Any Ideas? Red Eye LA to Miami

davewilliamt

My buddy is coming on the red eye Thursday morning for our cruise on 9/4. Any ideas of what he should do? His plane lands about 7am.

Should he cruise south beach? Wait at the airport? Go to the port?

Is there anyplace he can drop his bags off? Will the port accept his bags at 9AM?

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Glibe comments?

Thanks,

Dave

Have him grab a bite to eat and coffee at MIA. Check their website for places in the terminal he is arriving at or before the security gates. Also on the Florida Departures Board here are threads for eating at Miami airport that may help.

Then grab a cab to the cruise terminal or your hotel and go to the boat with you.

Have a great cruise.

My buddy is coming on the red eye Thursday morning for our cruise on 9/4. Any ideas of what he should do? His plane lands about 7am.

Is there anyplace he can drop his bags off? Will the port accept his bags at 9AM?

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Glibe comments?

Thanks,

Dave

Doubt they will accept his bags that early....with everyone getting off a ship...etc. I sure would not wait at the airport either (unless he has transfers with the cruise line.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Glibe comments?

Thanks,

Dave

Might want to clarify the question.

You say he comes in at 7am on Thursday morning for a for a cruise on 9/4 (Friday).

Sounds like he needs a hotel for Thursday night. In the past, when I've done a red eye like that, I actually reserve a room for Wed night with guaranteed late check in. That way I can have my room on Thurs morning.

Might want to clarify the question.

You say he comes in at 7am on Thursday morning for a for a cruise on 9/4 (Friday).

Sounds like he needs a hotel for Thursday night. In the past, when I've done a red eye like that, I actually reserve a room for Wed night with guaranteed late check in. That way I can have my room on Thurs morning.

Sorry comes in on 9/3 at 7am for a cruise on 9/3 got my dates all mixed up

In the past, when I've done a red eye like that, I actually reserve a room for Wed night with guaranteed late check in. That way I can have my room on Thurs morning.

If he is interested in getting a hotel room to maybe catch a nap after the redeye, its not necessary to reserve one for Wednesday night. Some will offer a day rate. You can go straight to the hotel from the flight, and can have the room for most of the day. You are not required to check out in a few hours like you would be if you had reserved it for the previous night. I can't remember the name, but I booked one near the Miami Airport. Think it was the Wyndham? In this instance, ours was actually the opposite; we used it because we had a very late flight after our cruise, so we went there after leaving the ship. Its usually a cheaper rate than a full stay.

Archived