What items are on the aqua spa cafe?

Bingo

Hello,

We will be on the Summit, 2 weeks from this Sunday (getting close!). I have heard very good things about the food in the aqua spa cafe but not exactly what items they serve. What items can I expect for breakfast and also lunch entrees?

Thanks for any info.

Dan

Hello,

We will be on the Summit, 2 weeks from this Sunday (getting close!). I have heard very good things about the food in the aqua spa cafe but not exactly what items they serve. What items can I expect for breakfast and also lunch entrees?

Thanks for any info.

Dan

Breakfast (7-10?) is Bagels, granola, yogurt, fruit and the like.

Lunch (12-8) is mostly 3-4 cold plates - usually one fruit, one vegetable, and two meat-ish, plus a chilled soup and two dessert choices, with two daily hot dishes which typically take ~15 min. The items change daily.

The food is pretty good, and can help to limit the "Get on as passengers, get off as cargo" thing ;)

You can quite practically eat three meals a day there

Hello,

Thanks for any info.

Dan

Hi Dan !

Also, if you like fish, they had a grilled fish of the day on most days. I tried the Grilled Salmon and the Grilled Tilapia, and both were outstanding. I highly recommend them.

I am not a huge fan of Celebrity's buffet lunches, and I found the Spa Cafe to be a very welcome option.

Hi,

Always enjoy the informative, articulate posts from my fellow Washingtonian, S. Johnson. But I certainly chuckled out loud when he described certain Aqua Spa Cafe offerings as "meat-ish." Visions of 'mystery meat' and Spam rolled through my head. :D ...and as quickly vanished. ICK.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2005 filled with good cruising!

CM

If you are in a suite can you order from the Aqua Spa menu for a lunch in the room - I just adored the salmon on the last cruise

Hi Uktog !

I thought the Salmon & the Tilapia were outstanding, and I am not a huge fish eater either.

By the way, from the looks of our countdown clocks, it looks like we are on the same sailing ! Did you register for the Cruise Critic Party yet ?

For Nancy and me, the grilled salmon at the AquaSpa Cafe is about the single best food item on an M class ship. It that shows up once or twice a week.

Art

I couldn't agree with you more!:) Grilled salmon of this quality would cost $15-$20 at a restaurant, and on the ship you can order 2 if you want!

It was my understanding that you could ask for a grilled salmon any day, even if it's not listed. It's certainly worth a try!:D

Hi:) a few of us tried the Aqua Spa when we returned from one of our excursions (sailed on Constellation)......the food was EXCELLENT........I had chicken breast...it was extremely moist!....and sushi.......and they had some fantastic desserts.......they may have been sugar free...but you would not know it by had good they all tasted:D

Another day they had what looked like a fruit custard...or custard with fresh fruit on top...OH MY GOODNESS...it was DELICIOUS:D

I know that one can order grilled salmon everyday for dinner in the main dining room, but I don't know if that is also true at the AquaSpa Grill.

For anyone who wasn't aware of it, the AquaSpa Grill is the day job of the specialty restaurant staff. That has more than a little influence on the high quality and presentation of what is served there.

Art

• 7 months later...

I love the Aqua Spa choices, but it would be very nice if they had mayonnaise (light/regular), mustards, lemon wedges, etc. for the cold salmon and grilled chicken. I always forget to bring it from the bbq area.

I used to take a plate with the salmon from the Aqua Spa and get the Caesars Salad at the Buffet & put it on top it was exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

They also had some of the best Tuna (better than Albacore if that's possible) I've ever had one day & I put it on a salad.

The Aqua Spa beverage area has a guava passonfruit beverage which is available all the time and which is fantastic!! I even made some special trips to the Aqua Spa just to get a glass.
Ah, yes... the guava/passionfruit. My daughter Lise discovered that, and in cahoots with the bartender at the mast bar just outside the spa area, created something very tasty but absolutely lethal. I forget what she called it, but the next morning, we redubbed it the "Moaning Lise".

Have to second the good comments on the Spa Grill. Best I could tell, the salmon was indeed available every day on demand, and I have ordered "doubles" several times for lunch. They also serve other interesting things back there that have perhaps a bit more pizzazz in the flavor department than the typical dining room or buffet fare. I recall a wrap of some sort that was actually spicy -- something you normally don't get too much of on a cruise ship. Best selection of fresh fruit on the ship, too.

New Celebrity cruiser here, and all this has me looking forward to the cafe. This is, unlike the alternative restaurant, a place we can eat without extra charges? If it is, I'm getting more excited about trying the line!

Nanner, yes, this is a cafe in the spa area that is excellent & certainly free of any charges! We eat breakfast & lunch there almost every day when we're on an M class ship.

They are saying they will be adding both a specialty restaurant & a spa cafe on the Century when she goes into drydock later this year/early next year (I don't remember exactly when) :D

Archived