Just back from MARINER 8/16/09. Any questions?

Sorry folks, instead of doing a search on these boards,I'm going to take the easy out and ask: What's this Los Veranos thing I keep seeing references to?

Thanks in advance for your help! Joyful

Los Veranos is a zip line/canopy tour in Puerto Vallarta. We were on the same tour as Karen and her family (Cravingacruise) last week and have to agree it was a blast.

I'll be on the Mariner leaving next Sunday - Which night's menu in the dining room is the "worst"? I want to book one of the specialty restaurants, but I want to make sure I pick the best night to do so.

Any advice? Thanks!

Marne@Hotmail.com

Sorry, we found something every night on the menu, can't really say which we would have picked.

We have a very early flight. Do you recall what time the first people were allowed off? Thanks.

The Walk Off (Self Disembark) was scheduled for 8:15 on our sailing. I think they were a bit delayed but not too bad. We are platinum so were off with the P/D/D+ group at about 8:45. Mariner does not do early departures as you normally see from the Florida ports.

I won't be on the Mariner until 1/17/2010, but my experience on other RCL cruise ships is they charge $10 for each exercise class

I went to some of the early morning ones on our Jewel cruise in Europe... they were free -- one was an AM stretch and the other an ab class I believe.

We did Express Departure (carry your own bags off). We met at the Schooner Bar at 8:15am. It was quite busy. We exited the terminal out to the parking lot at approx. 8:40am.

The delay going thru customs was due to a lot of people not having their paperwork completed. We drove out of the parking lot, no lines there, and were happily on the freeway by 9am. We got home at 10am. Sunday traffic was very light.

According to my paperwork, the first group off was Suite guests at 8:15-8:25am. The list shows departures every 10 minutes from 8:25am to 10:00am.

We have a very early flight. Do you recall what time the first people were allowed off? Thanks.

We were also on the 8/16 sailing (hi all), we went ot Chop's on Wednesday. I felt that was the weakest menu.

If you are flying United and have a flight after 12:00 Luggage Valet is the a great deal. For some reason United is the only Luggage Valet airline that does not add a baggage fee to the Luggage Valet service charge. We would have spent $45 at the airport (one bag each for three of us) plus we would have had to find our bags, hauled them to the airport and stood in line there. Instead we paid $20pp and didn't have any of the hastles.

70's night was on Day 3, Tuesday. Sorry we did not attend anything so I can't comment. This is the day we were in Cabo, and we were pretty tired and had an early night.

There is a 70's song tribute from 10:15pm-10:30pm in the Promenade, followed by '70's Dancing in the Street' with your cruise director and the "Mariner Macho Men' at 10:30p.m.

By the way, 80's night was Day 5, Thursday at Dragon's Lair from 11:00pm-1:00am (Adults only). We headed over there after The Quest. At first it was good fun and they played some great songs for dancing, but then the Dj started playing some modern remixes and rap style music. :(

Also, smoking is allowed in this bar. No problem at first, but then a large group sitting next to us lit up their cigarettes and it was bothering some of the people in our group, so we decided to leave. Not sure why they called it an "80's Party" if they only played 80's music for the first 45 minutes!

Hi and thanks for the review. We are trying to find out if there is still a 70's themed party on this ship? Was there one while you were on this sailing? We sail on Sunday, 9/13. Thanks

Did Los Veranos couple of years ago booked on internet without a problem...well back then you had to hide the fact that you were a cruise passenger, not sure if that is an issue now though. Will save bucks by going directly with Los Veranos. Was one of the best excursions I have been ever on. Some climbing up inclines and hills. The staff were terrific, safety was observed, caught tour at office in town after taking a taxi 20 minute ride to office. End of excusion was in a restaurant with monkeys tequila bar and other "you can pet" animals. All in all great time.

Two comments, Matt Yee was not on board for the August 16th sailing. Not sure if he is coming back and if so when that would be.

For Los Veranos, they were fully aware we were on the Mariner. I don't believe they book through the cruise line at all. The outdoor adventure is the main one the cruise line books now so that is more difficult to do on your own.

Sorry, I didn't notice....and thankfully we were not called down to the naughty room like others on our roll call.....Can you believe that someone tried to sneek on an iron? Isn't that right, Michael? Who would attempt such a thing?

I did overhear that some people had success with rumrunners. We brought on a 12 can pack of Dr. Pepper and 12 bottles of Lipton Ice tea with no problems. I remember dh wishing the sodas were beers at one point. ...LOL...We left our case of water bottles behind, but wished we brought them with us as it was very hot & humid and we had to keep buying bottled water in port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Did you happen to notice how strict they were with bringing alcohol on board? Did you hear of anyones techniques how they got it on?

Just booked the Mariner. The 4 of us Me, partner, Sister and BIL will be going. In 50+ cruises, none of my family have made their way over to this side of Mexico. We have to prior experience to tell us what we should do, so here i turn to my super extended CC family for help!

In LA we are going to go in 3-4 day early. What is a good hotel, that is cheap, and near to the sights and sounds of LA. We want to do the "classic" tourist stuff while there. We would also not like to see the ghetto! So any tips and hints would be great!

We love to snorkel. Like to be active, but be able to relax if we see fit. We like to spend part of the day shopping, see the sights, and the other half of the day sitting at a beach with some good snorkeling. Does anyone know how me might be able to spend our day? We are really open to anything as far as seeing the sights.

Thanks for all the help you may give us!

Archived