Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

I've been done there many times it's by far my favorite port love the water taxi. Just making sure ,we are at the sheraton on seabreeze we should be pretty close to my favorite watering hole Lulu's am I correct.

Also I remember a deli or pizza place down there run by guys from I think philly?? do you know what place I'm talking about sorry it's a vag description:o

Also is Mango's still open on Las Olas?

Thanks ahead of time

P.S. I'm sure you can tell all my places are along water taxi stops:D also like shooters and southport oyster bar I think the name is?:)

We will be flying into Miami on Thur Mar 8th and staying in a hotel (haven't decided yet) in Ft Lauderdale and cruising from Port Everglades Mar 9th. We return on Mar 17th and will need to go directly from Port Everglades to MIA. I am looking for the cheapest transportation from Miami to Ft Lauderdale.

All and all ideas appreciated!

Edited by CarlaMasterson

I've been done there many times it's by far my favorite port love the water taxi. Just making sure ,we are at the sheraton on seabreeze we should be pretty close to my favorite watering hole Lulu's am I correct.

Also I remember a deli or pizza place down there run by guys from I think philly?? do you know what place I'm talking about sorry it's a vag description:o

Thanks ahead of time

P.S. I'm sure you can tell all my places are along water taxi stops:D also like shooters and southport oyster bar I think the name is?:)

the rest is pamantie ( spelling not quit sure) bros and they are from pittsburg make a great sandwich.:)

Thanks ahead of time

The Deli/Pizza place is Primanti's--901 N. Ft. Lauderdale beach Blvd.

Hopefully this will give you an idea of location:

The Sheraton is at least a half mile south of Las Olas, past the Courtyard, Bahia Cabana, and Bahia Mar hotels.

Lulu's is about 8 blocks north on A1A.

Primante's of Pittsburgh is about 1.75 miles north on A1A.

Mango's is still open.:)

Can anyone suggest a hotel for 1 night prior to our departure from Port Everglades that might have free parking for cruise guests? I stumbled up on one when we left out of Miami last year just by calling the hotela and asking--however, I did get the idea from a Cruise Critic poster.

If not free parking, then a good clean hotel that's budget priced. We are a party of 8 and need 4 rooms.

Thanks--Kim

Hopefully this will give you an idea of location:

The Sheraton is at least a half mile south of Las Olas, past the Courtyard, Bahia Cabana, and Bahia Mar hotels.

Lulu's is about 8 blocks north on A1A.

Primante's of Pittsburgh is about 1.75 miles north on A1A.

Mango's is still open.:)

Perfect thanks all within walking distance if were not on the water taxi:) but will still probable head over to the 17th street area like southport and waxy o'connors.

I really love Fort Lauderdale we always spend a few days before and after the cruise down there if I lived anywhere down there it would be in that area.

We used to stay at the Hyatt I think on the 17th street just on the other side of the causway it had a revolving bar at the top great place to watch the ships:)

Can anyone suggest a hotel for 1 night prior to our departure from Port Everglades that might have free parking for cruise guests? I stumbled up on one when we left out of Miami last year just by calling the hotela and asking--however, I did get the idea from a Cruise Critic poster.

If not free parking, then a good clean hotel that's budget priced. We are a party of 8 and need 4 rooms.

Thanks--Kim

I would suggest Cambria Suites.

Thanks--Kim

Check out Sleep Inn in Dania Beach. It is very close to the airport and port and seem to offer the best prices with the best reviews. Free breakfast, free shuttles, grocery/wine/restaurants next door. CC members have been staying here for a while. There isn't a lot around so it's not a great place for a long term vacation, but perfect for a night.

Can somebody recommend a reasonably priced shuttle service that will take me from my hotel in South Beach to Port Everglades specifically? I'm confused by all the different shuttle services when I do an online search but find that some only pick up at MIA but not SoBe...etc. The online search is not really helpful and time consuming. There are only 2 of us.

Thanks for your help!

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel for a post cruise stay in late January? Would like to have something on or near the beach and within walking distance of restaurants and things to do and not too pricy. Do not plan on renting a car.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel for a post cruise stay in late January? Would like to have something on or near the beach and within walking distance of restaurants and things to do and not too pricy. Do not plan on renting a car.

Not too pricey is subjective. Try these:

Alhambra Resort

Bahia Mar

Marriott Courtyard beach

Westin beach

a little further than the others from the main area but still walkable:

Sheraton beach

Best Western Oceanside

What a great thread!

Would you know approx. how much taxis would cost to/from:

La Quinta Inn Plantation at SW 6th St.

La Quinta Inn and Suites Plantation

Extended StayAmerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina

Fare to the La Quintas in Plantation is approx $30. Extended Stay is in a great location right next to the port entrance, about $15 from the airport.

We are coming to Fort Lauderdale pre cruise 1 night in December. Our plane arrives around 10am so we will have most of the day and night. Where can we stay close to Port Everglades cruise terminal? Do they have shuttle service from hotel and airport and from hotel to cruise terminal? And what is there to do and where should we eat? Thanks for any help!!!