Malaga?, Canary Islands?, Madeira?

Any ideas on what not to miss in or around Malaga? Will be departing for a TA on the Navigator of the Seas in November and will spend 3 days pre-cruise here. Tour company suggestions?

Also would like suggestions on the Canary Islands and Madeira, too. Will be visiting those ports on our TA. Help!

I was in Madeira in April and took a guided tour of the island. We went to the fish/fruit/vegetable market, up on the cable car, down on the tobaggans, then toured the island seeing Nun's Valley, the highest sea cliff, and other sites that were very interesting (just can't remember their names offhand). We then went into town to a grocery and liquor store to buy Madeira wine and Poncha.

We used Daniel of www dot DanielMadeiraTaxis dot com and he was excellent, reasonably priced, friendly and also personalized our tour for us. Outstanding service to be truthful!!

I haven't been to Malaga or Canary Islands yet.

Hope that helps!!

Joyce

..we are in Malaga on Nov. 1...not only a Sunday...but All Saint's Day!! What are the chances of anything being open in terms of shopping or coffee shops. Would the Hop On Hop Off bus be running?

Thanks!

There will be many things closed this day.

Resturants and Cafe's should be open,

I am pretty sure the open top bus will still be going.

We are also going on the Navigator on Nov 9th. I was looking at the info on the tour with Daniel and it looks like the cost is per vehicle. Let me know what you find out. We are interested in such a tour also. We are getting into Malaga on Friday the 6th. Haven't picked a hotel as of yet.

See you on the ship

Rick & Moe

PS: We are from Lawrenceburg Indiana:p

Rick and Moe, we have had a thread going on the Roll Call sections of these boards for the Navigator TA for well over a year. If you haven't already, do come and join us.

Red Hat, in our experience it is very difficult to get caffeine free cola in Spain.

CF Coke is John's drink of choice and he would have liked to buy some too. We normally take it onboard with us but as we are flying from London on the morning of sailing, that is unlikely. We will probably just buy the regular diet version in our first port of call.

• 3 weeks later...
Any ideas on what not to miss in or around Malaga? Will be departing for a TA on the Navigator of the Seas in November and will spend 3 days pre-cruise here. Tour company suggestions?

Also would like suggestions on the Canary Islands and Madeira, too. Will be visiting those ports on our TA. Help!

We stopped in Malaga on a TA cruise, and enjoyed the HOHO bus and walking around. Really wanted to go to the Alhambra in Granada, but didn't want to do that with the time allotted for a port stop. If I were to be there for a few/several days, I would definitely go to Granada and see the Alhambra. Supposed to be spectacular.

I have been on 2 canary cruises now, and i would say it is one of the most nicest, best places to visit! I took guided tours through the canary islands in and around the best places of the island. In my opinion this is what i would do, and you will be guaranteed the best views and scenery.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on 2 canary cruises now, and i would say it is one of the most nicest, best places to visit! I took guided tours through the canary islands in and around the best places of the island. In my opinion this is what i would do, and you will be guaranteed the best views and scenery.

What tours would you recommend? We will be in Lanzarote Nov 11 noon to 8pm and Tenerife Nov 12 7am to 5pm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived