CB New England/Canada review (8/22-8/29)

RTPGiants

We will be sailing on the CB 9/26/09 and have booked the Bar Harbor whale watching excursion w/Princess. Has anyone else had such a bad experience as they had in this review? I would love to hear from past cruisers regarding their experiences with this particular excursion. Thanks!

We went on this cruise last fall and had a great time. Sorry to hear yours left some to be desired.

The only problem we had was the cabdriver did not know where the cruise terminal was. We were taking a taxi from Midtown. He had to stop and ask several times, and we did see some of the buildings and streets more than once when he was trying to find the termimal. We politely asked him to stop the meter after going down the same street in Brooklyn for the 3rd time. The cc machine in his cab did not work. We do not carry much cash when traveling. The cabbie was quite put out when he did not get much of a tip. We had enough cash to pay the cab fare, but not much else.

If you go, make sure the cabby knows where he/she is going to.

We will be sailing on the CB 9/26/09 and have booked the Bar Harbor whale watching excursion w/Princess. Has anyone else had such a bad experience as they had in this review? I would love to hear from past cruisers regarding their experiences with this particular excursion. Thanks!

I can't make you cancel obviously, but I would. Go see the park instead. Watch Discovery channel for whales :)

We went on this cruise last fall and had a great time. Sorry to hear yours left some to be desired.

The only problem we had was the cabdriver did not know where the cruise terminal was. We were taking a taxi from Midtown. He had to stop and ask several times, and we did see some of the buildings and streets more than once when he was trying to find the termimal. We politely asked him to stop the meter after going down the same street in Brooklyn for the 3rd time. The cc machine in his cab did not work. We do not carry much cash when traveling. The cabbie was quite put out when he did not get much of a tip. We had enough cash to pay the cab fare, but not much else.

Again, to be clear, we all had a great time. So the service issues were minor on the whole.

As for the cab, make sure they check a map, but all NY cabs have GPS now. You can lookup the exact address you need online.

Thanks for the info RTPGiants, think we will do the HO/HO bus and then try some beaver tails!

We will be on the 26/9 sailing as well RBTraveler, had thought about the whale watching but my parents had done it a few years prior and said they wouldn't waste their day doing it again. Didn't see any whales but that's not to say you wouldn't. Have you joined the roll call yet?

I suggest you get a map and instructions from the Internet and have it with you. (Mapquest, Yahoo maps, Google maps)

I have hailed a cab one mile from the terminal and the driver had no idea where to go.

Archived