$2 coins soon add up!!

Tinky2

Just an update on this With my money box i started about this time last year. i saved an extra 125.55 cents. towards the cruise and that was not even putting all the coins in there over the year.

Not as good as my last attempt but still its better the nothing right :)

Our first cruise is a little over 12 mths away and after reading this thread I was inspired.

Yesterday I purchased 2 of those round metal money boxes from a $2 shop and started our little "slush fund" :D

One tin is labelled "cruise 1" and that is to cover any additional expenses for our feb 2013 cruise.

The other is labelled "cruise 2" and that will be to pay for a Week Tropique cruise late 2013/early 2014 (6 of us including 3 kids and my mums first cruise)

To start things off I emptied the centre console of my car along with my handbag/purse of all coins and divided it evenly between both tins and also threw a 20 dollar note into each tin.

$32 in each tin.....I'm on my way!!:)

I filled a Kraft peanut butter jar, smooth lol, anyway - I think its the 500g size - it held 600 dollars in 2 dollar coins

I also have a Just Juice 2litre bottle, lots of room, easy to see, takes 50c pieces

Also, just bought one of the dollar cans from the el cheapo shops - the medium size... it will take a lot to fill it... Australia will be short of 2 dollar coins, lets put it that way...

~~Iru~~:cool:

in our house we have a 20 ltr drum with a slot cut in the lid and we use it to put 50 cent peaces in its about half full after about six months, realy dont now how much will be in when it full , but it will be heavy:D

we have tins for 5, 10,20,50 cents and tins for $1 and $2.

Guess that 20 ltr drum wasn't working out for you huh?

• 11 months later...

Daughter and I have 3 ways of saving for our cruise or holiday fund and have just added up our savings ready for cruise next week - we have close to $1000 - this is since our last holiday together to Melbourne last July. We save all our winning scratchie tickets, our $2 coins in coke bottle and other change in a tin. Now we need a new tin to save up for the World cruise next year.:)

Suey - hope to make 2014 W C ... if not, definitely 2015 - if you buy my house then it will def be 2014 lol

Am still saving - a 500g? Kraft Peanut Butter jar, not the standard size but the next one, hasnt got a label on it, but its the jar thats about $5 at Woolies for the peanut butter....will take $600 of $2 coins

All my other saving including some gold still goes in Just Juice containers with the neck cut slightly to fit 50c

And gold only goes in a $ can from the Reject Shops... all $2 and $1

Saves heaps...

Love it... and I also have a lidded box that had Wet Ones in it... that I throw some $1 in for the pokies... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived