Amsterdam Airport Waiting Time Warning - Believe It.

A few weeks ago, we received an email from Celebrity warning us about excessive waiting times at Schipol airport. They suggested to us that we arrive at the airport 3 hours early for international flights.

BELIEVE IT.

We got guest services to move us to the first group off of the ship. Arriving at the airport on Friday, we were subject to about 2.5 hours of waiting in various lines before we got to the gate. If our flight hadn't been weather delayed, we would have been busting some sweat. Many panicked passengers were skipping through the line trying to make flights.

Three hours, folks.

If your incoming is a connection, it shouldn't be. My connection through Schipol last week had no problems.

Our incoming is not a connection. We are Flying direct from Detroit to Amsterdam and will need to go through customs/immigration in Amsterdam. Staying in Amsterdam several days before making our way to Hamburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were there separate line for business class do you know? I know Heathrow and Gatwick have a fast-track line.

No they donot. Only for passengers with short connections if you transfer in Amsterdam.

A few weeks ago, we received an email from Celebrity warning us about excessive waiting times at Schipol airport. They suggested to us that we arrive at the airport 3 hours early for international flights.

BELIEVE IT.

We got guest services to move us to the first group off of the ship. Arriving at the airport on Friday, we were subject to about 2.5 hours of waiting in various lines before we got to the gate. If our flight hadn't been weather delayed, we would have been busting some sweat. Many panicked passengers were skipping through the line trying to make flights.

Three hours, folks.

This warning was already posted a few weeks ago on the other Western Europe board since that is the one for Amsterdam.

There has been a meeting with various airlines ( a.o. KLM) and the airport authorities. They promised to open more gates for security etc. We just hope that will work.

We will be on a KLM flight connecting there this July on our way to Copenhagen...I hope there aren't any issues getting to our connecting flight! We will have to go through customs there as we are coming from the USA.

We will be on a KLM flight connecting there this July on our way to Copenhagen...I hope there aren't any issues getting to our connecting flight! We will have to go through customs there as we are coming from the USA.

Most problems are for passengers checking in at the airport, not for transit passengers. In your case it is only pasportcontrol, customs will take place in Denmark.