believe cost around $50 if my memory serves me correctly. We were able to see everything we wanted around town..rode up and down Duval Street and stopped wherever we wanted, saw the southernmost point, went to the beach, stopped for some key lime pie, and had lunch at Sloppy Joe's.. it was an awesome day!!!! Have fun!

I was in Key West in June with some buddies for a few days. We stayed right where the cruise ships docked. Key West is a great town to stay in for a few days if you have a chance. Not a place you stay for a few week but a long 4 day weekend is worth it. And as MrPete said...drive there. But to answer your question...

If your looking for some history as alphakitty said then do the Trolley Tour. It's about a 5-6 minute walk from the ship. After your done with the tour walk Duval street. The tour is near there. You can check out Sloppy Joe's and if your up for a 10-12 minute walk you can check out Margaritaville. A good spot to buy some good t-shirts. Duval street is fairly mello in the day time so your not going get the full experience of what it's like. I wouldn't recommend doing snorkeling in Key West because you can do so much better in say for example St. Thomas.

Hope this helps.

We drove there in Feb for a 3 day stay as a pre-cruise trip. My favorite thing was the soft shell crab sandwich at B.O's Fish Wagon. Funky little place that's for sure.

There are a couple 2 or 2 1/2 hour jet ski tours that go around Key West. I'd like to do one of those next time I'm there. Just couldn't fit it in last time.

We drove there in Feb for a 3 day stay as a pre-cruise trip. My favorite thing was the soft shell crab sandwich at B.O's Fish Wagon. Funky little place that's for sure.

There are a couple 2 or 2 1/2 hour jet ski tours that go around Key West. I'd like to do one of those next time I'm there. Just couldn't fit it in last time.

How was the drive? We're doing the same thing next saturday.

How was the drive? We're doing the same thing next saturday.

Drive was great. We missed the turn to Card Sound Road on the way down, it's sort of a very sharp left, so really watch for that if you are planning on heading down that way. We did take it on the way back.

There were several slow downs along the way down due to traffic but we were never really stopped. We came back early - early to try an minimize any issues since we drove back on the day of the cruise. No traffic issues on the way back. :) It was a fun to do it at least once and I'm not a big car trip person.

And I learned a valuable lesson. It's a bad idea to combine a white guy from Minnesota in Feb with a convertible with the top down the whole way on a very sunny day without using sunscreen. That sun felt great but boy..I was a mess with my peeling face and head throughout the cruise! :eek:

Drive was great. We missed the turn to Card Sound Road on the way down, it's sort of a very sharp left, so really watch for that if you are planning on heading down that way. We did take it on the way back.

There were several slow downs along the way down due to traffic but we were never really stopped. We came back early - early to try an minimize any issues since we drove back on the day of the cruise. No traffic issues on the way back. :) It was a fun to do it at least once and I'm not a big car trip person.

And I learned a valuable lesson. It's a bad idea to combine a white guy from Minnesota in Feb with a convertible with the top down the whole way on a very sunny day without using sunscreen. That sun felt great but boy..I was a mess with my peeling face and head throughout the cruise! :eek:

Sounds awesome dude, thanks!

Well, I have only been there once. Did the trolly which was ineresting as you got to see a little bit of the area. HOWEVER, all we really needed to do was stand on Duval street as our cruise docked during fantasy fest. What a wild time that was.

Linda

Archived