At what point do you stop following a thread

jerseygirl79

I only read a thread if less than 20 answers on the page. once it gets past 50 answers unless it is a review I want to keep, I quit it. that is of course unless it is a thread I started. then it stays there for about a year.

Depends. If it is a question type of thread and the question has been answered, then there is no reason to keep going. If it is a topic thread and it is a topic I am interested in, I'll go back. I usually stop when it starts getting rude and/or repetitive. By that time, what's the point? Ya know?

Depends on how interesting the topic is sometimes I will read up until 7 pages but I will subscribe to the thread so I will get the new posts forwarded to my by email. If the thread gets jacked by a side topic I'll stop reading it.

Depends. If it is a question type of thread and the question has been answered, then there is no reason to keep going. If it is a topic thread and it is a topic I am interested in, I'll go back. I usually stop when it starts getting rude and/or repetitive. By that time, what's the point? Ya know?

My thoughts exactly :)

No rule of thumb--I will follow a thread as long as it is interesting (or amusing) or there is new information being posted.

What happened to posts three through ten? This jumps from two to eleven. Post number eleven quoted a post that no longer appears.

Not sure what is going on, but I can see all the posts that are missing for you. The post quoted in post 11 is there, too. Twilight zone maybe?

No rule of thumb--I will follow a thread as long as it is interesting (or amusing) or there is new information being posted.

Not sure what is going on, but I can see all the posts that are missing for you. The post quoted in post 11 is there, too. Twilight zone maybe?

Perhaps, but I cannot see posts three through ten and I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

If it is a direct answer type question, like which dive company should i use in belize, it usually sticks to the topic, and i will read all the responses. If it's one of those crazy "i hate" or "i'll never" what do you think/feel/, i may read the thread until the last one is standing.:D

For some of us, it's a long long time.....we are on page 13,392 and still going strong.....thats why they call us the Crazies!!!!!:p

Ya think? I would have thought by now all those hundreds of pages about laundry, ketchup, Conquest departure guesses every sunday, etc. would have been getting old by now for you guys??

Perhaps, but I cannot see posts three through ten and I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

I don't see them either...so I guess I'll stop reading this thread now.:D:D

Actually, if the thread has interesting information and not just flaming and trolling, then I continue to read it.

(But I have on occasion added to a flaming or trolling thread):eek:

Maybe the people who wrote post three through ten have me on their ignore list (I know it doesn't work that way - sometimes computers just do crazy things).

I know what you mean. My computer tends to ignore me at times -- usually when I really need it. :D

I don't see them either...so I guess I'll stop reading this thread now.:D:D

Maybe the people who wrote post three through ten have me on their ignore list (I know it doesn't work that way - sometimes computers just do crazy things).

Maybe those posts were on a need to know basis, and it was stuff you didn't need to know. The rest of us could tell you about them, but then we'd have to kill you.:D

Who knows why computers do the things they do? Cyberspace is a strange place at times, it seems.

I never notice post numbers but once it was brought up, I couldn't see 3-10 either.

I only follow a thread for as long as it keeps my interest. Usually if it's really long I only follow the first page or 2, unless I've been reading it from the beginning and I'm interested, then I keep up with it.

Others I never open because they don't appeal to me or I close them as soon as I read the first post and find myself uninterested

Archived