If you book a late flight when do you have to leave the ship??

Jaymee287

We are cruising next summer, and we have kicked around the idea of getting the earliest flight possible at 11:30 am or getting a flight at like 4:50 pm. If we book the 4:50 pm are we going to get kicked off the ship at a specific time? Is the ship still open to activities once it's docks back in Tampa? We will be on the Legend!

The ships that I have been on start getting ready for their next voyage asap... Once they start the process of getting off the ship I believe it is done by 10:30 as they start getting the next group on around 1 or so.. I hope I am as close to the times as possible but hopefully if I am not correct someone else will jump in and let you know!! Have fun... :)

We are cruising next summer, and we have kicked around the idea of getting the earliest flight possible at 11:30 am or getting a flight at like 4:50 pm. If we book the 4:50 pm are we going to get kicked off the ship at a specific time? Is the ship still open to activities once it's docks back in Tampa? We will be on the Legend!

You'll be off by 10:30 a.m. We were in Galveston, our flight didn't leave until 4ish, so we had a taxi take us to a bar-b-que restaurant. It was good!

Elena:D

Most ships want you off by 10:30 or earlier because they have to prepare for the next round of passengers. We were on a ship last year that started debarking at 6:00am and was rushing the last few (us):rolleyes: out at 9:00am. We were like you and booked a late flight thinking we could just chill out in the morning but no luck. When they dock they want you off ASAP. One thing you can do though is book an excursion through the cruise line in Tampa and after the excursion they take you straight to the airport.

The excursions in Tampa I can't view yet. That's a good Idea though I'll have to mention that to the other 2 ladies coming with me :).

So to add to my original question if we were to book the earliest flight we could which is at 11:30 am would be off the ship in time to take the pier shuttle and get to the airport and not miss our flight. Some people say this isn't the best idea because you may not get an early disembark #? How are those handed out? We are on the Riviera Deck stateroom #1170 Category 4a (interior). How would we ensure that we got off the ship in time if we booked the early flight?

We're on the Legend next month and also have a flight back home leaving a little before 5. We're going to check our luggage at the terminal with Destination Tampa --see http://www.destinationtampa.com/BookACruise/tabid/89/Default.aspx

They charge $7 per couple for checked luggage. We will spend the rest of the day looking around Channelside and the area around the port and may visit the aquarium. Destination Tampa has shuttles back to the airport for $20 per couple and they also have tours of Tampa which are probably cheaper than what you can find through Carnival.

j

There aren't any activities when the ship docks. You need to be out of your cabin by 8:00AM or so and generally off the ship by 9:00 or 10:00AM. There's early breakfast in the Buffet available until 9:00 or so.

ken

just got off Destiny... by 9:30 the ship was pretty empty and they were saying "LAST CALL, LAST CALL ... all passengers must leave the ship." I was showering about then... :eek:

we got off around 9:45 and really felt like we were about the last ones on the boat...

just as you were excited to board YOUR cruise, the next pax are wanting to get on the ship ASAP....everyonoe must be off so customs and immigration can clear the ship......so you will not be able to hang out, and there will be no 'activities'.......

If you book the earlier flight you can either do self assist debarkation where you are the first group off the ship by brining your own luggage off or... you let Carnival know you have a flight before noon and they will give you a number that will be called in the first group but I suggest self assist.

There is nothing open on the ship except the photo studio when you get back to Tampa. You will be off the ship no later than 9:30 unless there is a delay with customs.

The excursions in Tampa I can't view yet. That's a good Idea though I'll have to mention that to the other 2 ladies coming with me .

So to add to my original question if we were to book the earliest flight we could which is at 11:30 am would be off the ship in time to take the pier shuttle and get to the airport and not miss our flight. Some people say this isn't the best idea because you may not get an early disembark #? How are those handed out? We are on the Riviera Deck stateroom #1170 Category 4a (interior). How would we ensure that we got off the ship in time if we booked the early flight?

Making an early flight in Tampa is easy. The cab to the airport is $25 flat fee. The shuttle will run you a bit more than that (sorry I don't remember the price and I threw the sheet out this morning.) Just an FYI you can leave the ship with any number group (once the carry your own people are off) , you do not have to wait for your own. All baggage is available at once. It is divided by groups, but it is not put out by group.

Making an early flight in Tampa is easy. The cab to the airport is $25 flat fee. The shuttle will run you a bit more than that (sorry I don't remember the price and I threw the sheet out this morning.) Just an FYI you can leave the ship with any number group (once the carry your own people are off) , you do not have to wait for your own. All baggage is available at once. It is divided by groups, but it is not put out by group.

I'm not quite understanding the luggage thing and the "carry your own people? If it is divided by groups when or how will we get ours? We have never cruised so this is all new!

If you book the earlier flight you can either do self assist debarkation where you are the first group off the ship by brining your own luggage off or... you let Carnival know you have a flight before noon and they will give you a number that will be called in the first group but I suggest self assist.

I just saw this post, I scanned through them all fairly quickly!! How do we get into the self assist? Is that something we take care of on the ship or do we have to mention it sooner than that?

The time I did self assist the elevator and escalator was broken and I had to hand carry two (one large and one carryon) pieces of luggage and my purse on the regular stairs and I only weigh 115 lbs. it was very hard for me. If you don't carry much luggage no problem, but that was in 2005 and our luggage could still weigh 70 lbs.

Archived