Has anyone used All Around Italy Tours

LMAC2

Just did a transfer/ tour from port to Rome with Fabrizio for a group of 8. He is great! You can't help but like him. Great guide, on time, and good fun. We have used him on 3 trips and he is quite a character. So helpful with suggestions.

Good choice.

We have used All Around Italy at least 3 times on our cruises to Italy. Fabrizio is fabulous as are Francesco, Peppe and Alberto. They all have a lot of passion for their country and it is apparent in the way fabulous they conduct their tours.. they are all very knowledgeable and fun too! In October, we used All Around Italy for day tours from Civitavecchia and Livorno. We had 2 wonderful days and would highly recommend them for tours from a cruise or a land tour in Italy. :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone...

For budgetary purposes....

Can someone tell me about what an 8 hour tour of Rome would go for...and a nice tip?

I have contacted them..but my wife and I want to discuss this over the weekend.

Thanks!

Edited by dcarter4

My wife and I had a great time in Rome, Florence, and Piza with Fabrizio of All Around Italy. We did a Western Med Cruise on the Queen Elizabeth and had about 1.5 days in Rome prior to boarding and then a full day for Pisa and Florence when we ported in Livorno. Fabrizo also took us from Civitavecchia to the FCO airport at the conclusion of our Cruise. I choose to book private tours with All Around Italy in order to maximize the short time we had in Italy. Fabrizio did not disappoint and confirmed I made an excellent decision. We thoroughly enjoyed our tours with Fabrizio. He has excellent knowledge or Rome, Florence, and Pisa provided the historical context for all of the sights we went to. Fabrizio knows how to make the most of the time you have. He knows exactly where to go and park (which is very challenging!) and adjusts the tour agenda on the fly depending on how the day is going. He never makes you fell rushed while at the same time efficiently using the time available. Fabrizio speaks excellent english and is easy to talk to. His enthusiasm for Italy is contagious! My wife and I highly recommend All Around Italy!!!

Anyone...

Can someone tell me about what an 8 hour tour of Rome would go for...and a nice tip?

Thanks!

Hi I always use Fabrizio for everything in Italy, transfers from Airport to hotel, day trips while in Rome/Florence/Naples or day trips from cruise ships. The prices vary depending on what you use him for, how long, how much gas, and size of vehicle.

If you get a van which holds 8 very comfortably, 8 hours in Roma with a pick-up/drop off at the port might cost E750, depending whether you use him in other ports, I believe its negotiable. I tip him well always, for something like the above tour I would give him an extra 10-20E per person as a tip.

I adore Fabrizio, he is such a wonderful guide and knows so much about history, and people with him you don't really need to hire a separate guide so this saves a lot of money!

When you book a tour with him, he often will call you to make sure he has all the details covered, this is above and beyond the call of duty and just one more thing that makes him such a stand out!

Enjoy your journey with Fabrizio.

We had the best day with them. We were able to see so much of Rome. They were wasy to contact pre trip and very timely in getting back with us! Fabrizio was the BEST! It was like we knew him forever! You want to see Italy and learn about what you are seeing this is the company to use!!!

Fabrizio from All Around Italy is a great guide, a great businessman and friend. We used him for two tours while in cruise ship ports. Precruise tour in Civitavecchia and Amalfi coast and Pompeii from Naples. He is super nice, super knowledgeable and a REALLY nice guy. His prices are reasonable and worth every penny. We couldn't have asked for better days. His tours were a big part of our best cruise ever. We will definitely use him again when we go back to Italy. Thanks again Fabrizio.

Anyone...

Thanks!

I agree with Amelia.....

And Dwayne there are variables that make it difficult for me (and I think many others) to try and quote prices......

Things like number of people, where you want to go, how long you want to spend, are you doing just one city, entry fees, and other arrangements - such as additional tour guides you may need that may need to be set up......

Fabrizio and Mary worked with us for many weeks getting our 3 separate days set up and fine tuned, and we were extremely happy with the rates, and of course the overall experience. We never had any trouble communicating with them at all.

I for one do not feel comfortable trying to give you cost estimates with so many variables. I would highly suggest you determine what you want to see and do and then get quotes from other companies that offers similar tours. Then just ask them their pricing!

Edited by Buck1949

ALL AROUND ITALY/FABRIZIO ARE AWESOME!!

Just returned from Med Cruise thru Italy on 11/2/14. We were a party of 11-13 people and used the All Around Italy (AAI) team for our adventures for a second time... We had 3 port stops in Italy and we used AAI for all 3 ports--LaSpezia, Rome & Naples. We had the privelage of having Fabrizio in 2 ports... The knowledge & hospitality the AAI team provides is beyond expectation. They helped us get to amazing places & see/do amazing things... We will continue to refer AAI/Fabrizion to everyone who will listen. We look forward to going back & using AAI/Fabrizio again & again. We are so thankful to the AAI team for making heartfelt, longlasting memories for us. Go ahead...email Fabrizio w/ All Around Italy @ info@allarounditaly.net. Tell him Rhonda sent you... ;):)

We used all around Italy in August firm two days. We are so pleased with everything . It's was the best way to see Italy . Fabrizio was wonderful . He picked us up at the dock and tailored both days to fit our needs. We have passed his name on to other friends and family. And will use him again on our next trip to Italy

• 5 months later...

The highlight of our 30-day Mediterranean cruise was the 3-days we spent touring Italy with Fabrizzio (Florence/Pisa, Civitiveccia/Rome and Naples/Amalfi Coast and Pompeii (the latter with Adriano of All Around Italy). We were given the type of personal attention every day ... that was more than we could have hoped for! What a delight! --

The knowledge, personality and contacts of Fabrizzio are amazing. Each day was a 9-hour, port-to-port tour in a large, comfortable, new van. We traveled with 6-people so everyone could have a window, and the cost was well below what we would have paid for a large, impersonal bus excursion offered by the cruise lines. With Fabrizzio and the smaller van, we could go places and see things that the large bus tours couldn't get near.

We've been on a lot of cruises and taken a lot of tours, but, these three days were the best we've ever experienced. All Around Italy/Fabrizzio is a highly reputable company and one can feel confident and comfortable booking tours in advance with them. I couldn't recommend them more highly!!

• 1 month later...

I just got back from 12 days in Rome, we used Fabrizio's company allarounditaly for transfers to and from the Airport which made our flight and transition to Rome so easy. On the way to Rome we got a mini tour which of course took our breath away as Rome always insights deep feelings of connection. We are so grateful for Fabrizio as always, he is reliable, responsible, and always full of good cheer.

I am coming back to Rome in 8 weeks and will once again use this company for transfers and a tour; I am taking my cousin to Rome for a day before we get on the Royal Princess for our TA cruise. Can't wait...

This review is so long over due as we hired Fabrizio last summer (2014) when our family of five embarked on a Mediterranean cruise. We hired Fabrizio for our Rome and Naples stops and, like everyone else's reviews, he is so full of life and loves his country! What made him extraordinary for us was his typical Italian style with the hands flying as he talked and the way he engaged our three teenage kids. Having somewhat "millennial American" names (translation = not common) that Fabrizio could seem to remember, he renamed our kids with typical Italian names that cracked up my kids each and every time he called out to them. To this day, my son Vaughn still gets called "Jimmy Ceasar!" here and there and we all have happy memories.

In Rome, Fabrizio hooked us up with Juliette (I believe....) to tour the Vatican. Not being religious people, let alone Catholic, my kids were skeptical as to how much they would get out of this tour. I cannot tell you how engaging and perfectly, historically interesting she made our tour and our entire family was caught up in every word she had to say!

Naples and the Amalfi coast is always one of my favorite stops for the obvious visual delight that the coast is! However, my kids still rave that the lunch Fabrizio took us to in Portofino - Luigi's - was the best lunch they have ever had! Of course the view was to die for and Luigi was always at our table checking in on us, but the food amazed us in both taste and QUANTITY! We sat down and we were served huge amounts of bruschetta and then pizza. We ate to our fill and thought, "how delicious, what a great meal, let's go!" Except then they came out with huge bowls of pasta and lasagna! Despite our being fully satiated by what we were then realizing was the appetizer, they served up full plates to each of us. We are generally light eaters, but Luigi and his family were serving, so we didn't want to be rude. Again we started to eat, BUT IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD, it was worth the stuffing of our bellies!!! ha ha If you can imagine, the food continued! The pasta was followed by the best gelato and fresh fruit Luigi must have had delivered straight from the gods! Lastly, each one of us, from my 13 year old to my 18 year old, was served a small shot of Limoncello! Of course that is an acquired taste and the kids didn't care for it, so I was not worried and they got to experience Italy in its entirety!

On top of all of these experiences that Fabrizio shared with us, we saw the most authentic and typical sights of Rome and the Amalfi coast. Fabrizio shared some amazing stories and I actually thought he was being a little boastful when he was saying how he knows people all over the country, until we stepped out of our very comfortable tour van a few times and he was greeted with people shouting excitedly "Hey Fabrizio!!!" Apparently Fabrizio is very loved by both the tourists and the Italians! We would definitely recommend him and use him again when back in Italy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We toured with Fabrizio in August of 2015 and it was absolutely THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!! He picked us up at our ship for a tour of the Amalfi Coast. We were a group of six friends from Los Angeles. On three prior trips to Italy we tried to get Fabrizio, but he was always booked....this time we were LUCKY!!!!! His car was comfortable and clean and his driving on those curvy roads was perfect. We visited three small villages and had a memorable lunch in Positano at a restaurant called Constantino. It was a fabulous day. He is warm, personable, caring and thoughtful....we HIGHLY RECOMMEND him. If you are lucky enough to tour with Fabrizio, it will truly be a day you will never forget. WE LOVE HIM!!!!!

Our family of 4 loved touring with Fabrizio in 2009, when we visited the Amalfi Coast, Rome, and Florence from the ports of Naples, Civitavecchia, and Livorno. We were fortunate enough to get him for a return visit this August from the port of Civitavecchia to Tivoli (Villa d'Este and Villa Adriana). Once again, Fabrizio went above and beyond the call of duty in our tour. He puts his customers first above all considerations, and he feels like he's part of the family. I will certainly feel lucky to tour with him again, if the occasion ever arises.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We first met Fabrizio in 2013. We cruised into Civitevecchia and Livorno. Fabrizio was waiting for us at each port and transported us to some of the best spots you will see in Italy. We had particularly requested to 'go country' rather than stay in the big cities amongst the summer crowds. Fabrizio looked after us so well, that we went with his great company again this year. Once again he collected us from both ports and we saw different areas. Fabrizio is very engaging and nothing is too much trouble. His company responds quickly to requests and queries and you always know that you are going to have a great day out. Our time in port is carefully managed and we know that Fabrizio and his very personable drivers will get us back in plenty of time before sailaway. I recommend Fabrizio's company:

info@allarounditaly.net

very highly. You will not be disappointed :)

• Like 1

We just returned from cruising to the Western Mediterranean on Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas. On our stop in Civitavecchia, or Rome, Fabrizio met us at the dock for another wonderful adventure in his home country of Italy. We have used him several times over the years and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an informative tour guide who is both knowledgeable and entertaining. He has always made us feel like family. Since his company goes all over Italy, he will meet your cruise ship, your plane or meet you at your hotel to take you where you want to go for a tour. This trip, we wanted to get away from Rome to see the Umbria region. He took us to see the charming city of Orvieto which was built on top of an ancient civilization that used underground tunneling for both storage and defense. The other little Etruscan town he took us to was on top of a very steep hill that we had to hike up to on a paved walkway. The view was spectacular. Fabrizio seems to know the best places to go to help the traveler experience some of the well preserved hidden gems of his beloved country. This company is the best. See http://www.allarounditaly.net

Just finished a great cruise on Celebrity's Silhouette where I organized 2 excursions with All Around Italy, plus used them for airport transfers. As is evident from the reviews above, this is a great company with fantastic tour guides.

Our first port of call was Napoli and we were lucky to have Adriano as our guide. He proved to be a very good driver along the winding roads to Positano and Sorrento as well as both knowledgeable and entertaining along the way. He kept up a steady stream of information, songs, chatter, jokes and history that our entire group of 8 fell in love with him. We not only had a marvelous time on this tour but it set a nice tone and a high water mark for the start of our cruise.

Later in Florence we had Sabrina as our guide and her abilities matched her beauty as she drove us around the countryside. We enjoyed a nice trip to Pisa and later to Florence. She shared a great deal of information with us and as we finished up a bit early she volunteered to take us back to the ship through county roads so we could take in the Tuscany vineyards. Even included a side stop at a lovely Gelato shop where we all agreed we had the best gelato of the entire trip.

On our last day in Rome we had the pleasure of meeting Fabrizio, the owner, as he picked us up for the ride to the airport. He was a most engaging man and when he found out we had extra time to catch our plane he included an impromptu tour of early morning Rome which alloed us to see many sights we had missed. Another superb tour evolved and we were sad to say goodbye when we reached the airport.

Do not hesitate to book with All Around Italy as they are clearly the best company with excellent personalized service and great informative guides. But book early as with all these wonderful reviews they will fill up their tours quickly.;)

• 5 weeks later...