Past Guest Discounts

PROCRUISE

We've cruised with HAL twice before and like the itinerary of the Southern Caribbean cruise on March 5th or 25th on The Noordam. When I inquired about past guest discount I was told that it is offered on select cruises and has not been offered yet on this cruise. Anyone have any real idea how this system works as to what cruises get selected and which one don't with regards to discounts?

We've cruised with HAL twice before and like the itinerary of the Southern Caribbean cruise on March 5th or 25th on The Noordam. When I inquired about past guest discount I was told that it is offered on select cruises and has not been offered yet on this cruise. Anyone have any real idea how this system works as to what cruises get selected and which one don't with regards to discounts?

Since you have sailed with HAL before you are considered a Mariner and receive a discount. Go here to read more and you can also find out your Mariner number (if you do not know or remember it) http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

Since you have sailed with HAL before you are considered a Mariner and receive a discount om all HAL cruises. Go to the link below to read more and you can also find out your Mariner number (if you do not know or remember it)

Mariner Society

All guests who sail with Holland America Line are automatically welcomed into the Mariner Society. As part of this family of past guests, you will receive special offers on upcoming cruises as well as insider information concerning new ships and

product enhancements. UNQUOTE

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

Since you have sailed with HAL before you are considered a Mariner and receive a discount om all HAL cruises. Go to the link below to read more and you can also find out your Mariner number (if you do not know or remember it)

Mariner Society

All guests who sail with Holland America Line are automatically welcomed into the Mariner Society. As part of this family of past guests, you will receive special offers on upcoming cruises as well as insider information concerning new ships and

product enhancements. UNQUOTE

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

Included in the bullet-benefits on that same page: Preferred pricing on many cruises.

So, HAL has worded it very carefully ... nowhere on that page does it state that discounts always are extended to Mariners for every cruise. Don't know what the magic formula might be in Seattle for Mariner benefits on any particular sailing, but it does not appear to be a case of discouns always offered on every cruise.

Included in the bullet-benefits on that same page: Preferred pricing on many cruises.

So, HAL has worded it very carefully ... nowhere on that page does it state that discounts always are extended to Mariners for every cruise. Don't know what the magic formula might be in Seattle for Mariner benefits on any particular sailing, but it does not appear to be a case of discouns always offered on every cruise.

I agree that the line you referenced is there! However, it specifically sates:

product enhancements.

I have no idea of what it would mean by the one line just below that:confused:. But, I take the above paragraph to mean just what it says... Just my opinion.

I agree that the line you referenced is there! However, it specifically sates:

product enhancements.

I have no idea of what it would mean by the one line just below that:confused:. But, I take the above paragraph to mean just what it says... Just my opinion.

Yes, I read what is on that page. And the indication that Mariners "will receive special offers on upcoming cruises" does not necessarily mean that HAL will offer Mariner discounts/pricing for each and every sailing. Nowhere on that page does it say Mariners pricing applies to all sailings.

I am not trying to be difficult or snarky, just reading between the lines and interpreting the manner in which HAL worded that page. Let's face it, HAL has some popular itineraries that sell well ... they also have a very large percentage of repeaters.

:) The discounts seem to apply to the cruises are are not selling that well.

Yup -- on my last cruise, I managed to grab a good price that was available BRIEFLY, and never saw the price go down after that. As far as I know, there are NO guarantees that Mariners get better pricing on every cruise. But we DO get lovely tiles

Yup -- on my last cruise, I managed to grab a good price that was available BRIEFLY, and never saw the price go down after that. As far as I know, there are NO guarantees that Mariners get better pricing on every cruise. But we DO get lovely tiles

And even first-timers get a canvas totebag!

On my online TA's site I am seeing the following prices for the Noordam.

On the 5th inside is starting at $999, outside at $1099, Balcony at $1399 and suite at $2099.

On the 25th inside is starting at $1099, outside at $1199, Balcony at $1499 and suite at $2199.

Check these against what HAL's site is offering.

I agree that HAL doesn't do a greatr job of rewarding previous passengers. We have over 100 days on HAL and love the cruises on its ships but really believe that HAL should update its frequent cruiser program to offer more and better benefits.

Have a great next cruise.

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but my cruise companions (3 of them) all have cruised on HAL before and we got a $9,200 cruise for about $1,300 a person. We are on the 9/18 Zaandam to Alaska...

Good luck finding out-please post your findings!

As a travel agent we frequently get emails from HAL saying “Special 3 day sale starts Wednesday, preview for Mariners begins Tuesday.” Take note that Tuesdays are the best days to get Mariner fares. As a Mariner I also get emails notifying me of these preview days. The Mariner magazines also have notices of the special fares. I’ve noticed that these special fares are usually the same as the group contract fares, so if you are booking with an agency that is holding group space the fare will be the same as the Mariner fare.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Pending Cruises:

HAL – Westerdam, September 6, 2009

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

We haven't had mariner discounts for years - I go in as a non mariner and check prices and then go in as a mariner and the prices are exactly the same. fortunately, our Ta gives us a discount or we wouldn't get any at all.

I have signed up for special offers but never hear about them except on CC - don't know what else I can do to hear about these specials.

We haven't had mariner discounts for years - I go in as a non mariner and check prices and then go in as a mariner and the prices are exactly the same. fortunately, our Ta gives us a discount or we wouldn't get any at all.

I have signed up for special offers but never hear about them except on CC - don't know what else I can do to hear about these specials.

Over 25 HAL cruises, no Mariner discount pricing for us!

catalina56

Archived