Visa for Vietnam?

cruisecruzer

I'm reading some of the posts and it says we need a visa for Vietnam. I also read that we would get the visa while onboard the ship before entering Vietnam.

Is it better to get the visa prior to boarding the ship? Is it less expensive and less of a hassle?

Thanks!

I'm reading some of the posts and it says we need a visa for Vietnam. I also read that we would get the visa while onboard the ship before entering Vietnam.

Is it better to get the visa prior to boarding the ship? Is it less expensive and less of a hassle?

Thanks!

Ship visa's are cheaper. You need a regular visa if you plan to travel off the ship, like I am doing, using sea day between Saigon and Danang to fly to Hanoi The cost is $65.00 from the embassy in Washington DC.

Who are you going with?

With RCCL they sort the Vietnam visa but there is a small charge but you fill the forms out onboard. The only VISA we needed to buy before the cruise was for China, we got a double entry and that was fine.

More info on the link in my signature, do check what they give you some people arrived in Singapore without a China VISA almost weren't allowed on the ship. :eek:

We are cruising on Diamond Princess this October, calling at two stops in Vietnam. The cruise line has informed us that they will obtain the necessary visa at a cost of $30 per person - far cheaper than getting your own. Had to obtain our own for China and the overall cost was £95 each for multiple entry.

Archived