Balcony cabin on Anthem

Just booked a balcony cabin on Anthem Category D1 Cabin 13248. Looking at the picture it seems to be a trianglular shape and not straight rectangular like most of the other ones nearby. Is is larger or not a good choice. I told the agent I wanted midship and this is what he recommended. Just wondering why the room seems set back more and the balcony is shaped different

Just booked a balcony cabin on Anthem Category D1 Cabin 13248. Looking at the picture it seems to be a trianglular shape and not straight rectangular like most of the other ones nearby. Is is larger or not a good choice. I told the agent I wanted midship and this is what he recommended. Just wondering why the room seems set back more and the balcony is shaped different

I would say you have a great cabin. Larger than most balconies.:) You will be under the teen lounge "The Living Room" shouldn't hear any noise in the early morning of dragging deck chairs etc. :D I believe the smoking section is on the starboard side of the ship so no worries there...:D

I have the cabin right next door cabin 13246 booked for late June sailing.

Anyone have a prior experience that can say forsure???:confused:

On You Tube someone reviewed cabin 10248. just enter in Anthem of the Seas - Cabin 10248. He does a video of the whole cabin with the balcony at the end. I think you will be very happy when you see how much room there is. I have 9248 booked for next year.

Your cabin will be in a very convenient location! My parents had 8248 on our sailing and it was super close to the elevators but they never complained of any noise issues.

Biggest perk... the balcony is huge! All 6 of us could hang out on it comfortably with room to spare! We also hung a hammock for my Dad! :D Enjoy!

99273961_D1Balcony3Cabin8248.jpg.721df9a4ce47c37c2a168a2703ce53a3.jpg

293082342_D1Balcony1Cabin8248.jpg.b85698b0be673d21c18e7bb9456fcb72.jpg

265049495_D1Balcony4Cabin8248.jpg.56944283018dfb955798bb069657432f.jpg

1680085790_D1BalconyCabin8248.jpg.14de5e9bdbc5ac44b65a3180b1ccf131.jpg

On one of my solo cruises in March and also in April, I had cabin# 13648, same cabin as yours but on the starboard side. Balcony is huge, loved the location, close to the elevator, one floor up to the pool, CK and WJ.

Enjoy your sailing on Anthem :)

Hi, was hoping since you seem to know a bit about cabins, do you know anything specific about cabin 11218 (D6)? Is the bed near the balcony door or? enough closet/drawer space for 12 night clothing? Any help you wish to provide will be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

PS If any other poster has information, please share.

TYVM

:-)

The only negatives I have heard about deck 13 is the noise from the deck above and the view from the balcony isn't quite what some where expecting. Because of the overhang, it kind of gives more of a closed in feeling/view. But my understand is that the overhang does not affect the hump cabins.

Edited by erby2283

On one of my solo cruises in March and also in April, I had cabin# 13648, same cabin as yours but on the starboard side. Balcony is huge, loved the location, close to the elevator, one floor up to the pool, CK and WJ.

I have this room booked for December. I was told by the agent at the time that the couch is nearest the balcony, bed closer to the bathroom. Is this true? For I thought I saw pictures once and it was reversed, but can't find them anymore.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
Your cabin will be in a very convenient location! My parents had 8248 on our sailing and it was super close to the elevators but they never complained of any noise issues.

Biggest perk... the balcony is huge! All 6 of us could hang out on it comfortably with room to spare! We also hung a hammock for my Dad! :D Enjoy!

We have that cabin in October, thanks for the pictures! Can you tell me more about the hammock? It looks like a great idea !

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if you have a good outside view of the ship, looking out the balcony from this room? Is the bed near the door or the balcony? Also, what kind of hammock did you purchase to hang in your balcony?

Does anyone know if you have a good outside view of the ship, looking out the balcony from this room? Is the bed near the door or the balcony? Also, what kind of hammock did you purchase to hang in your balcony?

My son had this cabin. Great location. Bed is near the balcony. There are two chairs, two foot stools and a small table. Not sure what you mean by "good view". Whatever is there, whether it be the water or a sea gull, you will see it!

I just put 7248 on hold but am concerned with the lifeboats. I'm unsure if you noticed from your cabin but if so are they right outside the balcony? Have 2 cabins on hold deck 9 and 7. I saw the balcony on deck 7 and thought it would be great. I then noticed many cabins available on 7 and wondered if that was why--not as desired.

Thank you

Linda, I have 13646 for the April cruise,(got a good CR deal), was it noisy in the morning with Coastal Kitchen right above? Not too worried about noise at night as I'm usually out pretty late, but like to sleep in.

I just put 7248 on hold but am concerned with the lifeboats. I'm unsure if you noticed from your cabin but if so are they right outside the balcony? Have 2 cabins on hold deck 9 and 7. I saw the balcony on deck 7 and thought it would be great. I then noticed many cabins available on 7 and wondered if that was why--not as desired.

Thank you

I think you may have just gotten lucky that 7248 was available! I know I kept switching my parents until I was able to get them that largest balcony!

The lifeboats are on Deck 5 and Deck 6 balconies are obstructed by the tops of them. If I remember correctly there were NOT even any lifeboats directly under the -248 cabins, mostly because it was still part of that hump. I'm trying to compare the deck plans from Deck 5 vs. Deck 7 and it doesn't look like there should be lifeboats directly beneath your cabin.

Either way, it definitely would not be right outside your balcony or impeding that wonderful view at all! We had an obstructed view balcony on 6 and the top of the lifeboat came up to just about our balcony railing!

Have a great cruise! :D

Thank you

Below is a shot of the balcony for cabin 7648, indicated by arrow, on the starboard side which has the same balcony and location as 7248 on the port side. There is a small rescue boat or skiff two decks below both but that won't obstruct the view greatly. Yes the deck 7 balconies with lifeboats and tenders below them that obstruct the downward view are not as desirable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401275&d=1483588949

P1091325c.jpg.d0b4864e8cd9d51a672442ae2f486a3b.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Thank you

Below is a shot of the balcony for cabin 7648, indicated by arrow, on the starboard side which has the same balcony and location as 7248 on the port side. There is a small rescue boat or skiff two decks below both but that won't obstruct the view greatly. Yes the deck 7 balconies with lifeboats and tenders below them that obstruct the downward view are not as desirable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401275&d=1483588949

That is much easier than trying to compare deck plans by switching between screens! haha So I guess there were life boats in the vicinity, below, but it obviously didn't affect any of our enjoyment of that amazing balcony... as I didn't even remember seeing them there! lol

I suppose it would be a personal preference as to whether you would enjoy having a much larger balcony or being able to look straight down without seeing lifeboats! I definitely would opt for the larger balcony as you can see tons of unobstructed ocean views without looking down. :)

Also a perk, is the close and convenient vicinity to the elevators!

Yes, the inside of 7248 being a solo cabin is small but the balcony isn't. One could have a party out there. It's a shame a few more chairs aren't provided for such a large balcony. Below is a shot I got of that balcony during a cabin crawl on our first Anthem cruise last winter.

We had cabin 10562, also has an extra large balcony, for one of our Anthem cruise and use the foot stools as seats and desk chair when we had company but the balcony had plenty of room for more than five that could be seated with the above.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401286&d=1483622891

P1040886a.jpg.8ebe2306b84c3b85713d6afa3c6eb47d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I was in 13250 and it also was a larger balcony and a GREAT room. Great location, we did not hear noise from the pool deck at all. Easy access to go up to the Windjammer only one floor up. Two to the Seaplex.

That's funny, We are going to be in that room in February... we chose it b/c it looked slightly larger to us , too! so happy that it really is slightly bigger! Any pics to post?

• 3 weeks later...