Fitness classes onboard- cost extra? Splendor

NWgal65

I am sailing on the Splendor soon and tried to get a pic of the gym, but couldn't find one on Carnival's virtual tour etc. The site mentioned there were also classes offered like yoga and pilates, but did not mention an extra cost. It also mentioned personal trainers, but again, no mention of cost, but I am sure there is a charge for that. Can anyone tell me about any extra charges related to the gym or fitness classes?

I'm trying to set some goals ahead of time so I don't gain 7 pounds in a week like the last time! lol

Thanks!

You can use the equipment free of charge, but the classes are extra. If you are disciplined, you could make yourself a schedule & stick to it while you are cruising. They have treadmills, elliptical, bicycles, free weights, machine weights. There are mats for your abwork & I think they have the balls, too.

On the Valor, some of the classes were extra (I think spinning and yoga) and you had to sign up for those in advance because they'd fill up. Some of the classes were free, though. We took an abs class and a circuit training class, and both were free.

On the Valor, some of the classes were extra (I think spinning and yoga) and you had to sign up for those in advance because they'd fill up. Some of the classes were free, though. We took an abs class and a circuit training class, and both were free.

Can you tell more? Particularly about the circuit training???

We will be on the Valor in November and while I'm good about going to the gym at home and when I travel, I'm worried about the cruise. I'm going to see how close I can stick to my goal of not gaining any weight while on the cruise :p

Normally I do stuff on my own, and I'm looking forward to running on the track. But I'm curious about the free classes. Might help keep me motivated and disciplined.

Can you tell more? Particularly about the circuit training???

We will be on the Valor in November and while I'm good about going to the gym at home and when I travel, I'm worried about the cruise. I'm going to see how close I can stick to my goal of not gaining any weight while on the cruise :p

Normally I do stuff on my own, and I'm looking forward to running on the track. But I'm curious about the free classes. Might help keep me motivated and disciplined.

Don't get TOO excited about running on the track....

I'm a runner too, but the track aboard most ships is very small and always full of people walking (slowly) two and three abreast! Maybe if you hit it VERY early in the am, or around the dinner hour, it wouldn't be so bad.

I remember paying $10 for spinning on our Princess cruise. Pretty sure the same on Carnival. Yoga and Pilates cost extra. I think $10 as well. I love exercising on the ship because you get to see the ocean. Saw dolphins once.

Thank you for all of the great information. Firefly..you are everywhere! Thanks again for your feedback! Much appreciated.

It sounds like $10/class is about average. I am on a budget...may create a schedule for just using the gym equipment...love the elliptical! Treadmill rates up there, too.

My teen daughters and I are planning on NOT drinking soda...but instead water, juice in the a.m. with breakfast, and possibly iced tea if that doesn't require a charge?? We are not going to pay for drinkable calories, but we are going to enjoy dessert :)

I am sailing on the Splendor soon and tried to get a pic of the gym, but couldn't find one on Carnival's virtual tour etc. The site mentioned there were also classes offered like yoga and pilates, but did not mention an extra cost. It also mentioned personal trainers, but again, no mention of cost, but I am sure there is a charge for that. Can anyone tell me about any extra charges related to the gym or fitness classes?

I'm trying to set some goals ahead of time so I don't gain 7 pounds in a week like the last time! lol

Thanks!

I paid $10 per class. Yoga, pilates, spinning...

Don't get TOO excited about running on the track....

I'm a runner too, but the track aboard most ships is very small and always full of people walking (slowly) two and three abreast! Maybe if you hit it VERY early in the am, or around the dinner hour, it wouldn't be so bad.

Agggh....to bad, are there points for running them over? ;)

Archived