Has anyone used All Around Italy Tours

LMAC2

Thanks all of you for the great reviews. We will be cruising the Med next May and someone on our roll call is setting up an excursion in Naples to the Amalfi coast with this company. Do you pay when the tour is over just like most of the other tour companies? Thanks.

Unless their process has changed - you will pay and tip at the end of the day. You will love that area. If they take you to the top to the Ristorante da Constantino for lunch, it is an outstanding restaurant. The views are great, and food delicious. Well worth it !!!!

We also used this company for Florence and Rome....best tour company we have ever used in all of our travels.

Edited by Buck1949

Thanks so much buck1949! We will sign up on our roll call. So looking forward to the Amalfi coast and also our Med cruise.

All Around Italy is fantastic. Try and get Fabrizio as the guide. He is the owner and gets booked early. Or, Adriano is also a superb guide and his stories and jokes will entertain you all day. Plus the sights!

Enjoy,

Jeff

I used All Around Italy many times, and always had great service. Fabrizio knows all about Italy and it's history. He will take you to small out of way places. He has picked us up in Naples, the next day in Rome, then Livorno on the same trip. We have used him since 2009 and used him over 15 times always greets us with a smile. He picked us up on my wifes birthday and brought flowers.

I highly recommend him.

David

• 7 months later...

We just came back from a Mediterranean cruise and we used All Around Italy for a tour of the Amalfi Coast. They were great, best tour company we have ever used! The driver knew his way around, told us the history, etc and he was a great entertainer! He has us laughing a lot! He was there on time waiting for us to get off the ship and got us back in time to board. I would definitely use them again!

Well, it sounds like all of you got lucky. I sent two emails to this company in planning excursions for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and never got a response. Very disappointing (and yes, I did check my spam, just in case). We've booked with another company.

That is unfortunate. When we planned our trip - they were very responsive to emails and any questions all the time. That is totally not like them. Interestingly I had communications with the owner Fabrizio just last Monday. His tours were the best we have ever taken in all our travels.

• Like 1

Well, it sounds like all of you got lucky. I sent two emails to this company in planning excursions for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and never got a response. Very disappointing (and yes, I did check my spam, just in case). We've booked with another company.

They responded to us immediately with all emails. Did you have the right email? They were the best tour company we've ever used!

• Like 1

I know it is too late for you now...but for future reference (and just in case).... this information may be helpful...

Fabrizio's company is beyond any we have ever used...a shame it did not work out for you...

Hopefully you did get the right company...there are a few companies out there that are using some of the All Around Italy' information and quotes...for example......

https://www.walksofitaly.com/blog/all-around-italy

The real company email address is: info@allarounditaly.net

• Like 1

Our group of four used All Around Italy for three days in May on our port stops to Naples, Rome and Livorno. We toured the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii the first day joined by four others via our roll call. In Rome it was just our group of four where we saw all of the major sites. Then for Florence a group of eight again enjoyed Pisa, the leather market, a winery and the Statue of David. I cannot say enough about this company. Fabrizio is absolutely fabulous and everyone in our groups loved him. He was accommodating, informative and so funny. He even stopped and bought umbrellas for our group when we hit some rainy spots in Florence, found us restrooms on short notice and arranged an amazing, yet economical lunch in Rome. I arranged tours at all of our 10 ports of call and none of them compare to Fabrizio. Make sure you contact allarounditaly.net to get the right company. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

We had such a great time with Fabrizio, and were lucky enough to have his brother Valentino along with us as well. It was a fabulous time. We had All Around Italy pick us up from the airport, take us on an all day excursion to Orvieto and Assisi, then drive us around Rome for a day, take us around Rome at Night, and finally drive us to the port to take a cruise. Completely professional but had us laughing all the time. Wonderful driver and even better company while driving. I think I drove him crazy because I had so many places I wanted to see in a day, but he managed to do it all and with a smile on his face! Rome at Night is a must - it was a highlight of our whole vacation, including the 12 day cruise. Valentino was even able to get us through the crowds to the front of the Trevi fountain to throw in our coins. We can't wait to go back and see both of the brothers again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our group of 7 recently cruised on the new ship the Carnival Vista on June 11th,2016. We were 2 teenagers,18 and 16,1 25 year old 2 parents,50 something and 2 grandparents in our 70's.Right away you can see it could be a challenge to keep everyone in this group happy but Fabrizio from All Around Italy did it and did a great job.

We had all been to Rome and Livorno(Pisa and Lucca) in the past and I decided it was time to see something else so I contacted Fabrizio the owner of All Around Italy for suggestions.

On June 13th Fabrizio picked us up at 8 am in Livorno and we all piled in to his spotless van for our all day tour.We headed first to San Gimignano a place we had never been and it was absolutely charming.Next we traveled to Florence because only my husband and I had been there previously. We ate lunch in Florence at a pizza place which though not fancy it was fine for our busy day.Fabrizio was right there to pick us up and keep us laughing all the way back to the ship on time of course.

The next day there was Fabrizio again when we exited to ship in Civitavecchia and we were all off to Orvieto. We shopped in this charming hilltop town and had a wonderful lunch at a very nice restaurant that I will never forget.The food was fantastic! My husband and I had Truffle Lasagna and I never in my life had anything so fantastic.yum yum. I wish I could have it now.Everybody was very happy with everything they had for lunch. What a great choice of a restaurant. We left Orvieto and headed to Tarquinia where we toured the Etruscan burial sites and after that we headed to the museum. We stopped for delicious gelato at a place right next to the museum.We headed back to the ship and said a sad goodbye to Fabrizio. We all absolutely loved him. What a great guy.

Fabrizio was able to get us very close to all the attractions which was important to my husband and I with our somewhat limited mobility.He was always there waiting for us at our meeting places.Fabrizio is very knowledgable about Italy history and he was able to keep our whole group amused and engaged for both days.Not a easy task with such a diverse age group.Considering the different ages he sure did a great job.Plus that he is one of the funniest people I have ever met and the rest of our group thought he was too. We ALL laughed a lot in those 2 days.We have traveled to Europe now 16 times and Fabrizio is the best guide we have ever had in all those trips.The tours were 600 euro each day which included a 50 euro discount for booking multiple tours.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to report to you how fabulous our tour was with Fabrizio (All Around Italy) to Bracciano, Ceverteri, and Ceri. Fabrizio is FABULOUS. He has a great sense of humor to match his knowledge of history and information about the areas. He made it extremely easy to meet up at the cruise port, and was very accomodating to our group of 8 ALL DAY. We had been to Rome in the past, so these locations were nice to visit for the day. Fabrizio is a very connected tour guide - he takes you to the best of places, with no lines because he has all tickets purchased, and you will enjoy the best of the best lunches in a local restaurant. Stop thinking about it and BOOK THIS GUIDE. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I am using Fabrizio again to visit Paestum out of Naples, can't wait. Did you know that he also offers transfers from the airport? As you know I am a huge fan and it would not be a real visit to Italy if Fabrizio is not part of my experience! I'll say it, I just love him! :halo:

Hi all,

I am using Fabrizio again to visit Paestum out of Naples, can't wait. Did you know that he also offers transfers from the airport? As you know I am a huge fan and it would not be a real visit to Italy if Fabrizio is not part of my experience! I'll say it, I just love him! :halo:

Great choice. We used him and he was by far the best we have ever used in Europe. In a word "Outstanding" !

Great choice. We used him and he was by far the best we have ever used in Europe. In a word "Outstanding" !

Its so funny, being with Fabrizio is an experience in itself, and for me the most fun. Oh and then add visiting amazing places in Italy and its magic. He is smart, knowledgeable, hip, a great driver, safe, silly, funny, with it, and just an all around great guy! I almost look more forward to seeing him than to touring!

Its been over a year since I last saw him, I need a "shot" of Fabrizio allaroundItaly!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We had the pleasure to spend 2 full days of touring and 3 transfers with Fabrizio and Valentino of Allarounditaly. From our initial meetings with each of the brothers to our final goodbye to Fabrizio in Civitavecchia, we were entertained, educated, fed and treated not only like VIPs but like family.

As a blended group of two families we made a group of 7 for private tours of Rome.

On our first day of touring, with Valentino, we started out from the lobby of our hotel and visited most of the highlights of Rome, even travelling a bit farther from the city centre to see an original segment of the Appian Way and visit the Catacomb of Callixtus.

Getting an early start, we were fortunate to see so many of the sites with very small crowds. We had Piazza Navona almost to ourselves and there was only a light crowd at the Colosseum when we entered. At each stop, Valentino got us right to the edge of the action and gave us detailed instructions on how to make the most of our visit at each stop.

On the second day, our focus was to tour Vatican City. Fabrizio arranged for us to have a private guide inside the Vatican Museum, St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter’s Square. Our guide was thorough, knowledgeable, flexible and kind. Having a private guide made for a much more rich experience in Vatican City.

After the Vatican, we went to a restaurant where Fabrizio had taken the liberty of ordering us a wonderful lunch with plenty of food, wine, limoncello and espresso. Our meal was amazing and plentiful. There was a seemingly endless flow of food arriving at our table. Fabrizio even ensured our daughter who is a vegetarian could thoroughly enjoy the feast! Having a meal after visiting the Vatican was a welcome break and a chance to take a breather during a very full day of touring.

The remainder of our second day of touring was spent travelling around the city and touring some off the beaten track locations far away from the crowds. Fabrizio made us feel like we were family as he personally showed us Rome, a city that he so truly loves.

Our final arrangement with Fabrizio was our transfer from our hotel to the Roma Cruise Port in Civitavecchia. Transporting 7 people and all their luggage for an 11 day cruise is no easy feat, but once again we were personally taken care of by Fabrizio who made our trip to the port fly by as he entertained us with personal anecdotes and highlighted the history of the region throughout our drive out from the city.

We had arranged a third tour of Florence and Pisa with Fabrizio, from Livorno, the first port stop on our cruise. However, an itinerary change for our cruise meant we had to change our plans and cancel that tour. We know that after developing a close relationship with the brothers that our tour of Florence and Pisa would have been an unforgettable experience.

We would like to thank Fabrizio and Valentino for showing us Rome through the eyes of a local. We would highly recommend Fabrizio and Valentino for your explorations of Rome and any shore excursions you may find on their website. These guys are the best.

• Like 1

I also recently had the pleasure of using All Around Italy again on my cruise this past spring. I was with my friends Tom and Mary of Tom's Port Guides when we disembarked in Civitavecchia. We had 12 people and their luggage share two vans, Fabrizio driving one, and his brother Valentino the other. The port was really chaotic and we were happy to be whisked away from all the confusion. Our main goals were a drive to Orvieto and drop off at various hotels in Rome. Tom and Mary were dropped at a B&B near the airport. You can read all about our adventure in a new installment of Tom's Port Guides. During the course of the day we also made a visit to Civita Bognoreggio where we just stopped at the overlook and had a coffee break. The field of red poppies everywhere were amazing at this time of year! We spent a good three hours in Orvieto and had time for a nice lunch with wine. It was a great way to end our cruise.

After our stay in Rome, Valentino took us to the airport at 6:30 am, handled all our luggage, and even ran to get us luggage carts at the airport.

I highly recommend All Around Italy! They are a locally-owned company and their service is outstanding.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We were a party of 2 couples, traveling to Rome for 4 days before a 12 day Med cruise. We used All Around Italy for 3 transfers (from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port, and from the port to the airport); 3 days of tours in Rome, a tour to Florence, and a port tour from Naples. We were very satisfied with the excellent service provided from start to finish! Prior to the trip, Mary was very prompt and efficient answering eMails and helping to set up the different tours and timing for each. Valentino and Fabrizio were awesome guides - very knowledgeable about the history and sights, friendly, personable, and excellent drivers (not an easy feat in Italy!). We used the company’s guides for the Vatican and Pompeii and they were terrific too. It was a very helpful service to provide as it cut down on waiting in lines as well as providing interesting information. Take their suggestions for dining - you won’t regret it! Delicious and convenient! They were open to making any itinerary changes we wanted and we were happy to follow their advice. (Follow me!) Valentino was so adorable and helpful! Fabrizio was so funny and really knew what he was doing. He got us into a museum prior to our appointment so that our day flowed more smoothly just using his charm. We really felt like we made a friend for life. We will definitely be using All Around Italy next time we are in Italy!

• Like 1

I forgot to add that the vehicles were all very nice, clean, and comfortable! They even switched between several different vehicles to what they thought would be most comfortable or work best for us depending on where we were going! I thought that was a very nice touch! What a great trip we had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All Around Italy and Fabrizio...These are just two of the very best reasons to go to Italy. I had used Fabrizio several times in the past..friends were going on a cruise in October and asked me to help them plan some shore excursions. There was no one else I would ever use so I made connections with All Around Italy for them. They are prompt to answer all questions, so knowledgeable and so accommodating. When the tours to Florence and Rome were planned...I was jealous...I wanted to experience Fabrizio and his drivers again...so I joined them. I am so glad I did.

Our tour in Florence was magical. Valentina was amazing. So very pleasant to be with. The laughs were continual. and she really knows her "stuff". Even the restaurant she brought us to was superb.

Fabrizio took us to Rome..the ride to Rome was informative and amusing. He had my group in love with him from the first minute. Now they knew why we had loved him before. He had the most amazing private guide for us at the Vatican who made the experience even more fantastic. We aren't an easy group but he was great...he went with our last minute changes...so patient. He even remembered my late husband and told a few stories of his memories of him. Fabrizio has heart, warmth and is the best at what her does.

I've been travelling to Europe for years and I always compare other tour companies and guides to Fabrizio and All Around Italy ...few compare!

• 5 months later...

We just got finished using All around Italy for the 2nd time. Used them in 3 ports of call in Italy. They were just as good if not better then when we used them last year. Fabrizio is a fantastic guide and driver. They set us up with special guides in 3 locations who were also excellent. The van was clean and comfortable and I can not say enough nice things about the company and Fabrizio. If you visit the colosseum see if they can have Pepe be your guide. He is so knowledgeable. We will use them again the next time we are in Italy

• 4 weeks later...

We just recently returned from a cruise on Celebrity Reflections and used AAI, all around Italy, for our transfers to and from the cruise ship. We booked for 6 and had ample room for all our luggage, one couple was staying at a different hotel but there was no issue going and picking them up at no extra charge. We had Fabrizio drive us and he kept us in stitches with his running commentary.

Upon disembarkation, we had Fabrizio pick us up. It is a bit of a zoo coming off the ship but Fabrizio was there waiting for us so was an easy

process getting out of the port. We had decided to stay overnight in Fiumicino before flying home. I booked our transfer as a tour/transfer from cruise ship to Fiumicino. We went to Civita di Bagnoregio and Orvieto.

It was a great tour with Fabrizio taking us on the back roads to see the country side. Fabrizio gave us ample time to explore C.d.Bagnoregio which was an amazing place to see sitting on top of a mountain. It was a bit of a walk up but even the one person with mobility issues, walks with a cane, made it up. Then it was off to Orvieto, Fabrizio took us to get our tickets for the cave/ tunnel visit. Only 3 of us went the other 3 wandered around the town and had lunch. Well we certainly were impressed with the cave tour. Should warn you there are a lot of stairs.

Fabrizio also took us to another walled town of which I can’t remember the name. He explained the town to us and showed us the amazing view of country side and then gave us time to explore the town.

When we got to Fiumicino the one couple found they did not have a reservation due to their credit card being compromised just prior to the trip. Fabrizio was very good at waiting till they booked into another hotel and then drove them to their accommodation.

It was most enjoyable dealing with Fabrizio and highly recommend his service.

• 4 weeks later...

We have also used my friend Fabrizio at All Around Italy a few years back for all of our tours while we were in Italy. Once you do a tour with Fabrizio you will also call him your friend. He not only knows exactly where to take you for the best tour in what ever area of Italy you are in, but he is funny, making for a fun tour day.

I will be returning to Italy with a large group this April, and have booked him to take the entire group on all our tours throughout Italy. He and his assistant Mary have been so helpful and have responded very promptly via email to answer all my questions in setting up the tours for us. I can't wait to see him again in April and am excited for my group to meet him. I will post a trip report regarding the various tours and what they included when I return.

• Like 1