1/22/2011 Cruise-Chinese New Years Cruise

Bob42

The 1/22/2011 Azamara cruise is billed as a "Chinese New Years Cruise". The cruise arrives in Hong Kong the morning of Friday, Feb. 4, 2011. Chinese New Years Day is Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011. We would love to book the cruise, but I am afraid that the big parade will be the night of Feb. 3, and we will miss it. Or is it usually scheduled on a weekend date? Can anyone help on this? When do they announce the parade date? and how do I get that information? Thanks to all.

The 1/22/2011 Azamara cruise is billed as a "Chinese New Years Cruise". The cruise arrives in Hong Kong the morning of Friday, Feb. 4, 2011. Chinese New Years Day is Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011. We would love to book the cruise, but I am afraid that the big parade will be the night of Feb. 3, and we will miss it. Or is it usually scheduled on a weekend date? Can anyone help on this? When do they announce the parade date? and how do I get that information? Thanks to all.

I would suggest that you do a search and pose this question on both the Fodorite forum (Asia) and Tripadvisor - you are more likely to get this info there.

Not sure where you find out when the parade is, but we did the same cruise last year - left Hong Kong January 31 - and we could see the parade fleets exposed on the harbour front on the Kowloon side - it was fantastic. All through the cruises, every city, town and villages were decorated for New Year and we got dozens of red enveloppes with gold coin (chocolate that is!!!).

It was a great time to be in these areas!!

MC

The 1/22/2011 Azamara cruise is billed as a "Chinese New Years Cruise". The cruise arrives in Hong Kong the morning of Friday, Feb. 4, 2011. Chinese New Years Day is Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011. We would love to book the cruise, but I am afraid that the big parade will be the night of Feb. 3, and we will miss it.

I would not arrive on the day of the cruise in the first place.

Plan to arrive 1 or more days before the cruise ..you never know when flight schedules can go wrong.

Long way to fly & miss the cruise

The parade is normally the evening of the first day of the new year - looks like being the night of the 3rd Feb then.

We intend to see in the western world's 2011 new year in LA, then B2B cruises with "X" from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale, then Chinese New Year in New York, before jetting back to the UK.

To confirm for HK contact the tourism authority there.

I would not arrive on the day of the cruise in the first place.

Plan to arrive 1 or more days before the cruise ..you never know when flight schedules can go wrong.

Long way to fly & miss the cruise

OP was asking if they would miss the parade as they would be on ship until the 4th, not joining it............

Archived