tour guide in nice, france

spots25

I know what you mean! I've been thinking the same thing for a long while now. They all seem to have great reviews so why spend the extra money? We actually ended up booking Sylvie di Cristo because her rate was even far less than the 3 you mentioned and people seem to love her as well. Just thought I'd chime in on the subject. :) Good luck with whatever you decide is the right tour guide for you.

Sylvie is amazing! Have a great time. Tour guides in Rome were telling us they thought she was the best guide in Europe...we agreed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliance is only in Cannes from 10a to 8pm and with 2 children and 2 seniors along with us we do not want to do more than 5-6 hours, would like to see Biot for glass, Nice for candy, eze for the perfume and village perchees and come back to Cannes. Most of the private tours are 8-9 hours, which is hard to do if we do not arrive until 10 and then, I believe, need to tender in. We like to be back for our first seating at 6 pm. Assume we cannot disembark/tender until 11 then we have a tight 7 hours. We want to avoid the crankies;). Any tips?

Brilliance is only in Cannes from 10a to 8pm and with 2 children and 2 seniors along with us we do not want to do more than 5-6 hours, would like to see Biot for glass, Nice for candy, eze for the perfume and village perchees and come back to Cannes. Most of the private tours are 8-9 hours, which is hard to do if we do not arrive until 10 and then, I believe, need to tender in. We like to be back for our first seating at 6 pm. Assume we cannot disembark/tender until 11 then we have a tight 7 hours. We want to avoid the crankies;). Any tips?

If you're booking a private tour tailor it to your time frame, there's nothing written in stone that it has to be more than 5 - 6 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
We just returned a couple of days ago from the Med. and on the recommendation of a friend, chose Catherine. She was absolutely amazing!! There were 6 of us in all and she kept us amused throughout the entire day. She knows whereof she speaks and even has the low-down on some famous people!!! We had 8 hrs. with her and travelled to such wonderful places as St. Paul de Vence, Antibes,Eze,Monte Carlo,Monaco,Nice and Cannes.

I would definitely recommend her and would use her again if we are ever fortunate enough to return. Her e-mail is contact@traveltourprestige.com. She is very quick to reply to her mail. :)

I could not agree more! She is an amazing guide, so interesting and fun, too. Probably our favorite guide from our June Med cruise. i arranged with her beforehand the places we wanted to see for a half day tour, and she saw to it that we enjoyed it all without feeling rushed. ot easy to do in a half day, but she did. I also would recommend her strongly to anyone .

• 2 weeks later...
I could not agree more! She is an amazing guide, so interesting and fun, too. Probably our favorite guide from our June Med cruise. i arranged with her beforehand the places we wanted to see for a half day tour, and she saw to it that we enjoyed it all without feeling rushed. ot easy to do in a half day, but she did. I also would recommend her strongly to anyone .

We are going to be in port from 10:30-8. I assume since we are tendering in at Villefranche we might not make it to the dock until 11or 11:30. We would want to be back in Villefranche by 6 or 6:30. Several tour agencys have stated a price for us for 7 hours, but I was wondering what you were able to fit in for the half day with Sylvie? Was the tour for 4 hours?

I've been stalking this post for a little bit now, as I'll be on my honeymoon cruise in June, with the first stop being Villefranche for 11 hours. I've taken what I believe are the top three tour guides/companies and compiled a price and destination chart. What I am wondering is, with all else being equal, why would I not go with the cheapest tour guide? All three have received rave reviews above, so it seems like a numbers game now. Below are my findings, hopefully the formatting doesn't get screwed up. You'll notice that not all tours go to the same spots, as the spots listed are the recommended tours I was given after contacting each tour. I'm sure all can be altered to be identical:

-Revelation Tours (http://www.revelation-tours.com/)

Nice, St. Paul du Vence, Eze, Monaco, Monte Carlo

Persons/Per Person Rate (in Euros): 2/300; 3/200; 4/150; 5/120; 6/100; 7/85; 8/75

-Dream Tours (http://www.dream-tours.com/)

Nice, St. Paul du Vence, Eze, Monaco

Persons/Per Person Rate (in Euros): 2/240; 3/160; 4/120; 5/110; 6/95; 7/85; 8/75

-Travel Tour Prestige (http://www.traveltourprestige.com/)

Nice, St. Paul du Vence, Eze, Monaco, Monte Carlo, Antibes

Persons/Per Person Rate (in Euros): 2/200; 3/133; 4/100; 5/80; 6/65

I also have been looking at several tour agencys with prices form 400-600 euros for a 7 or 8 hour tour for 7 people to the places above. Anyone have any insight as to why the big spread in price difference? Do some guides leave you on your own and others stay with you throughout the tour, are some more knowledgeable or more reputable than others?

Any help to this question would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
sadly yes

Well bummer. I guess at this point you could start looking online for other tour guides and then try to cross check their reputation on this board or on trip advisor. Or simply go to Trip Advisor and see if there are other names mentioned there. Or, if it comes to it, take a ship's tour if there is one that goes to the places you want to see. How frustrating...

Or you could just hang out and experience the race...:D

DH and I used Revelation Tours in May 2009 and it was wonderful! Our tour guide was Frank and we toured Monaco, Eze, St. Paul de Vence, Gourdons, Tourettes sur Loop and Nice.

We will be returning next year and have already booked Revelation Tours.

You can't go wrong with this company.

I tried ALL 4 ( sylvia, Michel, Dream and Catherine ) ALL are booked. PLEASE any other suggestions. sadly we are arriving the day of formula 1 and the film festival. I would very much like to see EZE and Nice

Thank you for any help

Nadine

You really can do it on your own, the buses go directly from Nice to Eze, it's just about impossible to get lost. If you research ahead of time, you 'll know what you are seeing & how to get there. We tendered in Villafranche & were on the shore before the sun rose completely.

I previously read about this company as being good and they have a 5 or 8 hour tour of Monte Carlo, Nice, and Eze and a 8 hour of Cannes and Saint Tropez including vineyard-both are 490 for 8/8 hours or 310Euros for 5hours in Monte Carlo. Any one heard of or used them? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone on this thread for some valuable information. I just booked a tour with Sylvie Di Cristo on August 20th. She got back to me immediately...even though it must have been very late on that side of the world. She has answered all of my questions and her emails have been full of very valuable information. She is extremely efficient. I am really looking forward to meeting her and enjoying her expertise! She told me she has other dates available, but they are going quickly. If you don't want to miss out on what is obviously going to be a wonderful tour, you should contact her as soon as possible.

• 3 months later...

We used Alain fro Dream Tours recently and had an excellent time. Alain was very professional and freindly. We where traveling with three children and Alain made everything very easy. We were able to see a variety of places and make the most of our time while we were in port. I would highly recommend that anybody looking for a guide use Dream Tours and for those not considering a guide, I would recommend that you reconsider because it is definetley worth the money.

Our group of four did a day long tour out of the port of Cannes with Michel Legrand of Revelation Tours last September. He was the best tour guide that I have ever had, bar none. What I liked about him was that he spoke clearly and loud enough for everyone in the van to hear, was extremely knowledgeable, a good driver (a lot of drivers scare me), had a nice, comfy van, brought us a cooler of cold drinks and in general was a good guy. I highly recommend him. We went to Nice, Monoco, Eze and St. Paul de Vence. I really liked Eze and St. Paul de Vence, myself. Don't miss either one. You won't go wrong with Michel.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone used Private Shore Tours? Revelation Tours is booked for the time we will be in Nice/Villefranche.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

This was asked back in February but never received an answer. I'm facing the same situation and hope that someone has experience with this company?

Archived