3rd person cost - Mini Suite

tigre

How does the pricing work with 3 people in a mini-suite? Is the cost for the mini-suite cover all three or is there an additional charge for the 3rd person?

I'm exploring options for an Alaskan cruise next summer. I'm leaning towards Princess or Royal Carribean for that area, since I really like both of those cruise lines.

Thanks!!

Tigre

How does the pricing work with 3 people in a mini-suite? Is the cost for the mini-suite cover all three or is there an additional charge for the 3rd person?

I'm exploring options for an Alaskan cruise next summer. I'm leaning towards Princess or Royal Carribean for that area, since I really like both of those cruise lines.

Thanks!!

Tigre

Most times on princess there is a 'slightly' discounted rate for the 3rd passenger in a mini suite. No matter what type of stateroom you book though, unless a cruise line is running a special (only some run these for children but I have never seen this offered on a Princess cruise), staterooms are priced on a per person rate for the first two passengers (solo passengers on Princess would pay 200% of the per person rate for a mini), but staterooms are not priced per stateroom, but per person occupying that stateroom, no matter what the category cabin.

Go to the Princess website, and make sure to click on '3' passengers in the stateroom to see what the total charge would be.

Just a hint though. Princess still allows discounting by travel agents, and many discount approximately 10% or a bit higher than those prices you can find on the Princess website. Good Luck!

Most times on princess there is a 'slightly' discounted rate for the 3rd passenger in a mini suite. No matter what type of stateroom you book though, unless a cruise line is running a special (only some run these for children but I have never seen this offered on a Princess cruise), staterooms are priced on a per person rate for the first two passengers (solo passengers on Princess would pay 200% of the per person rate for a mini), but staterooms are not priced per stateroom, but per person occupying that stateroom, no matter what the category cabin.

Go to the Princess website, and make sure to click on '3' passengers in the stateroom to see what the total charge would be.

Just a hint though. Princess still allows discounting by travel agents, and many discount approximately 10% or a bit higher than those prices you can find on the Princess website. Good Luck!

Thanks! This is helpful. I've done a lot of cruising but always with two of us, not three. I knew it was wishful thinking that a mini-suite might cover three of us, but having never gone that route before, I wasn't sure what the options might be.

Thanks! This is helpful. I've done a lot of cruising but always with two of us, not three. I knew it was wishful thinking that a mini-suite might cover three of us, but having never gone that route before, I wasn't sure what the options might be.

NOt a suite but 3rd person fare on the CB this fall. My daughter booked an OV for herself, her husband and baby. The first 2 were 579 pp and the baby was 622! A few days later the rates changed and they all ended up with the 499 pp but who knows. Princess adjusted the price no problem. I had always thought the 3 and 4 passengers paid less ( and have even seen sales for free or 99 for 3rd and 4th) I was very surprised at the 3rd person fare,

We just paid $799 for our DD in our mini. Plus port fees and taxes. Then we added insurance and it had to be the same level as ours according to Princess. I really didn't mind that as I'd rather have the full coverage than none.

Eileen

Archived