Has anyone used All Around Italy Tours

LMAC2

We just returned from a Princess TA Cruise, which was wonderful. We had the privilege of having Fabrizio owner of All Around Italy be are guide in both Florence and Rome, for the third time. Fabrizio helped us arrange transport from our ship to our hotel and we had two wonderful days of touring in Rome. Then he arranged our transport to the airport. All the vehicles were new and very clean. Fabrizio, at our request, arranged wonderful English speaking guides at the Coloseum and Vatican. Fabrizio is a wonderful guide, speaks great English as well as Italian, has a wonderful and funny personality. He is the most competent and caring guide we have ever had in Italy. If you are considering a private tour in Italy, I would give All Around Italy a 5 Star review for his and his company. Plus you will enjoy as a bonus his wonderful sense of humor

We just returned from a Princess TA Cruise, which was wonderful. We had the privilege of having Fabrizio owner of All Around Italy be are guide in both Florence and Rome, for the third time. Fabrizio helped us arrange transport from our ship to our hotel and we had two wonderful days of touring in Rome. Then he arranged our transport to the airport. All the vehicles were new and very clean. Fabrizio, at our request, arranged wonderful English speaking guides at the Coloseum and Vatican. Fabrizio is a wonderful guide, speaks great English as well as Italian, has a wonderful and funny personality. He is the most competent and caring guide we have ever had in Italy. If you are considering a private tour in Italy, I would give All Around Italy a 5 Star review for his and his company. Plus you will enjoy as a bonus his wonderful sense of humor

Thank you so much for this! We have booked All Around Italy for the three port days in Italy and have the pleasure of Farizio's company for 2 out of the 3 days. My hubby keeps saying his name with a lot of umph! So funny, but I hope he doesn't do it in front of him. LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Sabrina. We also had her in Tuscany. One of the hilltop villages, Monteriggioni, had a wonderful shop with local wine and all kinds of local Italian products. This is where I stocked up on wine for the ship and goodies to take home.

Fabrizio has a great sense of humor and will keep you laughing all day. Make sure he takes you to da Costantino for lunch in Positano. The food is delish and the view priceless.

Edited by Carolyn R

Never used them...I was in Italy in May and used another company which answered right away. I don't think you should waste your time with someone who doesn't!!! I mean, after all it's in their best interest!

I've had great results with their correspondence. They're great! Can't wait to meet them. :)

I am trying to reserve Fabrizio for the 2015 World Cruise which I just booked! He is so popular you need to book him the second you know you'll be in Italy. I hope a year and 7 months is enough time, am waiting to hear from him...I hope he is not already taken!

Edited by ibfern
spelling, what else!

I loved Sabrina. We also had her in Tuscany. One of the hilltop villages, Monteriggioni, had a wonderful shop with local wine and all kinds of local Italian products. This is where I stocked up on wine for the ship and goodies to take home.

Fabrizio has a great sense of humor and will keep you laughing all day. Make sure he takes you to da Costantino for lunch in Positano. The food is delish and the view priceless.

A friend and I will be in Livorno in October. Both of us have been to Florence....I would like to see some other parts of Tuscany, but she wants specifically to look for leather goods. Would this area have leather like in Florence. If we go our separate ways then both of us may be stuck doing ship tours (just for economic reasons). Thanks

We booked All Around Italy for a private tour for my husband and I in May 2013. Fabrizio picked up us from our cruise port in Civitavecchia and drove us to Rome. We had the most amazing day and he was very flexible with hitting the highlights that we wanted to see. We had friends on the cruise that chose the Carnival excursion. They only got to see a fraction of the places that we got to see and they paid almost as much as we did. Just like everyone else has said, Fabrizio is funny, kind, and entertaining. He also knows his history and can tell you about all of the sites. One of my favorite things is that he has books that show what the Roman ruins currently look like and what they used to look like. So we would pull up to a new site and he would show us the old and new. That made it all soooo much easier to comprehend what we were looking at! All Around Italy made our day in Rome amazing and I plan on using them in future as well!

Here is their website to get information:

http://www.allarounditaly.net/

They responded to all of my emails quickly and they did not ask for a deposit. You can book this company with confidence that you will get your money's worth and have an amazing day!!!!

A friend and I will be in Livorno in October. Both of us have been to Florence....I would like to see some other pacts of Tuscany, but she wants specifically to look for leather goods. Would this area have leather like in Florence. If we go our separate ways then both of us may be stuck doing ship tours (just for economic reasons). Thanks

It would certainly be possible to do both. You could go leather shopping in the morning then tour some of the villages or a winery in Tuscany. Their tours are totally customizable. I'm sure they could point you to the best places for your purchases too. Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? That is the best place to get people to join your tour and keep the cost down. Fabrizio's vans are new Mercedes that hold eight passengers and the cost is way cheaper and so much better than the cruise ship tours. There are lots of good tour companies in Italy but my first choice is All Around Italy if they are available.

It would certainly be possible to do both. You could go leather shopping in the morning then tour some of the villages or a winery in Tuscany. Their tours are totally customizable. I'm sure they could point you to the best places for your purchases too. Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? That is the best place to get people to join your tour and keep the cost down. Fabrizio's vans are new Mercedes that hold eight passengers and the cost is way cheaper and so much better than the cruise ship tours. There are lots of good tour companies in Italy but my first choice is All Around Italy if they are available.

Thanks for the answer. I have joined our roll call, but so far only two others. They are first timers to the region so I am urging them to go to Florence. Maybe closer to the cruise we will have others.

A friend and I will be in Livorno in October. Both of us have been to Florence....I would like to see some other parts of Tuscany, but she wants specifically to look for leather goods. Would this area have leather like in Florence. If we go our separate ways then both of us may be stuck doing ship tours (just for economic reasons). Thanks

Fabrizio is taking us to Siena, Volterra, and a few other interesting cities in October as well. Fabrizio can figure out a way to please both of you--he does well with those kinds of issues. I bet Siena has leather!

Just returned home from a cruise and the best days were the ones we planned with All Around Italy (oned by Fabrizio) in Naples, Civiitavechia, and Livorno. Fabrizio entertained us in Naples (Amalfi coast) and he arranged for our tour of Pompeii with a guide who shared her expertise and love of the ruins. In Civitavechia, we had Pepe as our guide for Tuscania and Tarquinia with deep knowledge of the Etruscans. And in Livorno, Sabrina led us around and knew exactly how to get us around. All Around Italy is an excellent company that I highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Just returned home from a cruise and the best days were the ones we planned with All Around Italy (oned by Fabrizio) in Naples, Civiitavechia, and Livorno. Fabrizio entertained us in Naples (Amalfi coast) and he arranged for our tour of Pompeii with a guide who shared her expertise and love of the ruins. In Civitavechia, we had Pepe as our guide for Tuscania and Tarquinia with deep knowledge of the Etruscans. And in Livorno, Sabrina led us around and knew exactly how to get us around. All Around Italy is an excellent company that I highly recommend.

I've never used Sabrina but I met her and she seemed very nice when we bumped into her in Tuscany.

• Like 1

All Around Italy is a fabulous service. We used them in Naples, Civitavecchia and Livorno (Pisa and Florence.) The guides were waiting for us as we disembarked the ship each morning and there were no worries about getting back to the ship on time. We were always back to the ship at least 90 minutes or more before it sailed. There was no waiting in lines to get back on the ship either like the busloads of ship's excursions, which was a pleasure.

We had 3 different tour guides, each being an expert in that port. Each spoke English well and was personable, actually charming, wanting to please and be sure that we saw the most important sites. Plus we had a guide for Pompeii who noticeably loved the ruin and readily wanted to share her expertise. The vans were up to date and comfortable. The guides as drivers were excellent which was very important as I am a nervous passenger.

We were very happy with this company and recommend it highly.

• Like 1

I went on tours in Naples Livorno and Cittavehia with carol with all around ityaly tours, we had a wonderful time and the company went out of their way to make sure we all had a great time. I would recommend this company to anyone and would difinately use them again if I was ever lucky enough to be in europe again

• Like 1

I can thoroughly recommend All Around Italy tours.

We have just come off the Royal Princess' maiden cruise yesterday. Within a few months of booking our cruise I had contacted All Around Italy for a private shore excursion from the ports of Livorno and Civitavecchia. It was a no brainer for me. I arranged a mini van with All Around Italy tours for 8 people and had no problem filling the van with eager participants.

Livorno.

The fabulous Fabrizio was our guide and driver from Livorno and he took us to Pisa where we had a comprehensive but fun intro to the area before we were let loose for about half an hour. We then drove through the beautiful Tuscan countryside stopping for a rest break and a cappucino and then a winery with beautiful country views.

It was then onto Florence where we stopped for a fantastic vista of Florence from the hill of Arcetri before proceeding to Piazza San Croce and we had about 25 mins free time to visit the church or wander around the Piazza.

Back in the van we then headed to the Duomo, ie, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore with its amazing marble clad walls. I have no idea how anyone can drive around these narrow streets let alone find a car park, but Fabrizio did … there was no way a large coach could go where we went in Florence so we were able to park close to the sites resulting in little time spent getting from A to B.

We had more than an hour to explore this beautiful church, bell tower and Baptistry. My other half and I decided to check out the local markets as well as some gorgeous bakeries to take small gifts back to the crew. The markets at San Lorenzo were just a short walk nearby and we grabbed a beautiful Panini and ate it on our walk. We could have sat down and eaten it but we would rather walk and eat and see something new than spend time in a restaurant when there are new sites to see.

We met up with Fabrizio again at the appointed time and then visited a very old church off the main streets which we would never have seen without him to guide us. This old church from the 12th Century had beautiful fresco paintings and was quite special. We had a short walk to Piazza della Signoria and then had 45 mins to explore this area and / or to go to Ponte Vecchio. We all met up with Fabrizio after that and had the best gelato in a near by shop before heading back to the ship.

As organiser of this shore excursion, I was keen to hear what my travel companions liked and they all agreed they had enough information to appreciate what they were seeing without getting information overload. They also very much appreciated the amount of free time which allowed each couple or individual to explore on their own.

We were all first time visitors to Florence and what we did on this shore excursion gave us a great overview of the city of Florence. We took Fabrizio's advice to try not to pack too much into the day and to relax and enjoy it. He was totally right and we were all very much appreciative of that advice - why race around trying to get to all the "must see" sites with only 9 hours or so all up from ship to Florence and return? Instead we chose to have time to stop, look, listen and taste the gelato on the way...and all for a very reasonable price.

Civitiavecchia

At the next port, Civitiavecchia, I organised another excursion and Pepe was our guide. On this excursion we had different people with us - a total of 8 all up. Pepe's knowledge of history and the Umbrian countryside is amazing. We saw far more on this excursion than anyone on a ship's shore excursion did, and all at a pace that we were very comfortable with.

For example tucked away in a little village we saw a church with a crypt dating back to the 7th Century. This unassuming church from the outside had authentic untouched fresco paintings and beautiful marble floors.

We stopped for great scenic views over the beautiful Umbrian countryside as well as going to the Etruscan caves at Orvieto, a wonderful old village high on a hill in Umbria. From there we went to Bagnoregio and then to Civita de Bagnoregio - a village sited atop a mountain accessible by a walk across a long bridge which became steep, but doable for 5 in our party of 8 who wanted to go to the village with spectacular views.

For both shore excursions we had fantastic guides, we really had a great day, beautiful scenery, terrific bunch of people.

Thank you very much All Around Italy - IMO if you don't use this company you are missing out on something special.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Serenade of Seas Med cruise and can also highly recommend All around Italy. We used this professional team in Livorno to tour Pisa and Florence(Fabrizzio), Rome with Alex and guide Barbara in Colosseum and Vatican and Salerno with Memo for a wonderful drive along the Amalfi coast visiting Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento and then a tour with a guide in Pompei. We found all the drivers to be very informative and safe, the vans very clean and modern. Our 3 days with this company were brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently went on a cruise in Europe and used All Around Italy for a private tour of Rome with 17 of our family members. Fabrizio, our tour guide and owner, was prompt, fun, knowledgeable, and professional. We saw everything we wanted to see (Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, The Colisseum, and then a private tour of the Vatican that he arranged for us as well. He also took us to an authentic spot in Rome for delicious Italian pizza at very affordable price. He got us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare and entertained us the whole time. Highly recommend hiring this company for tour vs doing the ship excursion. We had VIP access to everything.

• 4 weeks later...

We used All around Italy tours this summer out of Rome and had a great time. Emails were answered promptly and Fabrizio met us as scheduled. He took us to see Etruscan ruins and then lunch (which was delicious) near the Castle Ceri. He was knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely use him when we return to Italy.:)

Just out of curiosity...

I've read that tipping etiquette is different in Europe than it is here in the US.

What kind of tip did you give to the driver and or tour guides? Roughly about how much per person or as a group?

Thanks!

We did a private tour for 4 hours and it cost 400 euro. We went to the Etruscan Lands, Ceri Castle and lunch. We were picked up and dropped off at the port in Civitavecchia right at the ship. When I was looking the prices seemed to be for the tour not per person.

It was only my husband and I, but the van could have held more 2-3 more. When we go on tours my husband usually give 10 euro to the guide. I'm not sure what he gave Fabrizio when he took us. His van was air conditioned, he was very knowledgeable about the area. We paid to get in the museum but he bought us coffee and a snack. The restaurant we want to for lunch was excellent with a fabulous view!

They are very good about getting back to you promptly, just remember the time difference when you email them. :)

Gerii

We did a private tour for 4 hours and it cost 400 euro. We went to the Etruscan Lands, Ceri Castle and lunch. We were picked up and dropped off at the port in Civitavecchia right at the ship. When I was looking the prices seemed to be for the tour not per person.

It was only my husband and I, but the van could have held more 2-3 more. When we go on tours my husband usually give 10 euro to the guide. I'm not sure what he gave Fabrizio when he took us. His van was air conditioned, he was very knowledgeable about the area. We paid to get in the museum but he bought us coffee and a snack. The restaurant we want to for lunch was excellent with a fabulous view!

They are very good about getting back to you promptly, just remember the time difference when you email them. :)

Gerii

Thank you for the info!