Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Do you know why the Embassy Suite will not allow a one night booking for November 30... We wanted to do the park and cruise there... but they are requiring a 2 night booking... Do you think it will open up closer to sail date? thanks for any advice you have...

Do you know why the Embassy Suite will not allow a one night booking for November 30... We wanted to do the park and cruise there... but they are requiring a 2 night booking... Do you think it will open up closer to sail date? thanks for any advice you have...

Try other hotels in the area. Renaissance, Hyatt Place, and Hampton Inn have also offered park & cruise packages. I think Cambria Suites was offering this at no additional charge. If ES opens up you can always cancel your other booking.

Edited by royalcruz

Hi again,

I've been searching with no luck....maybe you can help.

We are sailing Allure next May. I have read somewhere about people walking to a pier to watch the ships sail away on Saturday. ( I can't find it now)

Can you tell me which hotel has views of the port and is in walking distance to the pier to watch Oasis sail away?

We were planning to stay at Lago Mar this past May, until our flights got cancelled and we had to fly into Orlando and rent a car putting us in Ft. Lauderdale after 10pm so we stayed at cheap hotel. Lago Mar was pricey, but maybe best bet?

Embassy suites? Hyatt?

Bringing our kids with us this year and really want to stay somewhere with a view of the ships and need to know where to find route to walk to watch sail aways.

Thanks!!!

Hello All.

I have another question about cab service in FLL. We will probably stay at Holiday Inn Express on 17th. So many folks here have said to catch a cab to port and not to wait for a hotel shuttle. What about a cab to the airport? With a whole ship load of folks coming off the ship will we have to wait a long time for a cab or should we just get a ship transfer, which I believe would run about the same price.

When you take a cab and are not depending on the ship transfer do you take your own bags off the ship or does the ship still have to take your bags and then you have to go claim them? One thing we hate with a ship transfer is that the bags are taken to the airport, most times on a separate truck from you and then you have to stand there waiting for your bags. We waited for 45 minutes last time for our bags before we could even check in. If we took a cab our bags would be with us.

Thanks again for all the help everyone gives on CC.

Question re: flying out of FLL.

We are arriving back in Port Everglades Thursday Nov 14 on the Liberty of the Seas. We originally booked a flight home leaving FLL at 1:30pm. JetBlue changed our flights so now we are leaving FLL at 10:25am. I am stressed about making the flight now. Any words of wisdom?

The only other flight that day on JetBlue leaves at 8:30pm.

Hi we are setting sail on a b2b on 16 November for 2 weeks, Princess have booked us into IC Doral Miami, anyone got any info on this hotel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is a Fort Lauderdale thread. Miami is an hour away, so you will do better posting your own thread on the FL departures board.

Question re: flying out of FLL.

We are arriving back in Port Everglades Thursday Nov 14 on the Liberty of the Seas. We originally booked a flight home leaving FLL at 1:30pm. JetBlue changed our flights so now we are leaving FLL at 10:25am. I am stressed about making the flight now. Any words of wisdom?

The only other flight that day on JetBlue leaves at 8:30pm.

There are no guarantees of course but if you self-disembark as early as possible you should be able to make your flight.

Hello All.

I have another question about cab service in FLL. We will probably stay at Holiday Inn Express on 17th. So many folks here have said to catch a cab to port and not to wait for a hotel shuttle. What about a cab to the airport? With a whole ship load of folks coming off the ship will we have to wait a long time for a cab or should we just get a ship transfer, which I believe would run about the same price.

When you take a cab and are not depending on the ship transfer do you take your own bags off the ship or does the ship still have to take your bags and then you have to go claim them? One thing we hate with a ship transfer is that the bags are taken to the airport, most times on a separate truck from you and then you have to stand there waiting for your bags. We waited for 45 minutes last time for our bags before we could even check in. If we took a cab our bags would be with us.

Thanks again for all the help everyone gives on CC.

You can either self-disembark early with your bags or do regular embarkation and find your bags in the cruise terminal by color or number. There are always lots of cabs waiting to take people to the airport, so it's very convenient, for about $15 per taxi. A taxi to the port will only be about $10 for you.

Staying at the embassy on 17th on Nov 9th, leaving on Carnival on 10th. Is there a shuttle from airport to Embassy? Do you know if Embassy has shuttle to the Carnival boat on the 10th?:)

I do not believe that ES has an airport shuttle. It will cost about $15 by taxi. There is a shuttle to Port Everglades for a fee.

Hi again,

I've been searching with no luck....maybe you can help.

We are sailing Allure next May. I have read somewhere about people walking to a pier to watch the ships sail away on Saturday. ( I can't find it now)

Can you tell me which hotel has views of the port and is in walking distance to the pier to watch Oasis sail away?

We were planning to stay at Lago Mar this past May, until our flights got cancelled and we had to fly into Orlando and rent a car putting us in Ft. Lauderdale after 10pm so we stayed at cheap hotel. Lago Mar was pricey, but maybe best bet?

Embassy suites? Hyatt?

Bringing our kids with us this year and really want to stay somewhere with a view of the ships and need to know where to find route to walk to watch sail aways.

Thanks!!!

I don't think that anyone actually walks to the pier to watch sailaway...it would be about a mile from any hotel and the ship is behind a big building. Hyatt Pier 66 has good views of the port from the tower rooms, upper floors, south facing. Embassy Suites has a more distant view. You can watch the ships sail out from the 17th St bridge. If you want to be by the rocks that the ships sail by on the way out to sea, you will have to walk through a residential neighborhood east of the bridge. I'm not sure which route will get you there without trespassing on private property so keep searching. Maybe you could get a ride to Lago Mar and walk out to the beach and turn right and walk down to the rocks.

I don't think that anyone actually walks to the pier to watch sailaway...it would be about a mile from any hotel and the ship is behind a big building. Hyatt Pier 66 has good views of the port from the tower rooms, upper floors, south facing. Embassy Suites has a more distant view. You can watch the ships sail out from the 17th St bridge. If you want to be by the rocks that the ships sail by on the way out to sea, you will have to walk through a residential neighborhood east of the bridge. I'm not sure which route will get you there without trespassing on private property so keep searching. Maybe you could get a ride to Lago Mar and walk out to the beach and turn right and walk down to the rocks.

Thanks,

I understand, I was not thinking of the actual cruise ship pier. I suppose what I've read/seen in reviews were people near the rocks. I had also thought I read about someone walking on a path with rails out to the water viewing the sail away. I did find a couple reviews today from people who walked the beach to the rocks.

I guess we will just compare the pricing for rooms at the Hyatt and Lago Mar. Seems Lago Mar would be easiest for us to walk to edge of the inlet to see. Would be worth a little extra coin to us to be a close walk to watch Oasis sail away Sat eve.

Next thing I have to decide is where to go to shop for supplies and eat. If we stay at Lago Mar I guess we would have to taxi to a sun trolly stop, and go from there, I assume we would find everything needed along thier route? Maybe just taxi to the store and dinner. I will search around a see what we can get into.

Thanks again!!

Edited by Brandonclan

You can either self-disembark early with your bags or do regular embarkation and find your bags in the cruise terminal by color or number. There are always lots of cabs waiting to take people to the airport, so it's very convenient, for about $15 per taxi. A taxi to the port will only be about $10 for you.

Thank you so much for the information.

Thanks,

I understand, I was not thinking of the actual cruise ship pier. I suppose what I've read/seen in reviews were people near the rocks. I had also thought I read about someone walking on a path with rails out to the water viewing the sail away. I did find a couple reviews today from people who walked the beach to the rocks.

I guess we will just compare the pricing for rooms at the Hyatt and Lago Mar. Seems Lago Mar would be easiest for us to walk to edge of the inlet to see. Would be worth a little extra coin to us to be a close walk to watch Oasis sail away Sat eve.

Next thing I have to decide is where to go to shop for supplies and eat. If we stay at Lago Mar I guess we would have to taxi to a sun trolly stop, and go from there, I assume we would find everything needed along thier route? Maybe just taxi to the store and dinner. I will search around a see what we can get into.

Thanks again!!

Both hotels have restaurants. From Hyatt you can walk a couple of blocks to other restaurants and Walgreens. If you need to go to Total Wine, it's close to a mile walk.

From Lago Mar you will need to take a taxi either to 17th St or to the commercial beachfront area. They are both very close by.

This is a Fort Lauderdale thread. Miami is an hour away, so you will do better posting your own thread on the FL departures board.

Thanks for being helpful and straight to the point, I only asked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Both hotels have restaurants. From Hyatt you can walk a couple of blocks to other restaurants and Walgreens. If you need to go to Total Wine, it's close to a mile walk.

From Lago Mar you will need to take a taxi either to 17th St or to the commercial beachfront area. They are both very close by.

Thanks!

What is the best airboat and everglades tour close to Ft Lauderdale :confused:

I can't say which is the best, but several years ago we did the Everglades Holiday Park and were very happy with it. At that time you could go to their website and print a coupon for a discount. I don't know if that is still true.

I just looked on their website and you can save $4.00 per ticket by purchasing tickets online compared to in person at the park. Hope this helps.

Edited by JSWalk

I can't say which is the best, but several years ago we did the Everglades Holiday Park and were very happy with it. At that time you could go to their website and print a coupon for a discount. I don't know if that is still true.

I just looked on their website and you can save $4.00 per ticket by purchasing tickets online compared to in person at the park. Hope this helps.

We have used them too twice and thought it was great. Also got the coupon you are talking about. There is also a little alligator show usually given by a man missing a few fingers!!

Hello,

My DH & I will be arriving into FLL at 6am the day our ship departs. Do you have any suggestions as what we could do for the morning, while we are waiting for the proper time to board the ship? (We will have our luggage)

Thank you! :)

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 1500 W. Commercial Blvd the night before leaving FLL for a cruise on the Eclipse. Three questions: First, does anyone know if there is a place within a short walk of the hotel where we could buy a couple of bottles of our favorite wine to bring on board? Second, any suggestions for a place nearby to catch a quick, cheap bite for dinner the night before? Third, should we use the hotel shuttle to the port or would we be wiser to take a taxi?

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give us.

David & Mary

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 1500 W. Commercial Blvd the night before leaving FLL for a cruise on the Eclipse. Three questions: First, does anyone know if there is a place within a short walk of the hotel where we could buy a couple of bottles of our favorite wine to bring on board? Second, any suggestions for a place nearby to catch a quick, cheap bite for dinner the night before? Third, should we use the hotel shuttle to the port or would we be wiser to take a taxi?

Thanks so much for any help anyone can give us.

David & Mary

I would not recommend this location without a car. It is not a good/safe neighborhood to be wandering around. A shuttle to the port will cost about $35, so if the shuttle costs less use the shuttle. There are KFC, Mc Donalds, and Miami Subs a few blocks east, and Moe's (burritos,etc) a few blocks west. There are 7-11 and Circle K a block or two east that might carry wine.

Hello,

My DH & I will be arriving into FLL at 6am the day our ship departs. Do you have any suggestions as what we could do for the morning, while we are waiting for the proper time to board the ship? (We will have our luggage)

Thank you! :)

Lester's Diner on S.R 84 is open 24 hrs. It's close to the airport and port.

We have used them too twice and thought it was great. Also got the coupon you are talking about. There is also a little alligator show usually given by a man missing a few fingers!!

That is so funny. We were just talking about the guy doing the alligator show with the missing fingers. We were wondering if he has any less than when we were there about 6 years ago.

Edited by JSWalk